Am I the only one grossed out about SanSan?

Liar

As much as I like the Hound and enjoy reading about him, I love Sansa the triple. When I read and reread her, I see her as a little sister, grieving with her and also "reproaching her" if she makes a bad decision.

I don't know if there is people who sincerely are/were pro-SanSan, but for what I've read on this forum, yes, there is.

Sandor is a bad partner for Sansa! He is too old, shit-mouthed, have terrible manners, overly aggressive. Even the "reborn" Sandor, should be more of a elder-brotherly relationship or fatherly figure.

The scene in the battle of the Blackwater was gross. First I thought: "Yeah Sandy! take her out of there!" But then it all was just... creepy. "Don't you touch herrr!"

Is there anyone pro SanSan? Please counterpoint.

Yeah, I hate the SanSan 'ship. Not so much because he is so much older than her but more because he is so unstable (and yeah, I get he had a 'hard life' and all that, the man is still violent and dangerous).

Sansa would be a great catch for poor old Sandor, something of a reward for having so much crap heaped on him during his life. But Sandor just seems like a punishment for Sansa - like "sucked in little girl, you wanted a knight or a prince but we got you a monster instead". I get that some people want Sansa punished (and punished and punished) for her naivety, but this seems cruel. And the strange thing is, the people who are on board the SanSan ship, I think, are mainly people who like Sansa, not her haters anyway. I don't get it at all.

I don't think SanSan is a permanent ship-they're not going to end up married with babies ever after. Rather, Sandor will play Sidney Carton to Sansa's Lucy Manette-he'll end up dying for her, she who excited "the last dream of my soul".

As long as he's not paired with one of my favorite characters I don't care. He has the same basic faults as Jorah-too old, too ugly, and broke.

I like Rhaegar/Lyanna but Rhaegar was in his early '20s and still hot. That's not true for Tyrion or Sandor.

Sandor seems to be drunk most of the time. There's the whole knife point thing which I think is jail worthy IRL. IDK it's very Jane Austen or Jane Eyre to me. IDGI. For example Mr. Rochester was not nice to Jane. I remember reading it thinking did I miss a part of the book? Sandor is verbally/emotionally abusive. I personally wouldn't be in love with that unless I had low self esteem.

I don't see the romantic appeal but others do. The Phantom of the Opera/Beauty and Beast stuff is popular. I never liked those things though. My sister was into it but not me. Prince Eric and Prince Phillip> Ugly Beauty and the Beast prince.

Personally I'd like to see Sansa with a young, charming, smoking hot boy-- just for an "up yours" towards all those who berate her for her attraction to handsome men, and insist that she needs to "mature" and grow "less shallow" in the future. (And later fall into the waiting arms of Tyrion, the member of an enemy house to whom she's shown no physical attraction to in the past whatsoever.) Then I'd like the gorgeous, strapping young fellow in question (between the ages of 13 and 18) to show that his mind and morals are every bit as dazzling as his smile; his heart every bit as perfect as his washboard abs. He and Sansa will go on to have a delightful, egalitarian relationship, filled with mutual respect, desire, and (eventually) mind blowing sex.

This little tale would be my answer for those who imply that Sansa "needs to be taught a lesson" WRT sexuality, and that it's somehow wrong for her to like handsome boys her own age.

ETA: Of course, young, tall, handsome, charming, and highly sexed males are almost invariably douchebags in GRRM novels-- they turn out to be heartless players, even though they basically do the same things and display the same attitudes that GRRM's avatar Tyrion does without censure, and with a great deal of sympathy. (I guess sleeping around and using women is a-okay, so long as the women in question are prostitutes, and the guy is ugly?)

I hereby nominate Gerris Drinkwater, who is the only guy of such a type I can recall in these books who ended up being a decent individual.

Personally I'd like to see Sansa with a young, charming, smoking hot boy-- just for an "up yours" towards all those who berate her for her attraction to handsome men, and insist that she needs to "mature" and grow "less shallow" in the future. (And later fall into the waiting arms of Tyrion, the member of an enemy house to whom she's shown no physical attraction to in the past whatsoever.) Then I'd like the gorgeous, strapping young fellow in question (between the ages of 13 and 18) to show that his mind and morals are every bit as dazzling as his smile; his heart every bit as perfect as his washboard abs. He and Sansa will go on to have a delightful, egalitarian relationship, filled with mutual respect, desire, and (eventually) mind blowing sex.

This little tale would be my answer for those who imply that Sansa "needs to be taught a lesson" WRT sexuality, and that it's somehow wrong for her to like handsome boys her own age.

ETA: Of course, young, tall, handsome, charming, and highly sexed males are almost invariably douchebags in GRRM novels-- they turn out to be heartless players, even though they basically do the same things and display the same attitudes that GRRM's avatar Tyrion does without censure, and with a great deal of sympathy. (I guess sleeping around and using women is a-okay, so long as the women in question are prostitutes, and the guy is ugly?)

I hereby nominate Gerris Drinkwater, who is the only guy of such a type I can recall in these books who ended up being a decent individual.

The jealousy leaps from the pages.

Gaah, this is depressingly true- the cute guys are deficient to begin with and most are either awful or gay. There was Marillion, Jaime, Joffery, Euron, Drogo...

Nope. Before going to the internet to discuss it, a San/San pairing never ever crossed my mind. It was a shock to see people seriously defend it, coming with all kinds of excuses to make the pairing of a late 20's/early 30's deformed, drunk and bitter killer of children with a 12 year old that he might even have raped seem acceptable. And I do like the Hound, but seriously, this is pathetic.

Having once been in high school and proceeded through college and, having met my share of young, tall, handsome, charming, and highly sexed males, I can say with some degree of certainty that almost all of them are douchebags in real life. The super hot nice guy is as rare in reality as he should be in fiction.

To the OP, no, you're not the only one grossed out by SanSan.

San-San would have been great when he could have taken her from KL, during the battle.

Instead she waited for her fake Knight, had to marry Tyrion, unknowingly help kill Joff ( which would been better if she was in on it), and ended up in LF hand. I just don't see it coming back around. "The Hound" is dead, Sandor is on QI and I don't know if we will see him again. Sansa is in the Vale, and hiding.

This Ship has passed.

Archived