game of thrones UK slipcase - what to do?

noproblem

Good morning,

While surfing Amazon UK I noticed this nice looking edition, however the first book wasn't available. Immediately I abandoned the hope to do the full set collection.

A couple of days ago I was on a local shop which is also a bookstore and I reminded (not hopeful) to ask the clerk if they had any of these left.... they had 2 copies in other locations!!!

So immediately I ordered both and now they are here. Both still in shrink.

I'm planning to keep one and sell the other.

Since I'm not really aware of OOP book values I ask for your advice:

- how much is this edition worth still in shrink? (to my surprise, I've seen a couple of them go on ebay for 200£ + shipping)

- Is the value expected to rise with time? Or if somebody publishes a nicer edition down the line the values goes immediately down?

- Is it also expected that the other books in the series will eventually become OOP also? In other words, if I want to do the full collection should I get them as soon as possible?

- have you sold this type of item on ebay? Is it risky? I've heard a couple of horror stories regarding payments that were later withdrawn by the buyers and the seller in the end gets no money and loses the item. Any advice?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I bought the whole set from amazon about 4-5 months ago and they were all in stock, all around £25. So it looks to me like Book 1 will probably be back eventually, and therefore won't increase in price I wouldn't have thought.

They initially released this set before Dance came out, and then added the aDwD slipcase to the set, I imagine they printed more of the others to go along with it........I'm not sure though. If that is the case, then they'll do the same when Winds and Dream are released (assuming they make them, which obviously I'm praying they do!) so I can't imagine these will increase in price till after the series is finished.

• 1 month later...

I only just completed my set last week. It took some looking around on various online bookstores, but i was able to get all volumes at a reasonable price. There are some crazy high prices on Ebay and Amazon marketplace, but if you look around you will still find them at close to original cost and i imagine that will be the case for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a couple on amazon for £33:

http://www.amazon.co...428/ref=aw_d_ol

Wow how the winds change in world of ASOIAF collecting. The AGOT slipcase version is now being listed on amazon at £495.00.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Ice-Fire-Game-Thrones/dp/0007441428/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1354050582&sr=1-1-catcorr

Wow how the winds change in world of ASOIAF collecting. The AGOT slipcase version is now being listed on amazon at £495.00.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Ice-Fire-Game-Thrones/dp/0007441428/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1354050582&sr=1-1-catcorr

Blimey! Well......I guess check in with amazon regularly, as there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they're expensive and when they're not.

Next time GRRM comes to the UK, mine's getting siiiiiiiiiiigned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived