When/if Ice (Jon) meets Fire (Dany)

SimonSez

I don't know why people have to debate the merits of romance between these two. The fact is, love has generally not been factored into the equation when the highborn wed. Especially for someone like Dany. She has a claim, and if Aegon is fake and R+L=J, then he has the closest contestable claim. So they marry to ensure a peace that'll last a couple of generations down the line. He will hate it but duty calls. Cat hated moving north initially as well. She will find him suitably full of honour, acceptably handsome but dour and that will intrigue her, initially. He comes with Arya, and Sansa and Bran, so he won't be boring. And with dragons they can quickly fly to Winterfell if he becomes too miserable.

I just brought this up on Melisandre apparent 'fake' appreciation thread...But it looks like my girl Mel isn't aloud to get any love.

I think the real Ice and Fire story isn't really Dany and Jon, but R'hllor and The Other's God. So what will happen when they meet?? Only God knows... but which God I couldn't tell you. Not the Drowned God that's for damn sure.

Hello out there,

this is my first post, so please be easy on me (as well on my grammar and spelling as English is not my native language).

I do disagree with the most postings here. Are Dany and Jon really so different? They have a lot in common:

• caring for weaker beings
  • knowing what responsibility is at very young an age
  • having had to grow up quite quick
  • having chosen duty over personal happiness
  • feeling connected to a special animal
  • being brought up in uncertain circumstances

From the goings with Yrgitte we know that Jon feels drawn towards women with a temper. And Dany has certainly enough temper. Mind, she is just getting mature, getting to know herself. Drogo was the first step on that ladder, and Daario will teach her another lesson. Could be that she will appreciate Jons quiet and thoughtful manner. And Jon would not go all white like Quentyn when face to face with the dragons (I think when Dany noticed Quentyns reaction in the "cellar" she lost all interest as a partner in him).

I cannot believe George would not have them meet. They are Ice and Fire.

Hello out there,

this is my first post, so please be easy on me (as well on my grammar and spelling as English is not my native language).

I do disagree with the most postings here. Are Dany and Jon really so different? They have a lot in common:

• caring for weaker beings
  • knowing what responsibility is at very young an age
  • having had to grow up quite quick
  • having chosen duty over personal happiness
  • feeling connected to a special animal
  • being brought up in uncertain circumstances

From the goings with Yrgitte we know that Jon feels drawn towards women with a temper. And Dany has certainly enough temper. Mind, she is just getting mature, getting to know herself. Drogo was the first step on that ladder, and Daario will teach her another lesson. Could be that she will appreciate Jons quiet and thoughtful manner. And Jon would not go all white like Quentyn when face to face with the dragons (I think when Dany noticed Quentyns reaction in the "cellar" she lost all interest as a partner in him).

I cannot believe George would not have them meet. They are Ice and Fire.

Caring for weaker beings, indeed, except that Daenerys just watched how her brother was killed, to see if he was a dragon or not. And Daenerys hasn't personal happiness? Daario, anyone? Jon also had personal happiness, his relationship with Ygritte for example. You could replace Jon with Sansa there just as easily actually. Only the second point would be a bit weird, plus that Sansa not only cares for the weaker beings, but is compassionate in general.

and Jon is Ice and Fire in one. That too. (:

Archived