Rhaegar and Lyanna's child is a girl

When Ned came back to Winterfell, he quickly switched R+L's baby with Vayon Poole's before anyone notice he had brought up a girl. This would make an even BETTER hiding place for her.

Except that Jeyne Poole has northern features but do not resemble the Starks, and does not look other-worldy like the Targaryens.

This is funny though, Ramsay marrying a possible head of the dragon. Maybe Viserion will burn him alive. :hat:

Jeyne Poole is also younger. To be Ashara's son, Ned would have had to have an affair with her well into the war, or else he wouldn't be able to claim that Jon was conceived only after he married Catelyn.

- A total crackpot, sorry.

If Lyanna Stark had a female child, then we wouldn't be seeing Jon. We'd be seeing 'Lyanna Snow.' There is no possible way that Eddard Stark would let his sister's child out of his sight, regardless of gender or his feelings on the matter.

Plus it doesn't explain why Jon looks so completely Stark if he were simply a bastard from Starfall. Ned has five children and only five, the five trueborn children of Winterfell. But he does have at least one nephew (I'm sure there are plenty of Stark-looking Snows in the North due to Brandon, however).

If Rhaegar and Lyanna's child was a girl, then Viserys would be ahead of her in the line of succession, therefore the 3KG would not be still at the ToJ when Ned arrived - they would be en route to their king, Viserys.

If Lyanna Stark had a female child, then we wouldn't be seeing Jon. We'd be seeing 'Lyanna Snow.' There is no possible way that Eddard Stark would let his sister's child out of his sight, regardless of gender or his feelings on the matter.

Plus it doesn't explain why Jon looks so completely Stark if he were simply a bastard from Starfall. Ned has five children and only five, the five trueborn children of Winterfell. But he does have at least one nephew (I'm sure there are plenty of Stark-looking Snows in the North due to Brandon, however).

I don't believe OP's theory one bit, but I would however like to mention that you contradict yourself in your own post. Brandon could have slept with Ashara in Harrenhal, and you somewhat confirm this. That would mean that Ashara's child could have had the required Stark features, and thus that Lyanna's babe and Ashara's could have been switched.

If Rhaegar and Lyanna's child was a girl, then Viserys would be ahead of her in the line of succession, therefore the 3KG would not be still at the ToJ when Ned arrived - they would be en route to their king, Viserys.

Unless all 3 members of the Kingsguard have decided that they believe in a little symmetry and are hoping to incite the next Dance of the Dragons, only given opposite circumstances (A queen instead of a king). Methinks that Sers Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, and Oswell Whent learned from the mistakes of Criston Kingmaker, however.

I don't believe OP's theory one bit, but I would however like to mention that you contradict yourself in your own post. Brandon could have slept with Ashara in Harrenhal, and you somewhat confirm this. That would mean that Ashara's child could have had the required Stark features, and thus that Lyanna's babe and Ashara's could have been switched.

Brandon died before Jon was conceived.

If you read my post, then it should have been quite apparent that I mentioned 'in the North.' It was my assumption that many Snows in the North would because of Brandon's reckless 'spending' habits, not that he slept with Ashara at Harrenhal.

It's a possibility, I guess, but it wasn't the point I was trying to make.

If they had a daughter ... We need to look out for a character who has come from apparent obscurity (because Ned would have had her whisked away to a place of obscure safety after Lyanna's death), who is given a POV but yet doesn't quite seem to justify it, who isn't what she appears...

Brienne of Tarth.

If they had a daughter ... We need to look out for a character who has come from apparent obscurity (because Ned would have had her whisked away to a place of obscure safety after Lyanna's death), who is given a POV but yet doesn't quite seem to justify it, who isn't what she appears...

Brienne of Tarth.

Dun dun da!! (Cue suspenseful music) best crackpot ever!

If I believed this theory - which I don't - but if I did, I'd be looking at Wylla Manderly as a possibility. Approximately right age, has blond hair but covers it up with green dye, is a staunch Stark supporter, is named after the probable wet nurse/midwife at the ToJ.

Brienne is too old. In order for the timeline to fit, she has to be close in age to Jon, who we know was born during the time when Lyanna was missing.

Really, no female character so far fits everything; Age, possible looks, hidden away with someone 100% trustworthy.

Brienne is too old. In order for the timeline to fit, she has to be close in age to Jon, who we know was born during the time when Lyanna was missing.

Really, no female character so far fits everything; Age, possible looks, hidden away with someone 100% trustworthy.

Except for the looks department, Meera Reed.

Born 283AL according to the Wiki, same as Jon and Robb; hidden away with Howland Reed, who is speculated to know about what happened at the Tower of Joy.

Super crackpot because as far as I can tell, she looks every bit like a Crannogman.

Looks are not the only factor Jon has no dragon dreams that is what almost every important targ has

Possibly he took Lyanna's(Stark's) wolfblood. Baelor Breakspear his son Valarr Targaryen and Rhaenys Targaryen hadn't purple eyes either.

eta: Jon had profetic dreams about the cryptes in WF& his sword burn red

Looks are not the only factor Jon has no dragon dreams that is what almost every important targ has

Looks are definitely not a factor, since the classic Targ looks is a recessive trait, maintained mainly by incest. Targs born out of non-Targ unions often take the looks of the other parent.

And, while Jon does not have dragon dreams (or maybe hasn't had them yet), he might be having some prophetic ones (especially the one of himself in an armour of black ice, wielding a red sword), which is a trait some of the Targs have displayed.

Archived