Unseen characters that you find intriguing

Danelle

Some characters appear in almost every book, like Arya and Tyrion.

Others appear briefly like Benjen or Mance Ryder.And there are some characters that are only mentioned, either they are dead or have vanished. Do you find then interesting, do you wish you could read their pov's and why?

Personally I wish I could learn more about the following:

1. Joanna Lannister. The woman who made Tywin smile
  2. Lyanna Stark: So beautifull she started a war but also brave.
  3. Sir Arthur Dayne: Because he was Rhaegar's friend and who could have slain Loras Tyrell and the white knights with his left hand while he was taking a piss with his right.
  4. Rhaella Targaryen: Because she was Aerys' sister and wife and mother to Rheagar, Dany and Viserys
  5. Rossart: I would love to read about Robert's rebellion from his pov.
  6. Gerion Lannister: what would it feel like growing up with Tywin as your older brother
  7. Brandon Stark:How he felt about Cat, must be interesting to read about Ned's hot tempred older brother.
  8. Sir Willem Darry: His devotion to the Targaryens even after their fall is really touching
  9. Steffon Baratheon: First cousin to Aerys, half Targaryen, father to Robert, Stannis and Renly, do I need to say more?
  10. Howland Reed:He is not dead, neither has vanished but so far five bookss have been published and he hasn't appeared yet. Definately the most intriguing character in my opinion, also the only surviving member of the Tower of Joy.

This one doesn't play much of a role in the story, but I'm curious about what would have happened to House Bolton if Domeric hadn't been murdered by Ramsay. Granted, we only get Roose's view of the boy, but the description we get of Domeric sounds a lot like Rhaegar: he plays the harp, he's possibly the best horseman in the North, and he seems gentle and charismatic. Roose is not typically the type of person who seems sentimental, so I think his word is pretty trustworthy here.

Like Rhaegar, Domeric is an example of unfulfilled potential. The future of House Bolton might have been very different if he'd survived.

I know he is mentioned quite a lot and even though it is chronologically illogical, I'd love to see a POV chapter from the Mad King. I think it was excellent that GRRM made Cersei a POV as we see situations and motives from her point of view. I'd have loved to have read the Mad King's thought process and what went through his head...

I guess it is similar with a lot of the 'evil' characters... It'd be nice to see their motives, whether they are proud of their actions and whether they actually show remorse, in any way...

I'm very fascinated by Gerion's story but I'm not sure we'll ever find out what happened to him.

Other than that I'm just anxious to see Highgarden and meet Willas Tyrell.

Especially after the Tyrells said "thanks, but no thanks" to Cersei.

I'm definitely interested to meet Willas Tyrell, in part because I think the expectations of him on the part of a lot of readers are totally insane, so I'm curious to see how close or far he is to them.

I am DYING DYING DYING to meet the Evenstar of Tarth. It's not only (although it's definitely in part) because of my utter love for Brienne. I also find there to be some interesting contradictions in how he is described - everyone seems to call him "a good man," and I'm sure he is - at the same time, there are aspects of his description which don't go with sort of the stereotype of the type of guy who is singled out as a good man. I'm just really curious about him.

Howland Reed is sort of a goes without saying sort of thing, just because he knows so much.

I would like to see Gerion, just because I need a Lannister from that generation to show up - I don't think Cercei, Jaime, or Tyrion or ready to lead just yet...

I'm a bit curious about Harry the Heir - I expect a total raging douchebag, so it would be interesting if he was actually a reasonably pleasant guy.

I've always wanted a POV of Bear island , we've seen bits and pieces of the family scattered across Westeros and more. It's a real pity we never see them interacting with each other and some of them are killed off rather painfully ( See Dacey Mormont )

Howland Reed as mentioned before , hopefully we get more of Greywater Watch in the forthcoming novels.

It's Gerion Lannister for me too. He seems funny. Also, I would have liked to see Hoster Tully at full force, Steffon Baratheon, Brandon Stark. And the interaction between Tywin and his father Tytos seems worthy of attention.

Arthur Dayne and Howland Reed go without saying. They're my two favorite unseen characters so far, and I'd love to learn more about them. Howland, you better show up soon dude.

Any of the older Lannisters. The most interesting would be Gerion, but I'd also like to know some more about Tygett. I also wish Kevan was still alive. :frown5:

I also want to hear more about Willas, and Highgarden in general. And also Lord Leyton Hightower.

I'd love to know more about Elia Martell. I have a feeling that her personality is very different to the innocent, tragic angel that she sometimes gets painted as. She enjoyed a good dirty joke, and was friends with party girl Ashara Dayne, so I have to wonder if she was a great deal more fun than we think.

I'd love to know more about Elia Martell. I have a feeling that her personality is very different to the innocent, tragic angel that she sometimes gets painted as. She enjoyed a good dirty joke, and was friends with party girl Ashara Dayne, so I have to wonder if she was a great deal more fun than we think.

I wouldn't be surprised if she and lyanna were friends

maelys should also be mentionend

Rhaegar intriges me alot and all the unseen Lannisters; Tytos, Gerion, Tyget and Joanna are persons I would like to know more about. And you can probably add the Darrys and Arryns to that list as well. Shame that two such important Houses in the backstory are on the verge of extinction, or have been extinct, in the series.

I would love to see most of the ones mentioned by the original poster (Danelle), but I also would love to see Melario of Norvos, Arianne's mother, I NEED to meet Mallora Hightower, the Mad Maid of Oldtown, and I certainly second your call for a glimpse of Queen Rhaella.

I also long with all my heart to meet the Wolf-Women of Winterfell (or, as GRRM has taken to calling them less alliteratively and appealingly, the ahem, 'She-Wolves of Winterfell.') and would really like a view on the massively factionalized court of Daeron II, Daeron the Good, which basically was the sparring grounds betwen the Targaryens and the first Blackfyre, Daemon.

Weird little barely mentioned characters also picque my interest: Wenda the White Fawn, Black Robin, the Smling Knight etc. I guess I have a thing for outlaws. I also would love to know more about Mad Danelle Lothston, the Lady of Harrenhal with her "streaming red hair and suit of ebon plate that fits her like a gauntlet." Basically, any time a woman is awarded the sobriquet 'mad' that just makes me want to like her more.

Archived