What are you listening to V

Sci-2

Babel. Mumford & Sons' new album.

Suprisingly good one, that.

Thirded. Until this past week, I had heard of them, but knew only one or two of their songs. But I'd been seeing ads for the new CD everywhere, and decided to youtube a few videos to check them out. Holy hell, why didn't I discover these guys sooner?! In any case, I've now bought both Babel and Sigh No More.

I haven't listened to every track yet, but so far my favorites from Babel are "Not with Haste" and "I Will Wait" and favorite from Sigh No More is "White Blank Page."

Basically, tug at my heart strings and you get instant fangirl.

ETA: Xray, if you see this, I am sorry for this backslide on my journey to become more metal. Mea culpa. ;-)

"I blame you for the moonlit sky

and the dream that died

with the eagles' flight

I blame you for the moonlit nights

when I wonder why

are the seas still dry?

don't blame this sleeping satellite..."

Covers:

Been on a Godspeed You! Black Emperor/A Silver Mt. Zion binge since the former announced the other day their first album in over a decade. So excited!

You and I both. Apparently they've been selling it at shows lately. I've been scrounging the interwebs for someone selling a copy of it. No luck so far.

by Childish Gambino/Donald Glover. I heard this on Nerdist and now I can't stop listening to it. At first it sounds like something a kid would sing (complete with rap's general pomposity), but it grows on you.

Damn, bloggers argue over whether or not I'm serious

This is Nas's Illmatic, not Eddie Murphy's Delirious.

I'm avoiding the Adele song until I watch the movie , everyone seems to like it.

I've finally started to appreciate Boxer by The National, I've been listening to it on and off for a couple of months and I'm quite sure that "fake empire " is my favorite off that album .

Don't care for that Mumford and Sons album though , maybe I need to give it more time

Archived