Questions for GRRM - WorldCon and beyond vol. 2

kissdbyfire

I doubt that. There's something more there, I wonder if GRRM took some creative license with the theme of the character Huan from The Silmarillion. I think we may hear Ghost speak before it's all over.

Interesting thought, he also has some characteristics of Carcharoth, like red eyes. Then so does Shaggydog, with a black coat.

I would like ask him that what is the single most important thing that we as readers should concentrate on to get a clue about the next two books.

Let's be honest, the best thing to do would be to just make sure the earlier books are fresh in our minds, and then try not to think about it until we're reading the last books. Just let GRRM tell the story. I've found that speculation and pre-conceived expectations don't add much to the experience of reading a book (same goes for TV shows, music, movies... any media experience really). But, of course, we all do it anyway because it's fun to do.

Let's be honest, the best thing to do would be to just make sure the earlier books are fresh in our minds, and then try not to think about it until we're reading the last books. Just let GRRM tell the story. I've found that speculation and pre-conceived expectations don't add much to the experience of reading a book (same goes for TV shows, music, movies... any media experience really). But, of course, we all do it anyway because it's fun to do.

I actually think it spoils it. If your predictions are right, you are happy but there is little surprise, if you are wrong you might be disappointed.... Still, we can't help it, can we? :P

I actually think it spoils it. If your predictions are right, you are happy but there is little surprise, if you are wrong you might be disappointed.... Still, we can't help it, can we? :P

But I just cant help it!!!! :bawl:

Cant resist to post my question..

It is seems like people in ASOIAF World are living long happily.. up until GRRM decides to write about them.. and then they suddenly meet their end..

Why is that? Do we will have at least one person that will survive the GRRM novel?

1. There's a lot of debating of the best fighters in ASoIaF. Could you clarify on this a bit? (All battles with weapon of choice as long as it's made of steel meaning no Valyrian steel or "starsteel" allowed)

Who'd win a duel to death Jaime or Sandor?

I know you said Barristan and Dayne were equal, but how would Jaime or Sandor match them? How big a difference?

How about the Dragonknight and Daemon Blackfyre?

Also, just how good is Bronn? What about Garlan? Mance?

2. What's better Valyrian Steel or "starsteel"? "Starsteel = what Dawn is made of.

MODS! Who asks these questions? Do you ask all of them? If you run out of time in the interview, will you ask the leftovers in the next one? If you'd ask this one you'd get rid of some future to come "Best fighter in Westeros" threads (I'm not going to make them, but with canon sources for the answers there'd be far less talking about it)

1. There's a lot of debating of the best fighters in ASoIaF. Could you clarify on this a bit? (All battles with weapon of choice as long as it's made of steel meaning no Valyrian steel or "starsteel" allowed)

Who'd win a duel to death Jaime or Sandor?

I know you said Barristan and Dayne were equal, but how would Jaime or Sandor match them? How big a difference?

How about the Dragonknight and Daemon Blackfyre?

Also, just how good is Bronn? What about Garlan? Mance?

2. What's better Valyrian Steel or "starsteel"? "Starsteel = what Dawn is made of.

MODS! Who asks these questions? Do you ask all of them? If you run out of time in the interview, will you ask the leftovers in the next one? If you'd ask this one you'd get rid of some future to come "Best fighter in Westeros" threads (I'm not going to make them, but with canon sources for the answers there'd be far less talking about it)

:agree: I'm suppose to ask this, too.

Settle the score once and for all, GRRM! Who is the best fighter? Who is the champion?!!!

Jon mentions stories Old Nan told them about the Ice Dragon. Do do they exist or have ice dragons ever existed in Westeros? Will we ever see them? When we see them futher north in the land of Always Winter?

Ice dragons don't exist. Jon is the only Ice Dragon I know of.

I wish someone would ask Martin what color Mance Rayder's eyes really are. It seems there is a contradiction in the text:

- in Got he's described as having brown eyes (Jon's POV chapter, when Jon first meets Mance)

- in Melisandre's POV chapter in ADwD, while Mance is under Melisandre's glamour, Rattleshirt is described as having little yellow eyes. But when he meets Melisandre in her rooms without the shirt of bones, the glamour wavers and :

The widling's own eyes narrowed. Grey eyes, brown eyes. Melisandre could see the color change with each pulse of the ruby.

So, shouldn't the eye color change from yellow (Rattleshirt) to brown (Mance)? Where does grey come from? Are Mance's eyes not brown but grey? Are Rattleshirt's eyes not yellow but grey? Is it a typo?

So I think it's definetely worth asking Martin!

edited for spelling

George, do the Northerners have a different accent from the Southerners because of their Old Tongue links? And the Wildlings? using the Irish and Scottish as examples and their Gaelic origins.

In Brienne's POV in AFfC, she marked that Harwin spoke with a Northern accent.

Archived