Things I've noticed after a re-read

Altherion

Yes, she's pregnant by Kettleback. And guess who knows. Marge Tyrell! That's right, she knows. She's not stupid, and she has befriended Kettleback, and either he told her they were doing the horizontal dance or she put 2 and 2 together. And Marge knows that if Cersei pops out a dark-haired baby all bets are off for her little King Tommen. What is she to do about this? Well she can't exactly tell Cersei that she knows she is pregnant because Cersei would either scratch her eyes out or do something else completely stupid to let the cat out of the bag. So what does she try to do? She gets moon tea to drug Cersei with. She wants to cause this baby to abort before all hell breaks lose and the Tyrells lose any grip on the iron throne.

Who's with me on this!! Who's against me?!!

Don't get what it has to do with Tommen

He is a King as Robert's son, not Cercei's

Yes, she's pregnant by Kettleback. And guess who knows. Marge Tyrell! That's right, she knows. She's not stupid, and she has befriended Kettleback, and either he told her they were doing the horizontal dance or she put 2 and 2 together. And Marge knows that if Cersei pops out a dark-haired baby all bets are off for her little King Tommen. What is she to do about this? Well she can't exactly tell Cersei that she knows she is pregnant because Cersei would either scratch her eyes out or do something else completely stupid to let the cat out of the bag. So what does she try to do? She gets moon tea to drug Cersei with. She wants to cause this baby to abort before all hell breaks lose and the Tyrells lose any grip on the iron throne.

But as I recall, she's been getting moon tea "regularly" from Pycelle, and the chances are against her having much opportunity to get Cersei to drink it undetected. That part doesn't seem likely...

Don't get what it has to do with Tommen

He is a King as Robert's son, not Cercei's

The idea is that some people might think that Cersei's blondness is dominant enough for her to only have golden-haired baby, despite Robert's strong black hair trait, but if Cersei can produce a dark-haired child for someone else, then she likely would have for Robert - therefore people could decide that Stannis' accusations are right and Tommen is a bastard based on that evidence.

Nothing earthshatteing, bue I really like this transition:

Tyrion watched his father closely. There's something he's not saying. He remembered those important letters Lord Tywin had been writing the night Tyrion had demanded Casterly Rock. What was it he said? Some battles are won with swords and spears, other with quills and ravens... He wondered who the "better option" was, and what price he was demanding.

"Perhaps we ought to move on to the wedding" Ser Kevan said.

Coincidence? I think not.

The idea is that some people might think that Cersei's blondness is dominant enough for her to only have golden-haired baby, despite Robert's strong black hair trait, but if Cersei can produce a dark-haired child for someone else, then she likely would have for Robert - therefore people could decide that Stannis' accusations are right and Tommen is a bastard based on that evidence.

As it is people are doubting who is Tommen's father and are holding Cercei for incestoid bit*h that She is.

Something like that (black haired son) would hardly be enough of evidence to cost Tommen his crown

At least in My opinion

Just a random thought:

Throughout AFFC we meet *lots* of people who claim to have King's blood. Given Mel's little fetish that seems to be a bit too much of a coincidence....

Also, even if R+L=J isn't true Jon *still* has King's blood in his veins: The Starks were kings once after all....

It might be a misspelling or confusion on which gender Rickard Karstark belongs to, or mayhaps Robb chopped off his member before taking his head.

ASOS, a Catelyn chaper, p. 298-299: ""Old gods or new, it makes no matter," Lord Rickard told her son, "no man is so accursed as the kinslayer.""

It might be a misspelling or confusion on which gender Rickard Karstark belongs to, or mayhaps Robb chopped off his member before taking his head.

ASOS, a Catelyn chaper, p. 298-299: ""Old gods or new, it makes no matter," Lord Rickard told her son, "no man is so accursed as the kinslayer.""

The "her" in your quote refers to Catelyn Tully Stark. Rickard is talking to King Robb.

I like it! Cersei is _always_ drinking wine. She is _always_ hanging out with Taena, who is friends with Margaery. Taena has 'proven' her loyalty by betraying the other servant/spy for Margaery. What better way to plant a 'trusted' spy in with Cersei, despite the cost.

