Haven - (Syfy - Imagine Spoilers)

Horus Ex Machina

People have been mentioning over and over something that was casually dropped in the first episode of the series. The Native Americans in the area called the town "Haven" in their own language. Could Audrey be some rich settler who wronged them in some way and been cursed by them?

I have another theory.What if Audrey goes back to the moment it all begun. Troubles,curse she has to go through...Maybe in the beginning of season 4 we might see how it all started,why is she being punished and who started troubles.

And also 1000th post :)

I would give you a like if I could.

I would give you a like if I could.

Yeah, what happened to the "like" button. I thought that it was only happening to me. I'd heard that there was a limit, but this has happened before.

E2A: I gotta bring something up from before:

And not just her,remember,Nathan's dad knew agent Howard. We were even led to belive he was the one who called him and asked for help. I think they met when Audrey was Lucie and he helped her get into town. Was he a fbi agent then? What would work in seventies ?

This finale actually exacerbates the intrigue of this question. Nathan's dad seemed to have called for Agent Howard's help and also seemed to know who and what he and Audrey were. That doesn't seem to fit with this ending if this was truly only about punishing Audrey unless Agent Howard is holding something back from everyone. Which makes his motivation as somewhat more than what he portrayed to Audrey in just "being her ride." I'm not sure how much we can trust anything that he said to her.

Oh, I'm sure that it's all factually correct in a certain context, but it doesn't really answer the questions that she was asking. You'd figure that a person would have watched enough television to know what type of pointed questions might get a better response. Alas, with the same certainties that every movie villain will waste time explaining their plans, protagonists are notoriously bad at cross-examination. Even those who have simulated FBI training.

Eg. "What the fuck are the Troubles? Who caused them? Why are they here?"

And then there's the obvious follow-up to the "human" question of "Who the fuck am I?" Can't dodge those questions.

People have been mentioning over and over something that was casually dropped in the first episode of the series. The Native Americans in the area called the town "Haven" in their own language. Could Audrey be some rich settler who wronged them in some way and been cursed by them?

Actually town was called Tuwiuwok which means Haven's forgot orphans but people liked just Haven better.

• 7 months later...

I didn't realise how much I was missing Haven. Until I saw the trailer and date for season 4.

So now I'm counting down the days. Sooon

Exactly.

The UK premiere isn't too far behind the US - ours is the 26th - so at least we won't be waiting months. Which is great for us.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone watch this? I had a bout of procrastination and marathoned the whole thing last week and on Yom Kippur.

She seems to have lost her memories, but with Nathan disrupting the thing by shooting Howard, maybe not all the way? I have to assume we're going to get Audrey back at some point, but maybe now with the overlay of the memories of the bartender as well?

Is the hearing-voices girl from Boston going to stick around, or go the way of all female characters on Haven in three episodes? (OTOH, Jordan made it! I'm kind of fond of her and I like her as a villain.)

So anyone watch this? I had a bout of procrastination and marathoned the whole thing last week and on Yom Kippur.

She seems to have lost her memories, but with Nathan disrupting the thing by shooting Howard, maybe not all the way? I have to assume we're going to get Audrey back at some point, but maybe now with the overlay of the memories of the bartender as well?

Is the hearing-voices girl from Boston going to stick around, or go the way of all female characters on Haven in three episodes? (OTOH, Jordan made it! I'm kind of fond of her and I like her as a villain.)

I watch this :)

I too agree we will get our Audrey back but not after some angst which I hope won't last too long. I think maybe the shooting of agent Howard disturbed the Barn and changed the way troubles work (coming back every how many years etc).

They do tend to give more questions than answers so I'm waiting for them to come back to see what bread crumb trace they'll leave us now.

Just watched the new ep this morning and it was good.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out with Audrey and her memories and mysterious stranger who knows something. Then there is Duke and the whole brother thing(which I don't remember coming up before). Also the fact that the WWE guy is back(was he edge in WWE? Can't remember) and has a much bigger role.

I can't wait for more.

I like Dwight. The way he handled the shootout was clever, and an interesting way to use the suckiest power ever. Havenites are generally really lousy at using their powers, and/or the story doesn't give them a chance to,(which is what I like about the show,) so it was neat to see him use his power to control the situation, without actually making it empowering and without drawing back from how lousy a 'power' it actually is. Also, he beat up Duke that one time and that needs to happen more.

Well this marks a weird time in my life. The first time I see things a bit differently to DP.

I used to like Jordan. I mean, in that I felt bad for her and never begrudged her the time she spent in any of the scenes.

The last 3ish episodes is when that started to turn a little bit.

But it's like she has been installed with extra glare and a little more snark for the comeback season. I guess because I was surprised she was alive. And I don't know what part she would play from here on.

Other than one of the front faces of the guard. I'm just not feeling it, I guess.

Duke. I love Duke. And I also love Dwight. Hopefully that doesn't end up in a conflict of interest for me.

I have apparently forgotten a lot over the break. Didn't Dukes brother die or something? And have we met the guy from the bar before? In Haven universe that is.

I'm kind of hoping Jordan becomes a full-on antagonist, if not the big bad.

IIRC, it's mentioned that Duke has a couple of brothers (including at least one older one) kicking about somewhere, but it's not clear how well they really know eachother or what (he says his dad had "a whole other family". I think.) Unfortunately, I am wholly indifferent to Duke. It's ok, I like everyone else, and I can see the writers adore Duke, but he annoys me at best.

Finaly watched it...loved it. Good start me thinks :) I don't think they are setting Jo up to be villain just the most desperate one who'll want troubles to go away. I don't think she'll pop up much,they just had to put the confrontation with the guard in the first episode to solve the conflickt somehow. They in the same time dealed with Nathan's ptsd of loosing Audrey,and they successfully indtroduced new characters. Now they have good excuse for Duke's brother showing up,Duke was presumably dead and he was probably contacted as next of kin to come and settle all the affairs and business...plausable and elegant. Nathan was broken man but he had time to greave and now Duke showed up with some solution and he again has some purpose. New girl is great I like her. Can she be Duke's girl by the end of the season? I hope she lasts though. They just don't know what to do with any other women character that are not Audrey. New girl is also very good way to give them all the information they need and have Audrey loose her memory again. How else would we know what happened in the barn. I like ne A too,she's cute. Her knight in shining armor seems like new agent Howard to me. He's suspicios,he plays nice guy but something is just...hmmmm off. So they broke the barn and it didn't bring solution to the troubles it just left them without one. So now they'll have to stop them forever or not stop them at all.... I am very satisfied with how they started the season. Tied all the loose ends and didn't give us much of answers...I'f they just continued with Nathan being the chief and guard just disappearing into thinn air it would be stupid and contrived,like this they made it fit in. Can't wait for the next one :)

Archived