Your most Ridiculous Theories--Post em here

Ser Generic

Taena Merryweather is Rhaenys Targaryen.

Her dark looks come from her Dornish mother. (GRRM said that Rhaenys looked more like a Martell.)

She's not as old as she appears - the grieving for her slaughtered family aged her up.

She's the younger more beautiful woman Cersei is afraid of. She could even be regarded as a Queen, since Aegon is fake, Jon Snow (if born legitimate) took the black, so all his claims are void, and Viserys is dead. She trumps Dany, too - as Rhaegar's daughter she would come in the line of succession before his sister.

Now she's actively working at bringing the "Baratheon" dynasty down.

She doesn't want her son at the court not because he's Robert Baratheon's bastard, but because he's the very likeness of little Rhaegar, and she's worried Varys would notice.

Yeah, I know that George confirmed Rhaenys' death. This is just for fun. :laugh:

Edit: Also, Taena... :leaving:

Samwell will (unwittingly) hatch a dragon.

Aemon's body is still in a cask of rum, for Sam to burn once they're in Oldtown.

I have no idea where the dragon egg is going to come from, but there must be a reason for keeping Aemon's body around.

A dead body (full of Targ King's blood) is not just a dead body ;)

Edit:

Dragon eggs may be at the citadel, because the Maesters never liked them and could have tried to snatch them whenever they could to make sure no dragons were hatched. Jaqen/Pate finds them (because that's what he came for?), is discovered by Sam, and there we go.

I still don't know how the horn from the Fist ties in with all that.

Cersei and Jaime are Targaryens, children of Aerys. He probably slept with lady Joanna.

I think several people like this theory. Me for one, though I don't really believe it. But I would just love their bastard names (posted them somewhere before I think):

Jaime & Cersei Hill

I always imagine them on stage in red Western shirts with golden fringes, Cersei with a Dolly Parton hairstyle, Jaime strumming the harp, singing about the Golden Golden Hills of Home

:lmao:

Taena Merryweather is Rhaenys Targaryen.

Her dark looks come from her Dornish mother. (GRRM said that Rhaenys looked more like a Martell.)

She's not as old as she appears - the grieving for her slaughtered family aged her up.

She's the younger more beautiful woman Cersei is afraid of. She could even be regarded as a Queen, since Aegon is fake, Jon Snow (if born legitimate) took the black, so all his claims are void, and Viserys is dead. She trumps Dany, too - as Rhaegar's daughter she would come in the line of succession before his sister.

No! You got most of it right, but who she is...

she is the daughter of Bloodraven and Seastar.....She is the White Dragon!

Jon Snow is the hero of the story and the main character, Arya is his love interest, Tyrion a fried turning enemy, Dany an evil blood relative, Bran a wise magical adviser and Ned was the father figure that has to die at the beginning of every hero story.

Not really a crackpot theory (until you get to the latter half), buuut: When people speak of 'waking' a dragon, they speak of errupting volcanoes. Dragonstone could easily be a volcano, given that it smokes all the time, the Summerhall tragedy could have easily been a volcano blowing open, and the dragon of Winterfell could be a long dormant volcano responsible for things like the hot springs.

Now, given that these mythical (meaning we don't they're literal) dragons might be nothing but natural occurences, maybe the Great Other is nothing but a natural occurence., too And what natural occurence causes the world to freeze over? The Ice Age.

Definitely won't come to pass, but I like to think this is what the Great Other is.

Not really a crackpot theory (until you get to the latter half), buuut: When people speak of 'waking' a dragon, they speak of errupting volcanoes. Dragonstone could easily be a volcano, given that it smokes all the time, the Summerhall tragedy could have easily been a volcano blowing open, and the dragon of Winterfell could be a long dormant volcano responsible for things like the hot springs.

Now, given that these mythical (meaning we don't they're literal) dragons might be nothing but natural occurences, maybe the Great Other is nothing but a natural occurence., too And what natural occurence causes the world to freeze over? The Ice Age.

Definitely won't come to pass, but I like to think this is what the Great Other is.

Like!

The Kindly Man tells Arya that Firewyrms occur "naturally" in the ground in Valyria, which is an area of high vulcanic activity (=> Doom!), so maybe whenever a volcano erupts in ASOIAF, dragons are brought to the surface along with the lava etc., and the Dragonlords were able to tame those.

Crazy idea about the cold, too!

So basically the land of Westeros is at the beginning of another age of reason. No more magic and supernatural beings/objects/ The maesters will signal the dawn of a new age. Soon electricity and the power of steam will be discovered. Westeros will be industrialised. Starks, Lannisters, Targaryens will join forces against the smallfolk who will rise against their oppressors. The feudal system is the great other.

I just caught Butterbumps calling Lady Olenna "My Lady" in ASOS, so my crackpot theory is that he is noble born and using a fake identity.

It's not so unusual. He's probably not highborn but he does live in a southron court. He's bound to have picked up the mannerisms.

Archived