your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

Melisandre (Fire) sitting the Iron (Ice) Throne.

And I don't have a realistic opinion. I think of new ideas every day on what the hell A Song of Ice and Fire could really mean.

Today's theory:

The 'Ice' in the title refers to Ned's sword Ice. And Fire, is referring to Oathkeeper, which was made from the Valaryian steel melted down from the sword Ice after Ned's death. Brienne will bring Oathkeeper to the wall, on orders from Lady Stoneheart. Her mission will be to kill Jon Snow, but little does she know, he's already basically dead. Brienne will see and stab him in the heart, to finish the deed. Oathkeeper, formally known as Ice, will then become Lightbringer and Jon Snow will finally become who he's destined to be, Azor Ahai. .... Game over after that.

Originally I had a really long, elaborate post of things I've mostly already stated I wanted on here. Then I stopped and thought about it and realized whatever GRRM comes up with will be better than whatever would favor the characters I like, even if it makes me cry more.

However, one thing - Oathkeeper and that other sword need to be reforged back into Ice. If this doesn't happen I ragequit the series.

Oh yeah and Daario needs to die a horrible, excruciatingly painful death. While Dany looks on in horror.

Well ideally I'd like Stannis on the throne, with all his enemies heads at his feet. But since George is a cruel mistress this will not happen.

I'd like to see more than one Kingdom. Maybe not 7 per se, but around that. Rickon as Lord of Winterfell or King of the North, Jon still on the wall (if there is one). No Targaryen anywhere will sit on the throne. Littlefinger escapes justice to start up again in the Free Cities.

I'll be happy if this happens.

• Jon stays dead forever.
  • Dany has a bunch more chapters in Essos and then dies without ever going to Westeros.
  • Tyrion and Tysha reunite and remarry.
  • Aegon reclaims the throne as the last true Targaryen.
  • Dany and Jon marry.*
  • The Others and wights are dealt with by shipping them to Slaver's Bay.
  • Jon's real mother was Catelyn all along.
  • Stannis doesn't get to be king, but is compensated by marrying Sansa.
  • It turns out Benjen Stark was killed when he slipped and fell off the wall.
  • Every other remaining chapters much be either a Dornish or Ironborn or Essos POV.

*This will occur in a series of POVs set in an alternate universe that turns out to be purgatory or heaven or something.

• Jon stays dead forever.
  • Dany has a bunch more chapters in Essos and then dies without ever going to Westeros.
  • Tyrion and Tysha reunite and remarry.
  • Aegon reclaims the throne as the last true Targaryen.
  • Dany and Jon marry.*
  • The Others and wights are dealt with by shipping them to Slaver's Bay.
  • Stannis doesn't get to be king, but is compensated by marrying Sansa.
  • It turns out Benjen Stark was killed when he slipped and fell off the wall.
  • Every other remaining chapters much be either a Dornish or Ironborn or Essos POV.

*This will occur in a series of POVs set in an alternate universe that turns out to be purgatory or heaven or something.

You killed me :rofl:

:bowdown:

Myrcella rules Westeros, with the Sand Snakes as her Queensguard. Arianne rules Dorne. Sansa is Queen in the North. Arya is Lady of the Dreadfort. Brienne is a knight. Daenerys rebuilds Valyria. Asha rules the Iron Islands. Wyman Manderly eats all the Freys.

Patchface wakes up on a beach two days after the ship broke up .... a young Robert and Stannis take him home . it was just a dream.

Much better than it being Hodor's dream or Bran's dream from when he was in the coma.

Ideal:

The first signs of Spring beginning are observed just as the Westerosi Renaissance begins, The Iron Throne is melted down to commemorate the end of feudal domination over the majority. The Seven Electorates are led through the inevitably difficult transitional stage by self-made men such as Chancellors Baelish and Seaworth who do their best to emulate the meritocratic values that the last defender of the realm Stannis 'The breaker of Winter' valued before dying in a final act of valour in the victory over The Great Other. Their respective wives, Sansa Baelish and Marya Seaworth champion the cause of women in Westeros.

Magic finally begins to receede (For good) from the world.

The realistic end:

GRRM kills everyone I have learned to like and puts Dany on the Throne, marries her to Jon Snow and appoints Cersei as her Hand.

Bran-gets to leave the cave and supasses BR and become lord of Winterfell. He get's with Meera much later, and leaves Rickon as his heir. While co-spying with Arya as Jon's master of whispers.

Catelyn-meets her true death permanent death at the hands of Jon Snow AAR King of the North

Daenerys- either dies in the fight aginst the others, or she never makes it to Westeros because she decided to go to braavos with Daario to live out their days.

Eddard-

Jon-He is mostly dead, and when he is resurrected he fulfills the AAR prophecy. After the long night is over and he has saved the day he settles down as Jon Snow AAR King in the North.

Arya- somehow she makes it back to westeros and meets back up with Jon, she joins his court and becomes his master of whispers

Tyrion-I hope he finally dies. I love the little dude but he has to go. I hope he finds out where whores go and findsTysha but she reveals she once loved him but that is no longer so. He goes to play hero during the war against the others and dies.

Sansa- I hope she makes it back up the mountain to the Eryie and pushes LF our the moon door, but as he is falling he grabs her and she goes down with him.

Theon- I hope there is some type of redemption for him....maybe he saves Asha

Davos-he dies saving his son from a wight or Other

Jaime-he kills Cersei with his golden hand (see below) and lives out the remainder of his days pleasing Brienne

Cersei-killed by Jaime after she flips all the way out and kills Tommen, Jaime rushes in to save him but reaches out with the wrong hand

Samwell-becomes Jon's maester

Asha-after Euron dies she becomes the Queen Asha of the Iron Islands

Victorian-Dies from a nipple wound after saving Dany from the clutches of Daario

Damphair-killls himself after being overwhelmed by guilt of being a kinslayer. He killed Euron you see and it was completely unjust. Euron is not guilty of any of the things Damphair says he is. Damphair finds out but it is too late you see.

Euron-sniff sniff, he dies because his hatin' ass brother Damphair kills him

Arianne: marries Aegon VI they become king and queen of The Crownlands and Stormlands

I love this.

Ned: "Happy sixteenth birthday, son. I think it's time I told you about your mother!"

Catelyn: "It was me! Surprise! LOL."

Jon: [speechless]

Ned: [Puches Jon lightly in the shoulder.] "We got you good!"

Catelyn: "I totally remember giving birth to you."

Jon: [speechless]

Archived