Who will Justin Massey hire? (spoilers - don't read if you have not read ADWD)

thewingedwolf

As I finished my re-read of ADWD I got to wonder about which free companies Justin Massey would be able to hire. We know right off that the Golden Company (which was Stannis's first choice) is out fo the question and it seems that most of the companies (at least the ones we know about) are somehow involved in the siege of Meereen.

I am sure there are many more companies we have no knowledge of but still I would fin it pretty cool (and ironic) that, if, hiring companies currently committed to the Yunkai'i Justin Massey would somehow contribute to accelerate or facilitate Daenerys's return to Westeros by lifting the siege of Meereen.

As I said, I do assume that there are many more companies we do not yet know about but I think it would be a pretty cool plot twist if somehow the stories became intertwined.

Thoughts? Comments?

As I finished my re-read of ADWD I got to wonder about which free companies Justin Massey would be able to hire. We know right off that the Golden Company (which was Stannis's first choice) is out fo the question and it seems that most of the companies (at least the ones we know about) are somehow involved in the siege of Meereen.

I am sure there are many more companies we have no knowledge of but still I would fin it pretty cool (and ironic) that, if, hiring companies currently committed to the Yunkai'i Justin Massey would somehow contribute to accelerate or facilitate Daenerys's return to Westeros by lifting the siege of Meereen.

As I said, I do assume that there are many more companies we do not yet know about but I think it would be a pretty cool plot twist if somehow the stories became intertwined.

Thoughts? Comments?

He will probably hire a bunch of rag-tags, since all the noteworthy companies have been taken.

Well he's more capable than the others, although that's not saying much.

I definitely think he is propbably the best guy Stannis had for the job. I still think it would be pretty funny if he inadvertently ended up helping Dany by stealing away some companies from the Yunkai'i . . . Bet Melisandre didn't see that one in her fires

Agreed, there are numerous sellswords to be had in essos. With the baking of the ib they will flock to stannis.

I think he will make it too. Seems like the debt owed by the Iron Throne is pretty significant so I guess the IB will push hard for Stannis.

You may very well be right but I hope not, however I could see him try to sneak her out with him to Braavos.

Yeah, he'll probably leave with Asha to Braavos. However, I also see him using the sellswords to try and displace Euron (after being seduced by Asha with the promises of a crown and marriage). That would be hilarious...

Yeah, he'll probably leave with Asha to Braavos. However, I also see him using the sellswords to try and displace Euron (after being seduced by Asha with the promises of a crown and marriage). That would be hilarious...

If he does that, he will officialy join the same category of idiots as Arys Oakheart . . . But I agree it would be funny.

As always, I will state my opinion that Justin Massey is not reliable/completely trustworthy, at least not under the circumstances under which Stannis has assigned him this mission. He's a fun minor character though.

If he succeeds in his mission and manages to keep his pants on around Asha Greyjoy, he might yet get some importance in the story. . .

Archived