who are the most boring pov characters in your opinion?

I am halfway threw book 3 and overall i love the series to the point of obsession but there is a couple of characters that really slow the story down for me.

First off. Bran. Obviously an essential character and was good in the first book and some of the second. But by the stage im atnow he is boring me to no end. I think its a shame Rob never got pov status and Bran did.

Secondly, Dany. Her story was great in the first book and actually a highlight for me. But since then she has been boring as hell. Seriously cring when i see one of her chapters now.

Does anyone agree? If not who are the characters that dont quite click with you?

First few chapters of Brienne are boring in feast, but later they get okay. other then that, i don't find any one boring.

Edit- you will get different answer from different posters on this. On this matter, forum is divided. Lot of posters will say iron islanders, personally i would read about Greyjoys rather then Brienne and Dany.

How's Catelyn supposed to be boring? She's the only way we get to see Robb, the King in the North and his war against the Lannisters. We get to see Renly through her eyes and also the Red Wedding.

The Red Wedding was good, I'll give her that much. The rest is pretty uninteresting. I prefer the Wall and King's Landing to the endless parade of bad decisions and hand-wringing that make up Cat's chapters.

Dany has some slow patches, especially early on.

I found the Dorne and Iron Islanders ones hard at first simply because I did not know the characters therefore had no emotional attachment to them. It felt like GRRM just needed to show the audience what was going on there. But he forced it in rather than integrating it smoothly (which may have been impossible, admittedly).

Brienne's wild goose chase around the Riverlands dragged on too long for me. I felt there was no suspense because the reader knew she wasn't going to find them, so we aren't sharing the exploration process with her character.

Catelyn and Daenerys. Catelyn's so boring that I lost all interest in Robb after he separated from Jon and Brann. So emo. I literally started hearing little violins in my head every time she went: "They won't listen to me, after all I'm only a m*o*t*h*e*r ."

As for Daenerys, I hate her entire entourage. Khal Drogo, the 'it is known' girls, Jorah, Plumm, Daario, all the <X> ko/mo <Y>s.

Barristan and Daenerys get frustrating at some points in a dance with dragons... Meereenese politics are not my favorite thing to read about over and over and over again.

I really liked Barristan's pov's kinda reminded me of Ned Stark... whats that everything is gone to hell and your offering to help? okay... as long as we do it the honourable way.

Archived