a theory about Jaime,Bran and Lady Stoneheart

tamjlee

This idea has creeped into my head and won't let me sleep,so I hope by posting it,I can finally rest.

Ok, I'm not a great writter so often my ideas come out cheesy,contrite and simple, but I think that the initial thought is a good one and can really be enhanced by writters with more talent and imagination.

Anyway.....I was thinking about what will happen when Jaime gets to Lady Stoneheart.I don't think that she will show him any mercy,there will be no trial,no chance at combat ,no explanations nothing that can sway her.I think she will make Jaime suffer for his crimes (possibly torture him).I think that Jaime will be chained to a weirwood tree,he will be given no food or water.Jaime will be starving, dehydrated and freezing (it is winter now) and he will start to halucinate, having visions of all his past misdeads.Of course the worse being what he did to Bran (his one truely selfish act).What if in the throws of these visions,Jaime has a complete mental breakdown,a cleansing or catharsis of sorts.Bran will then come speak to him through the tree (I'm not saying he'll forgive him,but will council him to be a better man like he did with Theon.)

When Lady Stoneheart hears Brans voice,he'll speak directly to Catelyn.He'll tell her that he and Rickon are alive (I also believe that Bran will know that Arya and Sansa are also alive).He'll tell Catelyn that vegeance will not bring Robb back or help her other children,but maybe releasing Jaime and Brienne could.I think that once Lady Stoneheart's need for revenge is satisfied,she would cease to exist and Lady Catelyn will finally be able to "rest in peace".

What does anyone else think of this?

I'm not really a spirital or religious person,but these themes are already present in this series so I think it can be done in a really interesting way.

I think there are weirwoods in the riverlands, the place where lame lothar goes to get the frey boy (i've forgotten his name) anyway its an interesting theory because I'd like Bran to communicate somehow with the other characters, but there are so many cliffhangers and the end of DWTD and my mind keeps racing from on to the next, I think Illyn Payne will somehow help Jaime.......I dont know how but me thinks thats gonna happen

Forgive me but I can't remember now if Catelyn ever found out for sure that Jamie was the one who shoved Bran off the window. Did she? If so, then I doubt Stoneheart will give Jamie an iota of chance. She'll hang him. That's why I suppose that, for Jamie to live, Brienne will probably have to betray her sword allegiance to Stoneheart or at least interpret it freely in some way that allows her to plot against letting Jamie be executed. Alternatively, Brienne could just let him die and reconcile with that fact over her having saved Pod. Next thing for her would be helping Sansa and then she'll be free to die as is probably her wont in this series.

I could see Bran somehow intervening in the UnCat/Jaime/Brienne situation, but I don't think he would just tell Catelyn to forgive. Bran's not in a particularly forgiving state of mind himself right now. But maybe he has a job for Jaime?

Would be kind of ironical if Bran ended up somehow saving the two guys who wronged him most - Theon and Jaime - because he planned to instrumentalize them in some way. I do think that's there's something interesting in the caves of Casterly Rock, the COTF might be aware of. Jaime could still have his uses. Killing him now might be a waste of resources. Maybe Bran can convince Lady Stoneheart to postpone her revenge.

IMO Jaime has already received a message via the weirwood trees in the dream he had when he slept among the weirwood stumps. That was the dream he had of Brienne and himself in the crypts of Casterly Rock which made him go back to Harrenhal and rescue her.

I think that dream foreshadowed Jaime's death and indicated that Cersei would die before he did.

I don't believe he's going to be killed immediately by Lady Stoneheart although I have no idea why she'd keep him alive. I just can't see him end his story hanging from some tree in the Riverlands any time soon.

IMO Jaime has already received a message via the weirwood trees in the dream he had when he slept among the weirwood stumps. That was the dream he had of Brienne and himself in the crypts of Casterly Rock which made him go back to Harrenhal and rescue her.

