What are the odds of Sansa and Tyrion ending up together?

Saci Targaryen

The major benefit would be that since they are already married they wouldn't have to go through a divorce to get married, which sounds funny, I realize. Beyond that, it would mean that she's our of Littlefinger's control. Maybe she uses the Magic Hairnet on him?

Sansa as Lady of Casterly Rock and Tyrion as Lord Protector of the North? Politically it might work, but it would upset most of the Sansa fans terribly.

Yea, I'm currently on my 3rd re-read of the books, and I noticed that since book 1 GRRM strongly hints that they might end up together. I think this was an idea he had in his mind since the very beginning.

I'd love it if you'd expand on this. Could you quote the evidence that you're seeing?

I'd love it if you'd expand on this. Could you quote the evidence that you're seeing?

Sure... I'll go check my book on that. Of course that as of Book 1 the mentions are very vague, such as a Tyrion noticing that Sansa is very sweet and pretty etc... when I get home I will try to find the exact pages.

Yea, I'm currently on my 3rd re-read of the books, and I noticed that since book 1 GRRM strongly hints that they might end up together. I think this was an idea he had in his mind since the very beginning.

Ditto on the quotes. I'm really interested as during the re-read thread we found very little Sansa / Tyrion foreshadowing, a couple of lines here and there, but they were debatable in meaning. Anything you've found would be interesting.

The major benefit would be that since they are already married they wouldn't have to go through a divorce to get married, which sounds funny, I realize. Beyond that, it would mean that she's our of Littlefinger's control. Maybe she uses the Magic Hairnet on him?

Sansa as Lady of Casterly Rock and Tyrion as Lord Protector of the North? Politically it might work, but it would upset most of the Sansa fans terribly.

This is actually a good point, isn't divorce prohibited in Westeroos? That means that either Sansa or Tyrion will have to die for the other to marry, right?

Sure... I'll go check my book on that. Of course that as of Book 1 the mentions are very vague, such as a Tyrion noticing that Sansa is very sweet and pretty etc... when I get home I will try to find the exact pages.

Thanks Saci. I'm not a supporter of this potential match, but I am genuinely interested in considering foreshadowing.

Given the foreshadowing in the story I'd say 20%

Given the ridiculous Tyrion favouritism of the author I'd say 70%

Odds that this thread will turn ugly really fast: 100%

I'm really, really interested in hear about this "Tyrion-favouritism" you speak of.

I mean, yes, GRRM said Tyrion was his favorite character (Which is in itself different from "favouritism"), and Tyrion has some plot armor - tough no different than, say, Arya, Jon, or even Sansa herself - but I really can't see this blatant favouritism you speak of.

I'm really, really interested in hear about this "Tyrion-favouritism" you speak of.

I mean, yes, GRRM said Tyrion was his favorite character (Which is in itself different from "favouritism"), and Tyrion has some plot armor - tough no different than, say, Arya, Jon, or even Sansa herself - but I really can't see this blatant favouritism you speak of.

Always managing to solicit sympathy for Tyrion even when he is behaving odiously and participating in terrible actions.

Archived