WHO IS THE MOST HANDSOME MAN IN THE SEVEN KINGDOMS?

lord mutton

I think Renly would be a fair vote, though honorable mentions go to both Loras and Jaime Lannister.

My reasoning: Sansa, who we know has an eye for beauty, dubs Renly "the most handsome man she had ever seen." Now, at this point she's met Jaime Lannister already, and apparently he can't compete. Later, she meets Loras and develops a crush on him, but never once concedes that he is more handsome than Renly.

Renly is tall, muscular, broad shouldered, and "powerfully built" (yet still lean and lithe, according to Brienne) with midnight black hair, a square jaw, a gorgeous smile, and eyes so magically sexy that they change of their own accord from green to blue in between AGOT and ACOK.

As for the competitors Jaime and Renly, Jaime's hair is starting to grey at 33, and he's got an androgenous vibe to him with all those comments about him and Cersei "looking as alike as two reflections in a mirror." (Cause I don't see Cersei as being even remotely mannish.) As for Loras Tyrell, he's very cute, but also seems to be working something of a Justin Bieber, teen pop star sort of attractiveness that I find rather cheap and cliched.

Ultimately, for manly beauty, you can't beat the King--Renly Baratheon, the first of his name, stud of Kings Landing, rightful star of the tourneys and pageants, sexyborn, father of desire and slayer of hearts. The Westeros king-- of Sexy.

Some honorable mentions:

--Gerris Drinkwater. Distractingly good looking; tall, sandy haired, bright blue eyed, "with a lean and comely body." Impresses even Danerys.

--Darkstar. God forgive me for admitting it, but he sounds hot.

--Young Robert Baratheon: Like Renly but more beefy/ muscular. Looses points for the "hairy eye brows" and almost sure constant state of drunkenness.

--Arthur Dayne: Isn't the man said to be incredibly handsome?

--Gendry: A lot of people have given that impression.

--Possibly Brandon Stark-- we know he's "taller and handsomer" than Ned, but wasn't Ned "plain"?

--Rheagar Targaryen: According to Cersei Lannister, "the most beautiful man" she'd ever seen. Actually, come to think of it, he should probably be tied with Renly for first place.

I personally just have a hard time picturing a "beautiful" man with long, flowing silvery hair and violet eyes looking...well, masculine.

I think Renly would be a fair vote, though honorable mentions go to both Loras and Jaime Lannister.

My reasoning: Sansa, who we know has an eye for beauty, dubs Renly "the most handsome man she had ever seen." Now, at this point she's met Jaime Lannister already, and apparently he can't compete. Later, she meets Loras and develops a crush on him, but never once concedes that he is more handsome than Renly.

Renly is tall, muscular, broad shouldered, and "powerfully built" (yet still lean and lithe, according to Brienne) with midnight black hair, a square jaw, a gorgeous smile, and eyes so magically sexy that they change of their own accord from green to blue in between AGOT and ACOK.

As for the competitors Jaime and Renly, Jaime's hair is starting to grey at 33, and he's got an androgenous vibe to him with all those comments about him and Cersei "looking as alike as two reflections in a mirror." (Cause I don't see Cersei as being even remotely mannish.) As for Loras Tyrell, he's very cute, but also seems to be working something of a Justin Bieber, teen pop star sort of attractiveness that I find rather cheap and cliched.

Ultimately, for manly beauty, you can't beat the King--Renly Baratheon, the first of his name, stud of Kings Landing, rightful star of the tourneys and pageants, sexyborn, father of desire and slayer of hearts. The Westeros king-- of Sexy.

Some honorable mentions:

--Gerris Drinkwater. Distractingly good looking; tall, sandy haired, bright blue eyed, "with a lean and comely body." Impresses even Danerys.

--Darkstar. God forgive me for admitting it, but he sounds hot.

--Young Robert Baratheon: Like Renly but more beefy/ muscular. Looses points for the "hairy eye brows" and almost sure constant state of drunkenness.

--Arthur Dayne: Isn't the man said to be incredibly handsome?

--Gendry: A lot of people have given that impression.

--Possibly Brandon Stark-- we know he's "taller and handsomer" than Ned, but wasn't Ned "plain"?

--Rheagar Targaryen: According to Cersei Lannister, "the most beautiful man" she'd ever seen. Actually, come to think of it, he should probably be tied with Renly for first place.

I personally just have a hard time picturing a "beautiful" man with long, flowing silvery hair and violet eyes looking...well, masculine.

Both Sansa and Brienne describe Renly as the most handsome man they had ever seen--two completely different girls, but the same description. So, Renly would definitely be #1, with Rhaegar right up there.

I don't know if Arthur Dayne is said to be incredibly handsome, but everything else about him says yum. Oberyn Martell would be ranked high on the basis of looks, personality, and sex appeal, as would Jaime.

Queen Cersei's rankings are dead-on.

We may like Jaime more, but both Brienne and Sansa thinking Renly's the most handsome man they had seen says quite a bit.

Wasn't that before she saw Jaime? I don't even remember that at all, but I don't think Renly would have still looked "half a god" after having his hand cut off and still practically too weak to walk.

Archived