--> (spoiler) The Serpent and the Mountain (spoiler)

Hreterus

! I posted this in the Clash of Kings section at first by mistake, and the edit function doesn't seem to take effect. I am very sorry for anyone who got spoiled by it and will accept a ban if it comes to it.

You know what Martin? Screw you, screw you, screw you!

Right after that stupid bastard Slynt accused Jon of all sorts of things I thought that there would be some triumph for a positive character only to be struck twice. One of the most reprehensible characters in the book escaped justice in that crushing scene when he finally spoke Elia's name only to smash the Serpent’s head in to the ground and the only damn positive character of the Lannisters was defeated by that stupid bitch of a queen or whatever she is now.

I'm probably being way too emotional about a book, and I'll probably realize that a bit later, but I'm totally crushed right now. I don't know if I can continue reading this damn book... nothing good is going to happen anyway. The worst thing was that the Serpent was like the embodiment of justice smashed in to the ground.

/endrant … does anyone feel the same?

(ASoS spoilers ahead, some FfC spoilers!)

Can I ask...have you finished the book yet?

I mean, all of the situations you mentioned do work out in the end eventually...Jon's problems will resolve by the end, and the situation with the Mountain is prolonged into Feast for Crows, but that's what's so cool about everything.

I admit The Red Viper was a great character, but that's just how GRRM writes. As soon as the reader begins to get attached to a character...WAM....they loose their head, or get their face smashed in, or get their throat slit at their brother's wedding....

A Feast For Crows begins to hint at retribution finally, so I would HIGHLY advise that you keep reading. Cersei gets what's coming to her--she's not the only one who can act like a c*nt and get away with it, as other notable people in King's Landing will find out at her expense :) And I love watching her flail as everything comes crashing down around her. She's so delusional at times it's actually funny.

Personally I love these tragic moments--like with the Red Viper because I know that characters will gain retribution in the end. Right now everything seems uncertain but there is a lot of cool stuff still to come, including Dorne's thoughts on revenge against the Lannisters complete with Oberyn's lovely bastard daughters... holla... and Arya's assassin training in Braavos.

So keep reading--and enjoy.

I am 219 pages into aFfC and I cant shake the feeling that every character I warm to is gonna burn! After all the murder & mayhem of aSoS I just cant seem to allow myself to get too comfortable. Also, I am only less than half way through the full series so theres a possibity that EVERY character alive at the start of Feast may not be alive at the start of the final book. I am a Arya fan and the Axe almost caused me to give up hope.

Okay, I'm glad someone else feels this way, too. I am also an emotional reader, and I was devastated by the Red Wedding, because I knew it meant that Arya would never be reunited with what was left of her family. Then, Jon got sent off the wall to die, and Tyrion gets Joffrey's murder pinned on him. Somehow, I still had hope that Oberyn would survive. Tyrion's champions have faced big enemies before, and Oberyn had such a good reputation as a fighter. I was rooting for him, and it was such a let down when he failed. I really think someone should have a talk with the author and let him know that we need a happy ending. The way this is going, half the realm is already dead, and I'm not sure who is going to be left standing.

Okay, I'm glad someone else feels this way, too. I am also an emotional reader, and I was devastated by the Red Wedding, because I knew it meant that Arya would never be reunited with what was left of her family. Then, Jon got sent off the wall to die, and Tyrion gets Joffrey's murder pinned on him. Somehow, I still had hope that Oberyn would survive. Tyrion's champions have faced big enemies before, and Oberyn had such a good reputation as a fighter. I was rooting for him, and it was such a let down when he failed. I really think someone should have a talk with the author and let him know that we need a happy ending. The way this is going, half the realm is already dead, and I'm not sure who is going to be left standing.

From the beginning I was sure he was going to lose, but then Martin made it look like he was going to win only to kill him right after. Argh! I let myself believe he was going to win only to be disappointed. :bawl:

From the beginning I was sure he was going to lose, but then Martin made it look like he was going to win only to kill him right after. Argh! I let myself believe he was going to win only to be disappointed. :bawl:

"Life is not a song", Hreterus, and never doubt that the ending of this saga will be "bittersweet". Just keep reading. You'll be glad you did ;)

My Feelings about tragic events such as the Red Wedding were rahter dull.

I know that sounds dump, but to my misfortune I spiolerd some things while reading the wiki (only looked into it for the neat character pictures) and then I stumbled above Robb`'s life data, and many more things I will not tell you for your own sake :(

So, from the point on I knew that Robb would die at the Twins in the near Future, the Red Wedding wasn't able to take me by surprise anymore....and all the time while I read Catelyn's PoV i thought: " Oh God, when it will gonna happen?! I can do nothing to prevent this." and so on .... So all in all i was depressed/ or even bored (!) all the time and not shocked by the upcoming violence and tragedy. (Although, and this was the strange thing: I alredy cried while reading many other sad books, not just ASoIaF)

Dammn, why Robb hadn't any personal PoV?! all the other Stark children got one (apart from Rickon but he's currently way too young for this)

So back to topic; In contray to nearly everything I wrote above; Oberyn's death took me hard and wounded my Soul, even if it was Revenge (which is nearly never a good feeling and leds only to more bloodshed) I admired the Red Viper.

"Life is not a song", Hreterus, and never doubt that the ending of this saga will be "bittersweet". Just keep reading. You'll be glad you did

Haha, it is a song... sadly written by Edgar Allen Poe. But it still is!

@compared to a woman's kiss

I almost got Robb's and Cat's death spoiled on a youtube video but someone said that they wouldn't die. I don't know if he was just saying that because he hadn't read it or because he wanted to save people from spoilage... if it's the second it's pure genius. As a result I was even more shocked by the event then I would have been.

I think you are like me and just unfortunately become attached to the ones who are going to die. I'm talking about Secondary Characters (non-POV) and none of them are safe.

My favorite character in book one was Renly. Everything in the story is so bleak, for me he was like a shining beacon of good humor. In book 2 he declared himself king, I became so happy. :dunce:

Then in ASOS I start to really like The Hound, and him travelling with Arya is my favorite. That ended well.

When we met Oberyn I was like this :wub: Then he died and I was grief-stricken. GRRM is an indian-giver.

Those last two really affected me, because this book is very emotional and tragic overall but those were the final blows to me. After I read these parts, I could not sleep.

compared to a woman's kiss and others: If you haven't finished the entire series I recommend you do not go on the Wiki. If you want to look at pictures go on deviant art. Just glancing at the Wiki will give you spoilers. I am reading ADWD right now and I went to look something up about what animals live in Westeros, thought that would be safe, but got some stuff spoiled for me about certain Direwolves and their masters.

Archived