A few questions

The Tower of Joy

Hey, I'm new to the forums and I just want to say that these books are the best books ever written :D

My first encounter with George Martins incredible universe was the first season of Game of Thrones when i watched it last summer, and i was hooked after the first episode.

It wasn't until later that i discovered that the series was based on books, and after seeing the quality that the TV-series delivered I had to check out the books. I bought the first four books during christmas and started reading A Game of Thrones, even though i already knew everything from the series I thought it would be best to read the first book and boy I was right, the book was amazing.

So i took a pause from reading because I hadn't much time to read, and so it wasn't until now that i finished A Clash of Kings, and it was even better :D

I'm just wondering if I can safely watch season 2 now without being subject to any notable spoilers for A Storm of Swords?

And also, I have that book set with Sean Bean and Emilia Clarke on the box, the HBO set or whatever and from what i can see ACoK and ASoS have almost completely the same number of pages, and so all the fuzz about splitting ASoS into two books and all that stuff, just seems a little strange, maybe its just the version I have or something but... ?

Anyway love the forum, and thanks for replying :D

In the end of season 2, there a few things from the beginning of Storm, mostly its prologue; you just have to read that much and you should only have minor spoilers.

In some cases the editors chose to split Storm in two. I believe the american edition kept it the way it was written, and the british one split it in two originally? If the edition you have is only the first half, it should be written on the cover page, like Part I: Steel and Snow or something.

I doubt they would only put half a book in a set though...

Archived