Characters you hate to love

Lenokt Shieldbreaker

It is obvious in ASOIAF that people are not as black and white as they appear. Are there any characters that know matter how much you tell yourself that you can't stand that character, you can't help but love?

Joffery and Stannis each of their personalities and actions want to make me hate them but instead just makes me more interested in them.

So yeah thoughts on your characters you hate to love?

Stannis Baratheon. I want him to be king and I want him to be an instrument of vengeance. However, I can't get over the fact that he "cheated" to kill his brother. He also still allows Mel to run rampant with the red religion even though he himself doesn't believe in it. He must pay for that.

Euron- he is most morally degenerate character in the series after Gregor Clegane, but he is also easy to laugh and intelligent

Cersei- horrible person but I am interested in seeing her screw up and get even crazier

......I thought I had clicked on the "Characters you share something in common with" thread and was taken aback.

For me, Theon. He's maybe the only unforgivable one that I catch myself cheering for unabashedly. And then I feel weird and confused for a while.

Jaime, i will never forget (or forgive) how he pushed Bran from the window, but i find him a great guy deep inside...

Daario, while reading some posts on this forum i noticed that people think of him as a total douche, but somehow i seem to like him

Mel, well, she is a bitch for killing Renly but she thinks she is helping the real AA to get what he deserves... And she also told one of my favorite characters to be aware of certain daggers in the night ;) i dont think she is bad, i like her

Jamie. I'm prejudiced against beautiful people.

Theon. First, I found him arrogant, needy and incompetent but funny (nice partner for casual sex, to be sure). Then he got flayed and I started to root for him.

Tyrion. He slapped Shae. But a male character genuinely regarding women as equals would not reflect Westerosi society realistically.

I love to love Cersei though. Loving her is a task. You have to put work into it. Hard work.

Archived