Unseen characters that you find intriguing

Danelle

I know he is mentioned quite a lot and even though it is chronologically illogical, I'd love to see a POV chapter from the Mad King. I think it was excellent that GRRM made Cersei a POV as we see situations and motives from her point of view. I'd have loved to have read the Mad King's thought process and what went through his head...

I guess it is similar with a lot of the 'evil' characters... It'd be nice to see their motives, whether they are proud of their actions and whether they actually show remorse, in any way...

The Defiance at Duskendale messed up Aerys the II he was all right until he was captured and tortured by one of his bannermen. That would change ANYONE.

Momma Lannister, Tywin's wife and the mother of the three Lannister children.

Aegon the Conqueror he started all this mess conquering Six of the Seven Kingdoms

Jon Arryn, I would like to see he how felt about the job of being Hand of the King and marrying a soiled Tully

The First Faceless Man, it would be good to see who he or she was and why they did it.

Balerion the Black Dread, hey animals can talk in other fantasy why not this one?

i would of enjoyed reading some of the events from kings landing from the hounds pov it would have been more interesting than sansa during the time period from got through cok. Also joffrey just to see what goes through his head to make him such a *%(). I would say melisandre but we got a small taste of her and thats all we could hope for i guess. Aside from that are benjen whatever hes doing. Robb would have been a nice pov to see some of his thought process. Maybe even a bit of viserys.

Joy Hill comes to mind. I wonder what the life of a Lannister bastard is like. Her father is long gone, her mother probably isn't allowed to see her. How do the other members of her family regard her? She lives at the Rock and she should be well provided once she marries, but she's not their equal. I just can't picture her communicating with pompous Lannisters, although not all of them probably are like Tywin and Cersei.

This one doesn't play much of a role in the story, but I'm curious about what would have happened to House Bolton if Domeric hadn't been murdered by Ramsay. Granted, we only get Roose's view of the boy, but the description we get of Domeric sounds a lot like Rhaegar: he plays the harp, he's possibly the best horseman in the North, and he seems gentle and charismatic. Roose is not typically the type of person who seems sentimental, so I think his word is pretty trustworthy here.

Like Rhaegar, Domeric is an example of unfulfilled potential. The future of House Bolton might have been very different if he'd survived.

I had almost forgot about Domeric, so far the House of Bolton has proved that men in pink are dangerous and sick. It would be nice if we found more about the white sheep of the family.

Rhaegar intriges me alot and all the unseen Lannisters; Tytos, Gerion, Tyget and Joanna are persons I would like to know more about. And you can probably add the Darrys and Arryns to that list as well. Shame that two such important Houses in the backstory are on the verge of extinction, or have been extinct, in the series.

I love the phrase "the unseen Lannisters", reminds me of the dead Kennedys.

I like that many posters mentioned Brienne's father. He, like Tywin, is rich, respected and has a freak child, for westerosi standards. Unlike Tywin, he loves his daughter and allows her to follow the life she wants instead of forcing her into marrying a silly lord.

So far Joanna Lannister and Howland Reed are most often mentioned as intriguing unseen characters. Joanna of course is dead but she is intriguing, she gave birth to three of the main characters and made Tywin smile, that is an accomplishment. Also many readers claim that either the twins or Tyrion were fathered by Aerys. A Joanna pov would tell us a lot, from Aerys' decline to insanity to the beginning of Jaime and Cersei's incestuous relationship.

I wouldn't like an Aerys pov, I already read Cersei's and I suspect that they are going to be eerily similar.

Hoster Tully appears briefly but he seems interesting as well.

Howland Reed. Possibly the most mysterious character in the series, with the possible exception of the knight of the laughing tree, unless they are the same person....

We know very little about the crannogmen and even less about Howland but as the sole survivor of the Tower of Joy he probably has a tale to tell.I will be disappointing if he doesn't appear in he upcoming books.

Has anyone ever wanted to find more about Moon Boy and Sir Ilyn Payne? The fool is hinted to be more clever than he seems and I would definately like to know what Payne thinks or hears.

Joy Hill comes to mind. I wonder what the life of a Lannister bastard is like. Her father is long gone, her mother probably isn't allowed to see her. How do the other members of her family regard her? She lives at the Rock and she should be well provided once she marries, but she's not their equal. I just can't picture her communicating with pompous Lannisters, although not all of them probably are like Tywin and Cersei.

Yes, I too think that Joy is interesting. Cersei looks down at Jon Snow and Ellaria Sand but her first cousin is a bastard. Jaime seems fond of her and tells Sybel Spicer that he doesn't want Joy to marry the son of a turncloak bitch. According to Jaime she is a sweet but lonely child. I think her mother is dead. Poor girl, a bastard and a Lannister, must be tough

I don't know why people go for choices like Rhaegar & Lyanna. What I find most fascinating about those characters is the mystique surrounding them, as we only have second-hand info to rely on. That's why I never want to see any sort of Robert's Rebellion prequel (either novel or show-wise), because some things are very much better left to the imagination. And let's face it, these theories and speculation account for about 95% of the ASOIAF community.

Archived