I think that dream foreshadowed Jaime's death and indicated that Cersei would die before he did.

It might also forshadow a return to Casterly Rock. "They flames will burn as long as you live.... when they die so must you" - sounds a bit like Red Priest Magic to me. Hence UnJaime. UnCat could have him killed, get some communication from Bran that Jaime might still be needed and has him resurrected.

UnCat only knows that Jamie is a Lannister and therefore was involved in Robb's death - she has no idea, as far as we know, that Jamie is responsible for Bran's crippled state.

I think she'll have little mercy for Jamie, but maybe Brienne will protect him. She's all about honor though, not learning Ned's mistakes. She's sworn an oath to Cat, and sees UnCat as the same person. UnCat is super crazy and just seeing the sword Brienne has sends her into a rage about being a traitor, if I remember correctly. Maybe this lack of sanity will make Brienne change her mind about honor.

I wonder if two of the three of them will be almost killed, including UnCat, and then if she'll have some sort of sympathy/revalation (via Bran?) and pass along to the other (Jamie or Brienne) the Undead-ness.

UnCat only knows that Jamie is a Lannister and therefore was involved in Robb's death - she has no idea, as far as we know, that Jamie is responsible for Bran's crippled state.

Wrong.

"Jaime drank some more wine. “Ask your next.”

Catelyn wondered if he would dare answer her next question with anything but a lie. “How did my son Bran come to fall?”

“I flung him from a window.”

Wrong.

"Jaime drank some more wine. “Ask your next.”

Catelyn wondered if he would dare answer her next question with anything but a lie. “How did my son Bran come to fall?”

“I flung him from a window.”

Thank you, I completely forgot. That changes things then - I agree with someone above who suggested UnCat would torture Jamie. She'd probably find that fitting for taking away her son's ability to walk for the rest of his life. I'd hate to be Brienne trying to step in the middle of that one, though.

There is weirwood in the cave in the hollow hill which is the Brotherhood's headquarters. It's very clear in the description when Arya first goes there - there are roots all throughout the cave I think, one even forms a little area where a man can sit. There are also weirwood stumps all around the hill where the odd dwarf woman lives. I am not sure whether there is weirwood at Oldstones, which is (I think) where they hung Merritt Frey.

I think it is quite possible that Bran will play a role in the resolution of the Jaime/Brienne storyline; my big doubt about that is that since it is even more clear that he will involve himself in the Theon storyline, it seems a little redundant to have him insert himself into Jaime/Brienne's too. Also, while Theon's fate is deeply connected to his storyline with Bran/Rickon, Jaime's storyline has been connected to Sansa/Arya's, not Bran's.

I've said elsewhere that I think what may prove to be significant is that Brienne told him Sansa was being held by the Hound (almost certainly a lie), and the BWB is in possession of the Hound's helm, and we've already seen one of them wearing it. Although I agree that UnCat has every reason to hang Jaime and very little motivation to give him a trial, a chance to explain himself, or anything like that, I think it's possible nonetheless that the BWB has a test planned for him, to see whether he really does have good intentions toward Sansa. That test will probably involve Lem Lemoncloak pretending to be the Hound.

don't you know Lannisters lie :P

every character death is growth for another character, like dany could never have become the mother of dragons if rheagar, viserys and drogo were alive, similarly if robb and ned hadn't died jon snow would never have become that important and Cat wouldnt have become Lady Stoneheart, whose character growth does jaime's death contribute to? he hasn't told his childern Myrcella and Tomen that he is there father, i think his weirwood dream also implies the death of lannisters as a powerful family, as rhaegar's death symbolized the end of the targaryens, tywin lannister speaks of his daughter's death and says, "as if rhaegar could still protect her" its interesting that now Jaime also has a young son and daughter left like rhaegar, I dont think he'll die here no one knows except Breinne why he killed Aerys and how he hunted down the pyromancers

I believe Bran will make Lady Stoneheart realize who she is or was I dont think he's like to forgive Jaime for making him a cripple his legs are what he mourns for the most, thats why he uses hodor even though I think he knows its wrong besides he's only 9

There is weirwood in the cave in the hollow hill which is the Brotherhood's headquarters. It's very clear in the description when Arya first goes there - there are roots all throughout the cave I think, one even forms a little area where a man can sit. There are also weirwood stumps all around the hill where the odd dwarf woman lives. I am not sure whether there is weirwood at Oldstones, which is (I think) where they hung Merritt Frey.

