Unanswered Questions?

overcomebyfumes

Guest Other-in-law
Only (a) that happened before Stannis had his vision, and (B) it was on a ringfort in the snow, wasn't it? Or surrounded by swords, or something like that, I'm pretty sure. I think he might even have seen himself on the Fist of the First Men.

(a) So what? Dany had a vision of Aerys planning to reduce KL to ashes long after it happened. Sometimes past events can be revelations, too.

(B) Nope. The burning king was a separate vision (and in a different chapter entirely) from the ring of torches in the snow, which did not include Stannis either.

I guess it depends on how you percieve the text. I took it to mean Stannis was having a vision of himself, because of the mention of the crown of "Fire". If it had been a vision of Viserys I would have expected the wording to be a crown of "Gold" because that is how it was refered too all other times that I recall. It could be either or neither, I guess only time will tell. I also took the ring of torches to be the NW battle on the fist.

• 5 weeks later...
...things that we know that we don't know...Where is Tyrek Lannister and why is he important? Did Varys stage the King's Landing riot to kidnap Tyrek and Sansa? Why? - Jamie was musing on this in AFfC. Was he being paranoid and Tyrek is still alive, or is this some kind of bizarre red herring? Why would it matter if Tyrek were still alive? He was only a page, why would Varys want to kidnap him? I don't understand.

*two years later* :P

I'm pretty sure somebody has answered this but, I'm not going through 21 pages. Lol. So here's my theory. Given this: http://www.towerofthehand.com/essays/chris...e_red_keep.html (Read III: Varys's Birds).

Now that you've read that, think about this: Tryek was young, and most likely knew his letters, being a nobleman. So I think Varys abducted him because he needed another "little bird" to spy for him.

Tongue-less is better than dead, I suppose.

Archived