Worst possible ending for you

TheZone

Varys wins. The Targaryens, Lannisters and Starks never realise that they were pawns. LS kills Jaime and Brienne. Tyrion is devoured by dragons while trying to save Penny. The dothraki kill Drogon and Dany suffers Eroeh's fate. Melisandre burns Theon and Asha. Jeyne Poole kills herself. LF marries Sansa to Harry but he takes her maidenhead first. Arya fails to kill a target and is instead killed. Blackfish is forgotten. Margaery gets knocked up and then has Tommen killed. Olenna never gets what she deserves for being a manipulative bitch. Pod and Ser Hyle are dead. Aegon marries Margaery. The Others come but it turns out that south of the wall they melt. Randyll Tarly finds out about Gilly and has his men to rape her, so as to teach Sam a lesson. Sam goes crazy and kills his father and Dickon. Davos discovers that Rickon is a cannibal and ate Osha. Roose Bolton and Ramsay never get the punishment they deserve.

Worst possible ending? Seconds before the climactic ending, GRRM interrupts with the second coming of the Valyrian Doom. Everybody dies. GRRM laughs maniacally.

Alternatively.

GRRM dies, the books go unfinished, ASOIAF addicts are left to speculate endlessly about how things would've ended. Several fan versions will become popular, each with its own weird irritating qualities, again fueling further fan division and hate...ugh.

Worst possible ending for me would be any one or combination of Littlefinger, Varys and Illyrio "winning."

Daenerys sitting the Iron Throne.

Any of these will make me very sad. Of course GRRM not finishing the series (for whatever reason) would be much, much worse, but that's not the question here.

Also, for the OP: *shudder* at your scenario!

Jon turns out to be AA and the son of R+L (boring!!!)

I would like to say that while R+L=J may be boring to many of the people on these and similar boards, I think most "ordinary" readers will be surprised. We're jaded :) Of course you're still allowed to find it boring :)

I would completely disown the series if...

• Dany sits the Iron Throne
  • All the remaining Starks die
  • Stannis is killed by the Boltons
  • Cersei does not die
  • Daario does not die

Ramsey , Walder Frey, and Sherieen Baratheon are the only survivors of the Other Invation, and they try to repopulate the earth. *shudders*

What's so bad about Shireen?

Archived