Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

TBH this book has the most out of all to look forward too. Battle Of Meereen ( i know meereen stuff is boring, but after all this build up the ending will be fun, specially the aftermath), Battle of Winterfell (Stannis, our only hope, this will finally bring back up as a contender) and the most i'm looking forward to is the crazy stuff that is surely happening at the Wall.

Sam, Jon, Sansa and Arya.

They have the most still 'to do' in their story arcs, in the sense that they have the most (IMHO) things to learn/achieve, with the potential for something unexpected to throw a curveball at them.

Most excited about? Stannis (and Rickon); joint second: Jon and Aegon; third: Bran (would be higher except that I'm not convinced that it is going to be an exciting chapter in his story or that it will move very far- or it might even be "told" as experienced by other characters); forth Meereen.

lol^ i like that idea.

i want to know 1) mereen, believe it or not the aftermath of that battle will probably (IMHO) result in the setting sail for westeros which will shake things up.

2) sansa and (blackfish), her shiznits been going on since FFC and i wanna know what the heck is gonna happen. is she gonna marry that dude and rise up as sansa stark or is littefingers plans gonna get messed up? is the erie going to finally unleash their powerhouse army or stay silent for yet another book?

3) john, dead or not. also stannis battle(winterfell- who controls as result of battle afterwards)

4) bran, rickon, arya, and the rest like jamie, and so on.

the only reason why i didnt put aegon up there is because i dont think he will really be a big thing in this book. i think whatever happens to him(whole blackfire thing, or R+L=J, or whatever else has to do with him) GRRM will keep him until the 7th book for when all the crap hits the fan and everyone is fighting each other. chapters having to do with him in the 6th book (IMO) will probably just be his rising to power or threat in westeros and tyrell forces re arranging themselves to thwart him and the iron dudes.

I cannot wait for the two battles GRRM noted earlier. I really want to know what happens to Dany out in the Dothraki Sea (I hope she gets the Dothraki on her side again and rides to Mereen and ruins all the enemy sellsword companies), if Jon is dead (I truly hope not) and who his mother is, if Davos found Rickon and where they went to, and which volanquar will kill Cersei. I think Cersei will die in the last book but sooner could only be better!

I really see Arya becoming the youngest member of the Faceless Men and playing a pivotal role in Westeros; I also see Sansa thinking she understands "the game" but having the rug pulled from under her feet; and I think Dorne will eventually step up and mess up Highgarden.

Ahhh there's so much more than that to anticipate, too.

The Citadel, The Citadel, The Citadel.

After the events of ADWD, I no longer consider Sam to be a simple student. He knows some things. And he knows that those around don't want to know some things. So....things. Also, the other, uh, parties that are present there should make things interesting as their agendas unfold.

The battle of fire, because it will mark the colliding of major factions in Tyrion, Victarion, Barristan, and of course the dragons. It is completely unknown how each of these entities will respond to one another Plus, we've been in Meereen for so long that it'll be great to finally see it resolved.

The Citadel, The Citadel, The Citadel.

After the events of ADWD, I no longer consider Sam to be a simple student. He knows some things. And he knows that those around don't want to know some things. So....things. Also, the other, uh, parties that are present there should make things interesting as their agendas unfold.

This. Really excited for the Intrigue in Oldtown. Hijinks will ensue. Book it.

I really want to know what is happening in Oldtown. Sam will obviously be the POV for insight on this story, but ever since I reread AFFC and realized that Jaqen was the alchemist I have been dying to find out what he is up to!

Brienne's story is also intriguing. Will she turn Jaime over to the BwB and forfeit her unlikely friendship to save Pod and keep her vow to serve Cat? Or will she find a way to save Jaime without turning the Brotherhood against her?............. Or will something completely unexpected happen? (I'm going with option 3 here)

(repost from another thread)

I'm really excited to see what happens in the Vale with Littlefinger and Sansa. Once Rickon is revealed and Sansa has the Vale through marriage will they be on opposing sides? Rickon would be Wymen Manderly's tool to get Northern lords to declare for Stannis but how could they not consider declaring for Sansa? Will Littlefinger advise her to declare for Stannis or fight against Stannis? I'm assuming Sansa will want to declare for Stannis but Littlefinger will tell her not to and she'll kill him then ally with Stannis because that's what Ned would have done. Her scheming will be encouraged by Mya Stone and Myranda Royce.

I'm looking forward to the battle for Winterfell, the battle in Meereen, a battle at the Wall between the NW and the wildlings, and a possible battle at Oldtown between the Redwyns and Euron Greyjoy. Maybe there will also be a battle in the Stormlands or King's Landing between Aegon and the Tyrells/Lannisters.

Jon. Definitely!

Aegon. I wanna see how he (if he does manage it) manages to take Storm's End.

Where in the seven hells is Tyrion gonna end up?

My bro Davos and his Skagosi Adventure.

Dany's new Dothraki adventure.

Sansa's secret Vale Vacation.

Bran Bran hes my man! If he cant do it no one can!

Jaqen's incognito.

Arya woopin' arse and taking names.

Definitely looking forward to all of the battles -- Meereen, Winterfell, etc. And whatever's going to happen at the wall...hoh boy.

I'm interested to see what will happen with Cersei after being publicly shamed. Also the Sand Snakes visiting Kings Landing but maybe that's just because the Sand Snakes are fierce.

There are A LOT of different plotlines to be continued...I'm interested in pretty much all of them. And by interested I mean anxious/don't want to wait another couple years D:

I actually the only person to mention how curious i am about Euron? really? Ever since i heard GRRM mention that ppl should want to hear Damphair's chapter instead of Arrianes i've been curious to what's happening on that end of the coast.

But I DO most DEFINITELY want to see Aegon(Eggy) get into Storms end ala Trojan horse. and then see if they use the tunnels mentioned in Arriane's chapters to travel through the mountains during winter. Is Lemore related to the Sand snakes? Or is she a cliche fake deathed Ashara? Will she be the one who proves to Arriane Eggy is truely Rhaegar's son? Or does Eggy do it himself? What happened to the rest of their fleet? Did it land north, or go far west? Did it disband? Did it sink?

Want to see what's going on with the Daynes. Did Ned go back to starfall?or Is he still with BWB? Is DS going to steal Dawn? And will it be delivered to Eggy?

Is Arya joining the war? Which side will she go? south? East? North? so much for her to do!

And of course wtf is Littlefinger up to nowadays with the news of what's hiphappening all over the place! Is he involved in KL mess? is he friends with sellswords? Does he die at the hands of his devious creation of new Sansa? SO much excitement there.

I've pretty much gotten the idea of what's going to happen in the north. so much of ADWD was in the north and as excited about it as i am, It was emotional overkill for me.

I could honestly care less for Cercei and that group right now. the best part of AFFC was her walk of shame!

I'm one of the few people that seem to like that Arya's becoming a Faceless Man so I wanna see how her training progresses. And then of course who she's sent to kill. Also, did GRRM specifically say that Mereen and Winterfell were going to be the two battles at the beginning of the book? I think it will be hilarious (albeit frustrating) if he switches it up and makes the two centerpiece battles Oldtown (Ironborn vs. Willas the Wonderful) and Storm's End (Aegon vs. whoever is left there). And I just won the award for sentence with the most impressive uses of parentheses.

I'm one of the few people that seem to like that Arya's becoming a Faceless Man so I wanna see how her training progresses. And then of course who she's sent to kill.

Yeah this is probably number two on my list. Who or where is izembaro? Oldtown is an obvious destination, but where else could she turn up?

Archived