Foolmoot

Brony Stark

Who's the best fool in the series

Moonboy, the fool at Kings Landing. Witty, walks on stilts, pie faced. Not as simple as he seems.

Butterbumps. As fat as three Moonboys put together, can fart at will and sings loud.

Patchface. Stannis's fool. Only friend of princess Shireen aside from Edric Storm, a former witty man from Essos that now speaks prophecies after his ship was sunk.

Aegon Frey (Jinglebells) Dancer, a halfwit. Got killed by Catelyn Stark.

The Darkhorse.

Tyrion Lannister. Witty, nimble and has the loosest tongue in Westeros.

Now, who is the fooliest of them all.

There is NO CONTEST - Patchface all the way. Did any of those other fools predict the Red Wedding (and yes, he predicted the Red Wedding)? No. Do they have their own catchphrase? Not that I remember. Do they SCARE Melisandre? Hell, no. Patchface rules. Plus, he is for real a secret Targaryan.

There is NO CONTEST - Patchface all the way. Did any of those other fools predict the Red Wedding (and yes, he predicted the Red Wedding)? No. Do they have their own catchphrase? Not that I remember. Do they SCARE Melisandre? Hell, no. Patchface rules. Plus, he is for real a secret Targaryan.

Seriously and anybody who says otherwise is just being a contrarian.

I know this is sacrilege, but Moon Boy is apparently brilliant. Sansa remarks on how insightful Moon Boy's mocking actually is, and thinks "maybe he is no fool," or something like that. For the record, I think Butterbumps is lame as hell. His only good features are that he inexplicably makes people laugh through low-brow humor and he has a comical name.

But just to get on the same page, Patchface is everything a fool shouldn't be. He's not funny, witty, nimble or entertaining in any way. He's a creep. Fools aren't supposed to creepers. Fools are meant to bring people joy and diversion, not make people cringe in disgust or freak them out with creepiness. So, in sum, Patchface is THE WORST fool of the lot, and practically functions as a "what not to be" guide for all aspiring fools.

I would like to respectfully submit Dontos Hollard for consideration. He played the fool as a knight, and then had his life saved by becoming a fool. I think he acted honorably in the final analysis with Sansa and didn't deserve what he got in the end.

You know, I think Patchface didn't care about anyone else. He stated Jingle Bells was the saddest death. He wanted to save the fool from being killed. *ponders going back into his prophecies to see if he predicted Dontos's death*

Best at his job: Moon Boy

The best at being completely *awesome: Patchface

*Awesome in this instance is 100% interchangeable with creepy.

Mormont's raven tells us.

"Fool",the raven agreed.Tyrion glanced up.The bird peered down at him with those beady black eyes,ruffling it's wings."Fool",it called again.

Tyrion goes on to become a fool in his double act with Penny,as the bird correctly foreshadows.

I know this is sacrilege, but Moon Boy is apparently brilliant. Sansa remarks on how insightful Moon Boy's mocking actually is, and thinks "maybe he is no fool," or something like that. For the record, I think Butterbumps is lame as hell. His only good features are that he inexplicably makes people laugh through low-brow humor and he has a comical name.

But just to get on the same page, Patchface is everything a fool shouldn't be. He's not funny, witty, nimble or entertaining in any way. He's a creep. Fools aren't supposed to creepers. Fools are meant to bring people joy and diversion, not make people cringe in disgust or freak them out with creepiness. So, in sum, Patchface is THE WORST fool of the lot, and practically functions as a "what not to be" guide for all aspiring fools.

lol. Terrible job repping your namesake BB. If you were to ask about the best cutpurses in Braavos, I'd humbly put forth Tagganaro as the greatest cutpurse ever.

Patchface is so incredibly creepy that it almost passes being creepy back to being hilarious. In his defense, he does seem to have good comic timing- His "I will lead the ranging" when Jon and Selyse are arguing over Hardhome is pretty hilarious and perfectly timed, resulting in uproarious laughter all around (except for Jon I think who is ready to wake the dragon at this point).

In BB's defense, he can apparently sing the Bear and the Maiden Fair while standing on his head, which is no small feat for a man of his massive size. His work with canaries was also very impressive, although admittedly low-brow.

Moonboy, ehh...He's never really done anything that memorable. I'd need to reread the scenes he's in where Sansa remarks about it to get better context.

As for best fool, I'd probably go with Axell Florent- He's gotta be trolling everyone with his behavior for shits and giggles.

It was the weird dwarf woman at High Heart who said Jingle Bell's was the saddest death. Poor Jingle Bell. Was there ever a less funny fool? He's clearly in last place, poor old dude.

Patchface will punish those of you heretics who dissent one day with fire and blood...

Contrarian!

Archived