If Fire = Dragon. Then Ice = What?

Sandor's Hound

Others are intelligent humanoid looking beings with a sense of humor, who can use weapons. Dragons are "only" beasts.

If any animal species can spout ice, then you're probably looking for giant ice spiders we've heard so much of. ;)

(Direwolves are also well suited for winter, but they certainly don't spit out ice crystals or something.)

I also remember hearing something about ice dragons (I think from the D&E stories? correct me if wrong plz) Doubtful they might show up but who the heck knows?

The Ice Dragon in Dunk & Egg refers to the constellation, with the 'dragon's eye' a particuliarly bright blue star that if I remember correctly guides the way North.

I think Ice and fire refers to: Ice = Jon, Fire = Dany, Stark and Targaryen

Jon already is Stark and Targaryen, provided Rhaegar and Lyanna are his parents. So, no need for Daenerys there. (:

Something different: Rhaegar mentioned that Aegon's song was the Song of Ice and Fire. I don't think Rhaegar meant dragons here or other beasts and Aegon was Martell and Targaryen, so 'Ice and Fire' could mean something completely different.

I think Ice and fire refers to: Ice = Jon, Fire = Dany, Stark and Targaryen

If it's Stark and Targaryen, then Jon's both on his own.

Something different: Rhaegar mentioned that Aegon's song was the Song of Ice and Fire. I don't think Rhaegar meant dragons here or other beasts and Aegon was Martell and Targaryen, so 'Ice and Fire' could mean something completely different.

Speculation there is that Rhaegar ended up changing his mind, and went to Lyanna because that would have been an actual "ice and fire" connection.

I also remember hearing something about ice dragons (I think from the D&E stories? correct me if wrong plz) Doubtful they might show up but who the heck knows?

Tales of ice dragons come up two or three times in Jon's POV in ADWD.
The wind was gusting, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan had told when Jon was a boy.

The road beneath the Wall was as dark and cold as the belly of an ice dragon and as twisty as a serpent

Archived