Who will Justin Massey hire? (spoilers - don't read if you have not read ADWD)

thewingedwolf

Th Iron Bank needs Stannis on the throne. I don't think they will allow anything to happen. That being said, if Justin Massey plays it smart and makes an ally of the IB it could pay off for him in the future

They don't need him on the Throne; he is just their best option right now. They are sort of in a similar position to Justin Massey. If they have another option, as likely to pay off the Crown's debts, they are not loyal to Stannis out of any deep feeling - they may switch horses.

Stannis meets Daenerys Targaryen. The vision in the House of the Undying seems to indicate this. I also have never seen Martin end a book with a big tragedy before fleshing out the true story. In this instance, he leads us to believe that both Stannis and Jon Snow are dead, after making them the main focal point of the last book?

Stannis meets Daenerys Targaryen. The vision in the House of the Undying seems to indicate this. I also have never seen Martin end a book with a big tragedy before fleshing out the true story. In this instance, he leads us to believe that both Stannis and Jon Snow are dead, after making them the main focal point of the last book?

Stannis is not dead, we get that from the sample chapter of Winds of Winter

Stannis is not dead, we get that from the sample chapter of Winds of Winter

Supposedly GRRM stated that the sample chapter is before the final events of ADWD. The chronology in TWOW is going to be insane. The POVs from AFFC are very out of kilter from the ones in ADWD, and even the ones in ADWD are a bit out of kilter with each other.

Im glad you enjoyed it, and yes stannis is amazing.

Yeah its the first time i read this. Hes still a dick but Stannis is hanging Theon by manacles. I approve. Among other things.

And herp, yeah its pretty clear that Stannis isnt dead. Ramsay simply wanted Jon to think that. (and the reader)

Supposedly GRRM stated that the sample chapter is before the final events of ADWD. The chronology in TWOW is going to be insane. The POVs from AFFC are very out of kilter from the ones in ADWD, and even the ones in ADWD are a bit out of kilter with each other.

You're right about that. The chronology is going to be nuts. I think at some point, there will have to be converging events (i.e. events where more than one POV are present) just to help the reader get everything in line.

no, I know Stannis isn't dead, I said Martin leads us to believe that he's dead.

I can't wait for Stannis to sacrifice Theon to the Old Gods.

Yeah theres a doubt about that actually happening. Something might stop that from occurring. And wtf is up with dem ravens?

As always, I will state my opinion that Justin Massey is not reliable/completely trustworthy, at least not under the circumstances under which Stannis has assigned him this mission. He's a fun minor character though.

Massey is going with actual fistfulls of gold. Tyrion finds a company as a slave signing pieces of paper. If there's to be any consistency here, massey should come back with the best sellswords ever.

Massey is going with actual fistfulls of gold. Tyrion finds a company as a slave signing pieces of paper. If there's to be any consistency here, massey should come back with the best sellswords ever.

Yup, if tyrion can buy with promises massey can buy, with, you know real money.

Will the IB send someone with Massey to monitor and direct his actions? I don't think so.

Thats cuz you are a fool. The IB will have sellswords set up for him.

You think they're going to give stannis a blank check written on top of at least a million golden dragons amd not monitor their investment?

Yeah theres a doubt about that actually happening. Something might stop that from occurring. And wtf is up with dem ravens?

The ravens are the kind of details that GRRM never puts without reason. I am sure we'll find out soon enough

Archived