It also explains why Pycell cuts off before he tells Cersei what it is being used for! "Yes, but it's for...".

me = :dunce:

:grouphug: If that's the silliest mistake you make on these boards, consider yourself lucky, comrade.

Could She be pregnant ?

This was my second reaction to her weight gain, the first being that she has becoming a fat wino, just as she always accused her husband of being. However, even if she is pregnant, does that definitively damn her? Could the timeline fit her being impregnated with Robert's seed near the end of his life?

I'm loath to find points to defend Cersei, especially since she's absolutely guilty of sticking strange penises into her, but someone who knows the timeline of the last two books better than I should be able to lay out the possibilities...

Once Robert was dead... Would it have been treasonous for Cersei to bang someone else? People around the realm may look upon such a thing with varying degrees of disdain or even horror, but is it something she'd be executed for? There'd be no danger of any potential child from her sleeping around threatening the succession, right?

If she is pregnant, the impact on the plot will be that it isn't Robert's child, thereby confirming Whosit Kettleblack's accusations; however, if you go by Maggy the Frog's prophecy, any pregnancy would have to end in miscarriage or stillbirth.

If she is pregnant, the impact on the plot will be that it isn't Robert's child, thereby confirming Whosit Kettleblack's accusations; however, if you go by Maggy the Frog's prophecy, any pregnancy would have to end in miscarriage or stillbirth.

Or, more gruesomely, in the death of the pregnant mother after Tommen and Myrcella die.

I'm not sure if I buy the traditional reading of that prophecy. However, even if Cersei is both guilty and pregnant, there is real-world medieval precedent where a pregnant women was allowed to carry her child to term and give birth before being executed.

Or, more gruesomely, in the death of the pregnant mother after Tommen and Myrcella die.

I'm not sure if I buy the traditional reading of that prophecy. However, even if Cersei is both guilty and pregnant, there is real-world medieval precedent where a pregnant women was allowed to carry her child to term and give birth before being executed.

As long as the child is not a threat to the throne who would be put to death after birth, anyway. If enough time has passed since Robert's death (and I think this is the case), then the child might not be seen as such a threat.

These are both pretty minor, but I thought they were interesting/ironic.

I'm re-reading A Clash of Kings, for the first time in five years, so these come from that.

In Theon's first POV chapter, on page 130 of the US hardback, Theon thinks, I must remember this...I must never go far from the sea again.

It really would have been better for Theon if he'd listened to that impulse... :lol:

In Jon's second POV chapter, on page 159 of the US hardback, Jon has the following conversation with the Old Bear:

"Is the bird away?" the Old Bear asked.

"Yes, my lord. Sam is teaching them to talk."

The Old Bear snorted. "He'll regret that. Damned things make a lot of noise, but they never say a thing worth hearing."

How wrong Mormont was.

Cersei's thickening waist is a sign of her aging. Your metabolism slows down as you age, and it's not uncommon for even thin, attractive women to put on a few (or more than a few) as they get older. And that's simply something Cersei CANNOT accept. Which is why she blames the dressmaker.

She's almost certainly not pregnant. When Robert got her pregnant, she drank moon tea to cause the child to be aborted. She'd do it again if any of her other lovers managed to impregnate her.

Hi, this is my first post. :)

Not sure it was brought up before, but still...

On the second day of Tyrion's trial for Joff's murder, Grand Maester Pycelle testified that Tyrion had stolen various poisons from him while he was imprisoned. I didn't notice there was a posion named blindeye the first time around....

I think it was what tasted bitter in Arya's warm milk....

AGOT - The chapter where Ned and Robert speak alone, and Robert offers Ned the title of Hand. Robert mentions how, in the North, the kings of old hide under the snow. "Snow, Ned!"

Pretty good evidence that a king might be hiding under the name Snow...

Hi, this is my first post. :)

Not sure it was brought up before, but still...

On the second day of Tyrion's trial for Joff's murder, Grand Maester Pycelle testified that Tyrion had stolen various poisons from him while he was imprisoned. I didn't notice there was a posion named blindeye the first time around....

I think it was what tasted bitter in Arya's warm milk....

Excellent catch, RoC. :)

Archived