Unseen characters that you find intriguing

Danelle

This one doesn't play much of a role in the story, but I'm curious about what would have happened to House Bolton if Domeric hadn't been murdered by Ramsay. Granted, we only get Roose's view of the boy, but the description we get of Domeric sounds a lot like Rhaegar: he plays the harp, he's possibly the best horseman in the North, and he seems gentle and charismatic. Roose is not typically the type of person who seems sentimental, so I think his word is pretty trustworthy here.

Like Rhaegar, Domeric is an example of unfulfilled potential. The future of House Bolton might have been very different if he'd survived.

Part of me thinks Domeric isn't Roose's!

I guess I'm alone in this. I don't find any unseen characters particularly itriguing. I haven't met them so don't care. Once they actually appear on the page, I might change my mind. But, can't bring myself to want to meet anyone or find out more of their back story.

-Howland Reed

-Tygett and Gerion Lannister

-Although we've technically seen one of them, Hoster Tully and Jon Arryn intrigue me a bit.

That's really about it. I must be one of the only ones that doesn't find the Daynes interesting at all.

1. Sir Arthur Dayne: Because he was Rhaegar's friend and who could have slain Loras Tyrell and the white knights with his left hand while he was taking a piss with his right.

isn't it said that Ned Stark defeated him in single combat?

isn't it said that Ned Stark defeated [Arthur Dayne] in single combat?

We don't know the details of what happened when Dayne kicked the bucket. Ned had six guys with him, Arthur had two. Something something happened and then Ned and Howland Reed were the only two left alive.

As for the topic, guess which unseen character I find really intriguing... :ph34r:

(Also Willas Tyrell and the Hightowers, particularly Leyton and Malora.)

Archived