What are the odds of Sansa and Tyrion ending up together?

Saci Targaryen

Never. I do not support paedophilia.

So does Tyrion, Sansa will grow up and going to make her own decision, IMO this is the only way this will work for both of them. I doubt Tyrion would just contuine their marriage against her will

I'm really, really interested in hear about this "Tyrion-favouritism" you speak of.

I mean, yes, GRRM said Tyrion was his favorite character (Which is in itself different from "favouritism"), and Tyrion has some plot armor - tough no different than, say, Arya, Jon, or even Sansa herself - but I really can't see this blatant favouritism you speak of.

I'll be laughing the rest of the day now.

I'll be laughing the rest of the day now.

All characters have huge plotarmor

Bran-survived fall from a tower, cribble who survived the journey to the wall and to the cave

Arya-get to braavos through a war without been raped or killed

Sansa-survive Joffrey

Jon-14 year old who survived riding with the wildlings and Janos Slynt and Stannis attack at the wildlings defending a tent

Davos-survived Blackwater and Stannis wrath

All characters have huge plotarmor

Bran-survived fall from a tower, cribble who survived the journey to the wall and to the cave

Arya-get to braavos through a war without been raped or killed

Sansa-survive Joffrey

Jon-14 year old who survived riding with the wildlings and Janos Slynt and Stannis attack at the wildlings defending a tent

Davos-survived Blackwater and Stannis wrath

yes they do, but not all characters have a plot Death Star surrounding them.

We are discussing the situation after five books now and cannot know anything definite about what will have happened to characters when the last chapters are unfolding, about the protagonists' story and their personal development.

Therefore discussing what characters might want or not want - or what we as readers want them to like or dislike - at the present stage of the story is pointless since the author will take the plot exactly where he wants it to go and his creatures will have to follow him and will desire and love exactly the person GRRM wants them to.

Everything is wrong about tyrion-sansa. personalities, one's a nice good person, one is far from it. looks, familial problems, anything else you can dream of.

And that "everything is wrong" will be exactly the challenge for the author. Since when has Martin been afraid to present a demanding plot to his readers?

I've always wanted that...

I haven't. I do however respect Sansa's right when it comes to her desires and intersts and those do not include Tyrion. More than once, she has flat out stated she doesn't want to be married to him and has also called him a liar.

Sansa as Lady of Casterly Rock and Tyrion as Lord Protector of the North? Politically it might work, but it would upset most of the Sansa fans terribly.

Did you read Dance of Dragons? Politically, it wouldn't work.

Yea, I'm currently on my 3rd re-read of the books, and I noticed that since book 1 GRRM strongly hints that they might end up together. I think this was an idea he had in his mind since the very beginning.

Really? Because I've picked the Sansa chapters apart and have engaged in a community re-read and have found very little foreshadowing. I've found foreshadowing for different relationships and other paths in life, but very little with Tyrion. Could you pull out some quotes and textual evidence for this? I'd really like to see it.

We are discussing the situation after five books now and cannot know anything definite about what will have happened to characters when the last chapters are unfolding, about the protagonists' story and their personal development.

Therefore discussing what characters might want or not want - or what we as readers want them to like or dislike - at the present stage of the story is pointless since the author will take the plot exactly where he wants it to go and his creatures will have to follow him and will desire and love exactly the person GRRM wants them to.

You are right! It is pointless. We might as well just stop discussing 90% of the topics on this message board right now because Martin will just do whatever he wants. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's even remotely possible. He had many opportunities to show sansa softening toward Tyrion during their marriage and he never did. san/san supporter or no, there is substantially more foreshadowing/textual evidence for a future with sandor than with tyrion, particularly her remembering Sandor in Tyrion's place when she thinks about/dreams about her own wedding night. I don't necessarily think GRRM will go there either, but I am totally sure that he won't keep put Sansa with Tyrion at the end. She virtually never thinks about him and he doesn't even really think about her. GRRM is also careful to make clear that the marriage CAN be annulled and careful not to have them consummate it. The only question for me is whether it will be annulled or whether Tyrion will die, so that it doesn't even need to be.

Archived