When/if Ice (Jon) meets Fire (Dany)

SimonSez

If Jon meets Dany at some point, and both are cognizant of who the other is, but are still not aware of even the possibility that they are family, what would happen?

Could it be kind of like what Tyrion suggested to Aegon about calling his banners in Dorne and the 2 of them meeting (and falling for each other) as man and woman, or would they both try to cause the other harm for the crimes the Starks and Targ families had done to each other? Thoughts?

I don't know that they'd like each other all that much honestly.

Jon doesn't seem Daenerys type; he's quiet and reserved like Ned. So far Daenerys has gone for extroverted and flamboyant men like Drogo and Daario.

Conversely, I don't think a Northerner like Jon would think much of the pomp that surrounds Daenerys' and her court.

I've said before in other thread, but I'm convinced that Jon and Dany are destined to fight over the control of Westeros. Jon unites the North, Dany controls the South. Then they fight each other. As far Dany is concerned Jon is fake Targ, making up tales to claim the throne, while Jon is fighting for the honor of Starks House. So in my view, only time they meet is on the battlefield.

Jon doesn't seem Daenerys type; he's quiet and reserved like Ned. So far Daenerys has gone for extroverted and flamboyant men like Drogo and Daario.

Conversely, I don't think a Northerner like Jon would think much of the pomp that surrounds Daenerys' and her court.

I think this is pretty much it exactly. Jon isn't flamboyant or a big enough of a violent alpha brah for Dany's tastes, and I don't see Jon having much tolerance for Dany's "I'm blood of the dragon, phwroar!" nonsense or her mile-long list of stylings.

I agree. She's be put off by the wolf's head on his pommel (it isn't even a naked wolf), and her string of titles would mark her as a Southron fool in his opinion.

Maybe she could win him over by fig-nibbling. They do have a shortage of food on the Wall after all.

I believe that Jon was truly in love with Ygritte and could have been very happy had the circumstances been different. Dany strikes me as about as different from Ygritte as one could get, which leads me to believe that he might not be into her so much. That said, maybe someone like Jon could knock some sense into her. She has good intentions, but Dany has been making some piss poor choices lately, let's be honest. She just seems a little out of her element. Jon could be a nice foil for that.

I believe Dany's suiter/lover/husband experiences have softened her up. She married Hizdar because she thought it was the right thing for her people despite the fact she didn't care for him. She denied Dario because he offered nothing to her people despite the fact she did care for him.

Jon would be right in the middle. Presuming she knows he's a Targ and he holds some other special value (like being AA) she will be able to feel enough stirring in her loins to get with him.

From Jon's PoV, on the other hand, most of it depends on how he reacts to learning he is a Targ. If he is banished from the NW the vows won't be an issue. If Samwell is behind him telling him he needs to marry this chick to save the realm, I think he might find the courage to stick it in her and do his duty of riding a dragon and ruling the kingdom even if she doesn't make his heart pound like Ygritte did.

Perhaps if he were to stroke it obscenely with a creepy grin. I bet that would work.

Ha, ha, nice.

I can see them at least cooperating in some way. By the time they meet/if they meet, I think there won't be time for fighting each other.

Not sure how I feel about any potential romantic entanglements.

I've said it more than once and I'll say it again: Jon is Ice and Fire in one (Yes, I believe R+L=J). No need for Daenerys there, thank the gods.

Plus, I don't think they will cooperate at all. Frankly, I don't even see Jon rallying the North, and her rallying the South anywhere in the near future.

There is but one fight and that's the fight of life or death. The fight with the Others.

Quite honestly, I bet Dany falls for Jon almost immediately. He is completely different from any suitor she has had before and I would bet that he is completely uninterested in cultivating a relationship at first. Jon is much like Ned in this respect, he will be bound by honor.

After a short time, Jon's badassery will pull Dany in i fink. As far as the two ever getting married...I doubt it. I think she will die. I am very much looking forward to their meeting though. It seems destined to happen.

it would be awesome if jon and dany got married

Honestly...are they even each others type? All character fanship allegiances taken aside, Dany has been proven to have like, the absolute worst taste in men of possibly any female character in the entire series by being obsessed with Daario. Jon is nothing like Daario, who is apparently Danys ideal man - he's honorable, he's smart, he's honest, he's not a complete douchebag - he really couldn't be much more different from that.

As for Jon...I'm pushin for him to hook up with Val because she's awesome. And a part of me still hopes Meera Reed will show up coming out of the COTF cave near the wall, and her and Jon hook up - just think of the whole new layer that'd add to Jons inevitable Howland meeting. Both of those women are much more Jons type than Dany is. And those are just two semi realistic possibilities...theres plenty of female characters Id rather see Jon with than Dany.

Archived