Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

Hard to rate the exact order and several things are interconnected but here is a lengthy list:

- The situation with Stannis and his allies vs the Boltons/Freys near Winterfell. What will happen in the Battle of Ice and after that, the fate of Winterfell.

- The agenda and activities of the Iron Bank. It has a vested interest in the war and has decided upon a course of action; very interesting institution.

- The conflict between Aegon and the Golden Company on one side and the Iron Throne on the other. That plus the accompanying entry into the war of the Dornish.

- The rise of the the sparrows and the escalating problems between the High Septon and the Tyrells/Lannisters. Including, but not limited to, the trials. The manner in which the

Faith Militant's militias will be utilized.

- General conflict and discord at King's Landing sowed by Varys and the Sand Snakes.

- The machinations of LF, Sansa's reactions and initiatives, the internal Vale politics, and the Vale's probable intervention into the general conflict for some purpose.

- Euron's efforts to carry out his plan

- Jaqen and whatever is going on at the Citadel

- The effects of Victarion, Tyrion, Mormont, Moqorro, and Marwyn converging on Mereen.

Also of interest:

-Whether the Night's Watch survives the present difficulty that the assassins placed it in. How Melisandre will act in this situation and by what means Jon will be healed.

-How the FM want to use Arya

-Daenerys's handling of the Dothraki situation

Nobody has mentioned Varys? WTF is he doing now, since he basically murdered the King's regent? What is his true motivation? I don't really 100% believe any of the theories put forth on here about him (and I have one that's pretty outrageous and has no factual proof) I know we won't see a POV, but I'd love to see a lot more of what he's doing in WOW.

The Dornish. I've written on this board that it's obvious to me that Doran is on the cusp of going all-in, and when news of Quentyn's death reaches his ears and those of Arianne, they're going to make the huge mistake of casting their lot in with Aegon and Connington. That's going to work out well for them initially as Connington, having learned the mistake of kindness at the Bells battle, will show no mercy, no leniency, no hesitation in any of his tactics as Randyl Tarly marches one of the Tyrell armies south after the trials in King's Landing are over.

What happens once Dany comes chasing after Euron to retrieve 1-2 of her stolen dragons, her children, and hits the shores of Westeros toward the end of Winds is anyone's guess.

Nobody has mentioned Varys? WTF is he doing now, since he basically murdered the King's regent? What is his true motivation? I don't really 100% believe any of the theories put forth on here about him (and I have one that's pretty outrageous and has no factual proof) I know we won't see a POV, but I'd love to see a lot more of what he's doing in WOW.

and this.

From my reading point of view, the Game of Thrones interests me more than the White Walkers, so I'm excited about the Davos/Rickon storyline and the Aegon storyline with Varys. Varys is such an intriguing man. This said, I loved the King Beyond The Wall/Jon storyline, and I love Jon, so I'm excited to see his 'situation' in WoW. I hope the story goes somewhere quickly, otherwise it is impossible to see how the series will end within two books. Too many unanswered questions.

And please GRRM, I beg you, please bring Arya back. One of my favourite characters in the first three books, but now her chapters feel like a chore...

just shows how different people are. How can you now not like arya's chapters now? They have gotten so amazing!!! The house of black and white is so mysterious and the order of the facelessmen/god is so intriguing. She's grown so much since her arrival in braavos.

Let us not forget Syrio Forel. Would sure like to see him, Barristan, and maybe Jamie standing side by side in battle against some bad guys, hopefully cutting down the Freys.

I'm like 98% sure syrio is dead. They never showed him die. But how arya described it it was implied. And her path led her to the faceless men which is much cooler than a water dancer or those annoying ass braavos strutting around challenging everyone.

The better question might be, "What storylines are you NOT looking forward to?"

I'd have to say that while I am interested to see how events unfold in Meereen and Essos in general, there's a part of me that dreads a continuation of the leisurely pacing of this storyline from ADWD, which would necessarily be at the expense of other POVs.

Davos: How little he appeared in A Dance With Dragons, on top of the fact that his mission brings back two big characters we haven't seen in three books (Osha and Rickon), as well as him getting back into his smuggling mode on a trip to an island filled with cannibals gives me goosebumps. Not to mention that the Skagosi could reinforce Stannis' army in the North if he prevails at the Battle of Winterfell.

Bran: I'm glad the series is finally becoming more fantasy-oriented (I know the elements have always been there, but sparingly), and I cannot wait to see what Bran becomes capable of. I also feel like Bran / the Reeds will be the ones to discover the truth / announce who Jon's mother really is.

Jon Connington: I hate that he has Greyscale. I really, really like this guy and want to see how much his plans interrupt the Tyrell's ambitions. Not to mention the whole transporting the rightful heir to the throne thing.

Areo Hotah: This guy's a badass fighter and is up to something. His chapters, while few, always revolve around events of the utmost importance and with some of the largest implications for the Realm. I expect he will play a large role in The Winds of Winter.

Jorah Mormont: I've always liked Jorah, and I want to see if he sticks with Tyrion / Penny, abandons them at the first sign of Dany, is killed in the fighting, or who-knows-what.

Didn't post about Jon / Tyrion / Dany since it's kind of obvious we'll find out about their stories (or the end of their stories, maybe), seeing as they're kind of the main players in the series.

There are so many that it its hard to pick a favorite.

I guess the one I am most looking forward to is Breanne/Jaime. Only because this is the one I have no idea what is going to happen.

The other plotlines I think I understand where the plots are going. I know I will be surprised by some but I can understand the direction they are all headed in. The B/J story has me completely befuddled.

I agree with you - this is the one storyline I am all befuddled by. And, as I have grown to like both Brienne and Jaime, I'm all the more interested in learning what on earth happened to them. It would be agony if one had to wait for the last book to find out about them.

1. Arya - massive Arya fan here and i really enjoy her FM stories.

2. Mereen - as others in this thread have noted the next parts of this story should be fun reading.

3. Stannis - Very interesting questions still to be answered there including things like that letter and what the manderlys are going to do.

I am looking forward to these things so much more than the rest of it i gotta say :cool4:. Don't get me wrong i enjoy the rest of the povs well enough but they aren't quite on the same level as above three are imo.

Archived