Rhaegar and Lyanna's child is a girl

In Dance of Dragons Aegon appeared claiming to be the son of Rhaegar and Elia. He is named after Aegon the Dragonlord he had two sisters Rhaenys and Viseryna. Rhaegar had a daughter name Rhaenys. Daenarys notice that he named his children after the founders of house Targaryen. I believe that Lyanna Stark did fall in love with him and ran off. She carried his third child many believe this Jon Snow but this is a trick. The child was a girl. Now you all thinking why would it be a girl because it is how the targaryens rode the dragons one guy two girls. This child may have silver hair or stark hair but has purple eyes. Jon can't be they child because he would have purple eyes. I can prove this because Bittersteel and Bloodraven this men's mothers came from Houses Bracken and Blackwood. Both houses are descended from the First Men and keep to the Old Gods of the North. They had purple eyes well Bittersteel because Bloodraven was albino but he probably would.

But in the current Conquest, it would be the opposite, Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon, one girl two guys

I believe Daenerys is the girl, the third child, meant to be Visenya, and that's why Rhaegar was looking directly at her in the House of the Undying and why she felt he was, in fact, looking at her when he said there must be a third, the dragon must have three heads.

Rhaenys did have purple eyes and dark hair all targaryens have purple eyes don't say well Barlor Breakspear didn't have purple eyes he probably did it is 50 50 Martian has never told us his eye color. Orys had silver and purple eyes then his kids had the purple eyes and then the blue eyes came. It becomes reccessive after a generation after marry into the family. Jon is Ashara and Ned childp

Is there any textual proof that Rhaenys and Baelor had purple eyes and that all Targs had purple eyes? Valarr Targaryen Baelor's son hadn't purple eyes.

I always say the same thing in these threads. Since baby Aegon is never described there is only one example of what a child of Rhaegar and a non Targryan would look like. Rhaenys had brown hair and looked like a Martell. As the Martells dont have purple eyes, she didnt either. If u believe Jon is another son of Rhaegar, then u have both children with brown hair and non purple eyes. While that doesnt make it impossible Aegon favored his father, the author has gone to a lot of trouble showing the odds were against it.

I'm quite sure it was mentioned that Aegon was silver-haired - given that there was Targ blood in the Martel family, perfectly probable for Elia to be heterozygous and able to pass on the recessive gene.

Rhaenys did have purple eyes and dark hair all targaryens have purple eyes don't say well Barlor Breakspear didn't have purple eyes he probably did it is 50 50 Martian has never told us his eye color. Orys had silver and purple eyes then his kids had the purple eyes and then the blue eyes came. It becomes reccessive after a generation after marry into the family. Jon is Ashara and Ned childp

And when and how exactly did Ned and Ashara had their passionate moment in the middle of the war? Because a child conceived at Harrenhall would be too old to be of an age with Robb.

I look back at the books cross reference with the wiki having non purple eyes such as Sheria Seastar had another valyrian parent her mom was valyrian. Baelor and Rhaneys did look martells but none spoke of the eyes due it being a normal feature. Also those two are always brought up I said in the first place that First Men descendants are the focus of why Jon isn't Rhaegar's son. First Men houses such as Stark, Blackwood,Bracken,Umber. If Lyanna is Jon's mother why of non her features like able to ride a horse very well good or Rhaegar love books and music. Jon is Ned's son he broke his oath for Ygritte. Ned said he dishonored his marriage to Catelyn. Jon has valyrian steel sword like his dad. Jon is a red herring for the Visyna Targaryen his cousin we didnt know Aegon was alive then he comes along makes him second dragon head

Good Queen Alysanne had blue eyes.

But you're forgetting that she was Valyrian on both sides. Which is important, because...it's the last tenuous piece of support The King of the Red North has for his theory.

ETA--Actually, come to think of it, we don't know who her mother is. Hopefully George fills in that gap in the The World of Ice and Fire.

If Lyanna is Jon's mother why of non her features like able to ride a horse very well good or Rhaegar love books and music.

Nature vs. nurture. Riding horses and loving books and music are not things that are necessarily heritable. Though note that Jon does share some personality traits with Rhaegar and Lyanna, as he is at times either melancholic (like Rhaegar) or temperamental (like Lyanna).

Ned said he dishonored his marriage to Catelyn.

He said so out loud, so it could've been a lie. Though it's also possible that he does think that lying to Catelyn about Jon and implicating her in his treason is in some way dishonoring their marriage.

Why

I look back at the books cross reference with the wiki having non purple eyes such as Sheria Seastar had another valyrian parent her mom was valyrian. Baelor and Rhaneys did look martells but none spoke of the eyes due it being a normal feature. Also those two are always brought up I said in the first place that First Men descendants are the focus of why Jon isn't Rhaegar's son. First Men houses such as Stark, Blackwood,Bracken,Umber. If Lyanna is Jon's mother why of non her features like able to ride a horse very well good or Rhaegar love books and music. Jon is Ned's son he broke his oath for Ygritte. Ned said he dishonored his marriage to Catelyn. Jon has valyrian steel sword like his dad. Jon is a red herring for the Visyna Targaryen his cousin we didnt know Aegon was alive then he comes along makes him second dragon head

Isn't the standard Targ feature the common Valyrian feature?

Alright, since you put so much emphasis on Jon's appearance, I have a question for you: has there been a female character not named Daenerys introduced in the books that has the classic Targaryen features (silver hair, purple eyes)? I have a feeling that a character of such importance would at least have been mentioned by now. For example, if Aegon is the real deal, he had already been introduced in a way before ADWD. His supposed fate at the hands of Gregor Clegane was mentioned numerous times in AGOT, ASOS, and AFFC (I can't remember if it was or not in ACOK). So, has there been someone that to you has been described as a Targaryen girl, or someone that you want to put forward as a possible secret Targaryen?

Your original post is an interesting hypothesis/statement, but I haven't seen you present any compelling evidence or proof to back it up. If Rhaegar and Lyanna did have a child, it might well have been a girl. But all the circumstantial evidence points to the possible child being Jon: he's the right age; the circumstances of Lyanna's death (a bed of blood) point to childbirth; the presence of the Kingsguard indicates that they're there to protect the possible heir to the throne (and a male child would take precedence over a female child); yes, Ned claims him as his bastard, but he never wants to discuss Jon's parentage at any length; a lie to protect Jon would make sense, because if he were Rhaegar's son, he would be seen as a threat to Robert's claim on the throne, thus attracting threats; Ned doesn't refer to Jon as his son in his thoughts; and there is Daenerys's vision of a blue rose (Lyanna's favorite flower) growing out of the Wall. Yes, he looks like a Stark, but there is ample evidence of Targaryen features yielding in part or fully to those of other families (Baelor Breakspear; Bittersteel; Sheira Seastar; Rhaenys; Robert, Stannis, and Renly Baratheon, who had a Targaryen grandmother but have no classic Targaryen features). And yes, he doesn't seem to have inherited all of Rhaegar's and Lyanna's talents, but how many children are 100% carbon copies of their parents?

Again, you have an interesting hypothesis, but there has to be more than "Aegon the Conqueror had two sisters" and "Jon doesn't look like a classic Targaryen" to back it up.

• 2 years later...

Archived