I think it is quite possible that Bran will play a role in the resolution of the Jaime/Brienne storyline; my big doubt about that is that since it is even more clear that he will involve himself in the Theon storyline, it seems a little redundant to have him insert himself into Jaime/Brienne's too. Also, while Theon's fate is deeply connected to his storyline with Bran/Rickon, Jaime's storyline has been connected to Sansa/Arya's, not Bran's.

I've said elsewhere that I think what may prove to be significant is that Brienne told him Sansa was being held by the Hound (almost certainly a lie), and the BWB is in possession of the Hound's helm, and we've already seen one of them wearing it. Although I agree that UnCat has every reason to hang Jaime and very little motivation to give him a trial, a chance to explain himself, or anything like that, I think it's possible nonetheless that the BWB has a test planned for him, to see whether he really does have good intentions toward Sansa. That test will probably involve Lem Lemoncloak pretending to be the Hound.

Well Bran's storyline was bascially kicked off by Jaime ....

Yes, there would be a bit of redundance with Theon, but Martin sometimes seems to like that ... just look at all the zombies and secret Targs running round,

I really like the "Jaime tested by Lem disguised as the Hound"-theory, though! Maybe Brienne could talk some sense into UnCat after all and get her to give Jaime at least a chance?

Or maybe the real Hound appears on the scene, alerted by the Elder Brother, who was with Brienne when she got captured (wasn't he?), rescues Jaime and teams up with him and Brienne to look for Sansa?

There are a couple of scenarios in which Jaime could survive without Bran's intervention.

Septon Meribald was with Brienne, not the Elder Brother, but I would hope he would try to do SOMETHING to help his traveling companions, since he was released to go on his way, and is presumably well-aware that they are in danger. Jaime and the Hound would be the best buddy cop movie ever, and they are connected by Bran's dream all the way back during his coma in A Game of Thrones, which also connected them to Sansa.

That is a good point about the window incident; it's sort of like the Brienne/Renly/Stannis thing, where I tend to forget about it because it's almost superseded by more recent events, but that doesn't mean it can't come back. Another thing that does hint toward Bran potentially playing a role is that original Russian draft chapter of Brienne's last AFFC scene, in which the noose/sword thing did not play a role and Pod was not present; instead a number of ravens came as she was being hung...since I don't think she was going to die then either, at least I hope not, presumably, it seemed like there was some significance to the presence of the ravens that had the potential to save her, and perhaps a connection to Bran, who is learning to control ravens. It's sort of tenuous though.

I think that Stoneheart will kill Jaime right away. I also don't think that she knows for sure that he was the one to push Bran out of the window but thinks he's involved in Robbs. Right before Bolton stabs Robb in the heart he says Jaime Lannister sends his regards. So she thinks he's behind it

I actually don't see the similarities between Theon and Jamie as redundant but more of Theon being the appitizer and Jaime being the main course.Or you could say that Bran's interaction with Theon was just the opening act or foreshadows the headliner that is Jaime's storyline .

I actually don't see the similarities between Theon and Jamie as redundant but more of Theon being the appitizer and Jaime being the main course.Or you could say that Bran's interaction with Theon was just the opening act or foreshadows the headliner that is Jaime's storyline .

Interesting... it does make sense that Jaime, who at least appears to be trying to change to some extent to most people, will eventually have to confront the victim of his most unambiguously evil deed.

Archived