Characters that you didn't think would last this long

Tywin Smiled

:dunno: I must've missed it then since I've been under the impression that he's still alive and kicking.....would be nice if it's true though.

No offense to Daario fans.

Daario fans? Who are these peoples you speak of?

I started watching with the series, and I was convinced that Bronn would die. Sure, he's smart, but he's a soldier, and the soldier characters tend to die frequently. Sort of anticipated a similar situation as with Jory. And by naming his kid Tyrion, he seems to actually be seeking death. Pretty surprised that he's still alive.

Also, almost every 2nd Tyrion chapter seems to end with him about to die. Blackwater, when Gregor killed Oberyn, when he starts to drown in the Rhoyne. With that being said, it would have made no sense for Tyrion to drown.

Stannis, Stannis, Stannis -- I thought for sure he'd ride out to face the Others with his fake-ass sword and get himself frozen and wightified in ADWD, but he's still hanging in there . . . maybe.

Melisandre -- probably because I don't like her.

Mace Tyrell, but I don't expect him to live long into TWOW.

Damphair -- probably because I don't like him, but opposing Euron does not seem to be a particularly healthy pass time

I think the thing with characters like Sweetrobin and Samwell is that they seem like they need to die, which would prohibit GRRM from killing them. I think that Sweetrobin just won't die, which makes Littlefinger try to assassinate him, which exposes Littlefinger. Samwell looks like he still has some integral plot device to carry out. I'm pretty amazed that Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei have survived this long, as well as Ramsay Bolton. I really thought that he was going to be killed by Roose. I think Ramsay will die soon anyway.

I think the thing with characters like Sweetrobin and Samwell is that they seem like they need to die, which would prohibit GRRM from killing them. I think that Sweetrobin just won't die, which makes Littlefinger try to assassinate him, which exposes Littlefinger. Samwell looks like he still has some integral plot device to carry out. I'm pretty amazed that Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei have survived this long, as well as Ramsay Bolton. I really thought that he was going to be killed by Roose. I think Ramsay will die soon anyway.

Ramsay is useful to Roose because he can solidify the Bolton claim to Winterfell by marrying "Arya" and producing a male Bolton heir. IMO, this is the same thing that the Lannisters were trying to do by marrying Tyrion to Sansa, and the Freys by marrying Roslin to Edmure (the Freys also get a perfect hostage with the last Tully heir). In the case of the eventual Bolton heir, though, Roose would kill both Ramsay (to get rid of the nutter) and Arya, instead of just one or the other.* I don't believe for one second that Roose really wants Ramsay around.

When I say "would" of course I mean "it is fair to extrapolate from what we know about Roose's behavior and Westeros' family politics to assume that a possible plotline would be . . ."

No?

They're flinging plague corpses in biological warfare, not the hostages.

Do You have a reference? I will go back and look but There is no reason Daario cant be one of the corpses. I presume all the hostages have been flung back as a declaration of war and that is why it was sold as a game changer in the plot. IIRC.

No?

They're flinging plague corpses in biological warfare, not the hostages.

Hmm you might be right. For one thing, 6 trebuchets went off and by my count there are only 3 hostages. Further, although they refused Barristan's offer they did say they would ransom the prisoners for dragons - 3 for 3? And perhaps they are referring to the death of the dragons. Still looks perilous for the hostages but perhaps they will survive

Hmm you might be right. For one thing, 6 trebuchets went off and by my count there are only 3 hostages. Further, although they refused Barristan's offer they did say they would ransom the prisoners for dragons - 3 for 3? And perhaps they are referring to the death of the dragons. Still looks perilous for the hostages but perhaps they will survive

Even now the hostages are valuable enough to be some kind of leverage for the Yunkish, I don't know if even the Yunkish believe them to be valuable enough for the lives of the dragons though

Archived