Confessions... Say what! v4

Night Gathers

I finally realized Sansa is my favorite Stark! I love her, and the haters can suck it. I like the others too though. I find it hard to understand how anyone could dislike Bran, and I think his chapters are really interesting. I do wish some of the predictions about Rickon would keep in mind that he is only 5 or 6.

I finally realized Sansa is my favorite Stark! I love her, and the haters can suck it. I like the others too though. I find it hard to understand how anyone could dislike Bran, and I think his chapters are really interesting. I do wish some of the predictions about Rickon would keep in mind that he is only 5 or 6.

Hey gurl, welcome to the club ;)

I pretty much blame everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on Catelyn Tully Stark. I only tolerated her chapters because of Robb. I hate her more with each reread. Really....what did Littlefinger see in her? Know what it's like to find joy in the mist of utter sorrow and heartbreak? Well, at the end of the Red Wedding....I friggin smiled through my tears and found it.

But even that joy was ruined for me.....in a most brutal way. I really loved Dondorrian....and Catelyn still finds a way to steal him from me and weasel her way back into the story to commit more blunders and follies. (Did anything Catelyn ever did or attempted to do come out right in the end?) Stoneheart kills the whole BWB storyline for me.

Which leads me to confession 2, and perhaps a bit of a crazy prediction...'Brienne will rekill Catelyn and become the new leader of the Brotherhood without Banners.' Unlike Lady Stoneheart, I think Brienne can best restore the BWB and Thoros by leading them back towards a path of justice instead of the current path of vengance Stoneheart is taking them on.

I finally realized Sansa is my favorite Stark! I love her, and the haters can suck it.

This, absolutely! All the haters just make me want to defend her more. Whenever anyone calls Sansa stupid/vapid/weak/passive/traitorous/mean/insipid/shallow/insert insult here, a Sansa fan gets his/her wings. Queen in the [as yet unspecified area] forever!

Here are mine:

1. I'm not the only one to think this, but Victarion cracks me up. He's so horrible, it's oddly hilarious. I'm actually looking forward to his future POVs, even though the prospect of future Martell and Greyjoy POVs is depressing.

2. I wish GRRM would ease off on the Martell/Greyjoy stuff. Stop trying to make the Martells/Greyjoys happen! They're not going to happen.

3. The writing and portrayal of Tyrion in the TV show is seriously messing with my vision of the character in the books, especially all the whitewashing. I'm all "He doesn't seem so bad. Why did I hate this guy?" and then I'll go back and reread his chapters in AGOT and ACOK and be ready to strangle Tyrion all over again. It's very confusing.

4. The Jorah/friendzone jokes will never get old for me. I just about died when I saw a Youtube comment referring to Jorah as King in the Friendzone. Ha!

None of the above are particularly controversial, but here's one that is:

5. I don't find Arya's transformation into a coldblooded killer cool or badass, I find it disturbing. I found her murder of Dareon unjustified and totally creepy (particularly taking his boots and being all "Good boots are hard to come by"), and I didn't view it at all Arya discharging her duty as a Stark. GRRM probably doesn't share my view on the character, what with his comments about wanting to write more about Arya's adventures in Braavos, suggesting that he views Arya's lessons in murdering people effectively as the stuff of wacky hijinx, but there you have it.

And even more controversially...

6. I feel that if Arya doesn't suffer horribly for the coldblooded killing she's done (and will likely do), it will be a big copout, considering the horrible fates meted out to characters who haven't done anything nearly as terrible as she is doing. I mean, she probably will get a pass, being one of GRRM's favourites and whatnot, but it's going to bug me so much if there isn't any blowback on her for Dareon and her other kills after ASOS. I do like Arya, but fair's fair; if other characters are punished (either directly or indirectly) or suffer for committing coldblooded murder, she shouldn't get a pass.

I confess I am having a hard time getting back into this forum after going away on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks and then being swamped with work when I returned.

I feel like I lost touch with a bunch of new friends and I am not sure I can get them back.

It doesn't help when I realize that it will probably be another couple of years before WoW comes out. Jesus Christ, I am getting more depressed by the minute. ;)

Victarion and Moqorro will destroy the Meereen blockade while the Second Sons destroy the Yunkai beseigers. All the major players will enter Meereen to find Daenerys gone. The dragons are upset by this activity and bloodshed and send a few blasts into the city, then take off to join up with Dany and Drogon. Tyrion is snatched up by Viseryion on his way to meet up with the Dornish boys who are heading home after Tyrion decides Dorne is actually a safer bet. Dany, Tyrion, and the dragons head for the Land of Always Winter figuring they would get into less trouble there than anywhere else and any human deaths can be blamed on cannibalism. Arya heads for izembaro which is actually a city in Skagos. Here she meets up with Rickon. She face changes with one of the Skagosians for protection and so food is not a problem. They put together one of the wrecks on the Skagos shore and head for Westeros on the advice of Rickon who hears through ShaggyDog via Nymeria that sh*t is happening up north, according to Ghost.

that's as far as I have gotten so far. I hope to have the rest ready in about a year.

I confess I am having a hard time getting back into this forum after going away on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks and then being swamped with work when I returned.

I feel like I lost touch with a bunch of new friends and I am not sure I can get them back.

It doesn't help when I realize that it will probably be another couple of years before WoW comes out. Jesus Christ, I am getting more depressed by the minute. ;)

Awwwwww someone needs a nap! Welcome back whoever you are!!

I generally need a vacation to recover from a vacation.

I'm selective about what particular things I get obsessed with within the asoiaf universe - I know the name, sigil, words (if they have them), seats, and known members of pretty much every Northern House by heart, and yet every Meerenese character is "Hizdhar zo Reznak Shavepate" in my mind.

I'm selective about what particular things I get obsessed with within the asoiaf universe - I know the name, sigil, words (if they have them), seats, and known members of pretty much every Northern House by heart, and yet every Meerenese character is "Hizdhar zo Reznak Shavepate" in my mind.

Do you know how someone sporting a Winged Chalice got to the Eyrie for Tyrion's trial?

Archived