War of the 3 Queens?

ivor the swine

I was never sure of the answer to this myself. The only thing I can think of, besides Dany, is Myrcella. That would mean Littlefinger would have to have knowledge of what Arianne was trying to do, or at least anticipate that Dorne would crown her.. so maybe it is Dany. I don't think it's Asha. I think the only one who ever seriously thinks that Asha will be queen is Asha herself.

I was never sure of the answer to this myself. The only thing I can think of, besides Dany, is Myrcella. That would mean Littlefinger would have to have knowledge of what Arianne was trying to do, or at least anticipate that Dorne would crown her.. so maybe it is Dany. I don't think it's Asha. I think the only one who ever seriously thinks that Asha will be queen is Asha herself.

Yes, Myrcella does seem like a good possibility too.

Reading it for the first time, I was pretty sure it was Myrcella, but Dany does make more sense now that I stop to think about it. After all, basically everyone is aware of Dany by the end of AFfC (and just about the only one who isn't is told right at the start of ADwD). So, yeah... I'd assume Baelish was referring to Cersei, Margaery and Danaerys.

Especially as Myrcella is the only one of them not to actually be a queen yet, in any sense. Ignoring for a moment each character's awareness of the facts, Cersei is the Queen Regent, Margaery is the Queen Consort, and Danaerys is Queen Regnant of lots of places and has claims on Westeros. Myrcella, at least at the point where this scene takes place, is still only a Princess. And the Queen of Thorns is only a nickname (and one would assume she'd side with Margaery anyway).

So are we saying it is definatly not Myrcella? Without re-reading, I might be confusing the timeline, but is it possible that Littlefinger could have received certain informations from the south telling of a pending crowning? I agree the odds are shouting at Dany, but without finishing DANCE is it possible something else was going on in parallel to events at the Vale that means Petyr is speaking of someone other than Dany?

I would say that I agree it's a way for the readers to see that Littlefinger is aware of Dany. I'd say Myrcella isn't even really an option at this point. So far her role has been so minimal. The only big thing to happen was the failed attempt in the beginning of AFfC, but aside from that nothing else has happened. Now, that's not to say she won't become a more prominent player later, but for now I'd say she's not one of the three Queens and that it's Margaery, Cersei, and Dany.

I just read that passage...Dany is one - for sure! that's the hot news item from across the sea - I guess the dragons make an impression!!!

for the other 2: Cersei prob. & the little Queen (MT) - but Sansa is another possibility...Asha is a no, methinks! the Queenmaker from Dorne???

are there any clues in ADWD? please no spoilers

• 4 weeks later...

It must be Margaery, Cersei, and Dany. LF made it apparent that he knew about the dragon's and Dany's army, which clearly tells him her motive. He still has informers inside of the Red Keep with the Kettlebacks so he must know of Cersei's hatred for Margaery, and they are also the only 3 contending for the queen of King's Landing who would be ruler of Westeros next to the King on the Iron Throne.

Greetings all

Just finished AFFC and like most I would agree Dany is definately in the running.

Sansa I think will become of the coldest ever to play the game of thrones, having suffered Ceresi in KL and now being groomed by Littlefinger. As far as Westeros knows she is heir to Winterfell and therefore Queen in the North and personally I would love to see her become the younger queen Maggy the Frog warned Ceresi of.

I'm still undecided on the third,

Ceresi is in a cell with no true allies powerful enough to support her claim.

Myrcella isnt old enough to be any more than a pawn in someone elses plot.

Adrianne was betrothed to Viscerys but whether Dorans heart is really with the Targaryens or if he has his own agenda remains to be seen.

The Red Woman and Stoneheart both have a following and a supernatural gimmick but do they have ambitions on the Iron Throne?

Maybe DwD with tell..

Archived