Horn of Winter = The horn Victorian has.

Davos' fingertip

'Euron's gifts are poisoned' GRRM keeps mentioning this. Now Euron gave Victorian the horn, but we can't be sure its the same horn he blew at the Kingsmoot, even if it is, it could be a lie that it binds dragons. Victorian has already figured out that blowing the horn kills the person who blows it, and i don't think Euron is stupid enough to believe Victorian wouldn't have figured that out, so why did he give Victorian the horn? It would be stupid to give that horn to his brother, if it did actually work. i think this 'poisonous' gift is that it is actually the Horn of Winter. Who knows, maybe Euron wants Westeros overrun with The Others because of some secret agenda? Or maybe he's waiting for everyone to die so he can claim the throne for himself?

I also think this is the case because we're on to the sixth book and all the horns that were supposed to be 'the horn of winter' have been actually fake, so IMO it would only make sense for a horn that isn't supposed to be the horn of winter, to turn out to be just that.

'Euron's gifts are poisoned' GRRM keeps mentioning this. Now Euron gave Victorian the horn, but we can't be sure its the same horn he blew at the Kingsmoot, even if it is, it could be a lie that it binds dragons. Victorian has already figured out that blowing the horn kills the person who blows it, and i don't think Euron is stupid enough to believe Victorian wouldn't have figured that out, so why did he give Victorian the horn? It would be stupid to give that horn to his brother, if it did actually work. i think this 'poisonous' gift is that it is actually the Horn of Winter. Who knows, maybe Euron wants Westeros overrun with The Others because of some secret agenda? Or maybe he's waiting for everyone to die so he can claim the throne for himself?

I also think this is the case because we're on to the sixth book and all the horns that were supposed to be 'the horn of winter' have been actually fake, so IMO it would only make sense for a horn that isn't supposed to be the horn of winter, to turn out to be just that.

I doubt that Euron even believes in the Others as he is down south. I am not sure that he would know about the horn of winter and if he did, how he would know he found it. Also does that mean that Victarian's red priest lied to him about what the Vylarian letterings said on the horn in his possession?

Dany knows that the Valyrians used horns to control the dragons, which allowed flying on them. She hopped on the back of Drogon already, but found it.. quite hard to control it. Why? Because she did not have a Valyrian horn. The one Victarion has with him is known to burn the insides of the men who blow it. Daenerys on the other hand can not be hurt by fire.. It's quite clear and I do not think it has anything to do with the Horn of Joramun. Some secret plot forged between Euron and the Others seems to be out of the question, so I am sticking with the obvious theory.

I doubt that Euron even believes in the Others as he is down south. I am not sure that he would know about the horn of winter and if he did, how he would know he found it. Also does that mean that Victarian's red priest lied to him about what the Vylarian letterings said on the horn in his possession?

Euron's been off to lots a places tho.....

Yeah, it would mean that Moqorro lied since Horn of Winter tears down Wall. I don't think it would als bind dragons to its will.

It's an interesting idea, but I see it as being the dragon horn. I'm more interested to see if a) it works and B) if the horn that summons Krakens is going to crop up.

I agree that the horn Jon found is the HoW, stashed away by Benjen. I'm thinking Benjen will return (alive) and connect those dots for Jon (who is either still alive or resurrected).

OR

Just had this thought. Sam returns to the wall for some reason (maybe discovers something of vast importance at the citadel). He's on top of the wall for whatever reason, and sees a lone ranger returning (Benjen). He just happens to have the horn with him, and, ya know, one blow for a returning ranger, and Sam quite by accident destroys the wall. Classic Sam lol.

Euron's been off to lots a places tho.....

No way Euron will go beyond the wall to find the horn of winter because first of all they do not know the north and secondly how will they know where the horn is?

I agree that the horn Jon found is the HoW, stashed away by Benjen. I'm thinking Benjen will return (alive) and connect those dots for Jon (who is either still alive or resurrected).

I still think cold hands is benjen.

I'm pretty convinced Sam has the Horn of Winter, and he'll probably realize he's got it while studying at the Citadel.

As for the Horde Euron have Victarian, I'm thinking Victarian doesn't understand what it actually takes to bind the horn to an owner...but Euron does and has in fact already bound it to himself. So when the horn is blown, one of the dragons will simply take off and fly to the Iron Isles, leaving Victarian repeatedly punching himself for thinking anything else could of possibly happened.

The one Victarion has with him is known to burn the insides of the men who blow it. Daenerys on the other hand can not be hurt by fire.

Dany is not fire-proof, GRRM said so in an interview

Proof: http://web.archive.org/web/20001005212114/eventhorizon.com/sfzine/chats/transcripts/031899.html

In regards to the Horn. It's an interesting thought that the Horn Vic possesses is the Horn of Winter. However, I think it makes more sense if:

- The Horn Victarion has is a real Dragon Horn. Euron gave Vic the horn because he didn't know if it'll work, and better that Vic be the one nearby when it fails if it does fail. However, if the Horn succeeds then Euron can backstab Vic and claim the dragons for himself. Win-Win for Euron; the only thing he didn't count on was Moqorro and Vic's new Demon Arm. I predict that the Dragon Horn will work and Euron will emerge from hiding on the Iron Victory to claim the Horn, but Vic will defeat him.

May be. But IIRC the runes on Victarion's/Euron's horn were Valyrian or at least eastern weren't they? The horn of winter would more likely be encarved with runes of the children or at least in the old tongue.

Also it says (if Moqorro is to be believed) that the horn is a "binder of dragons". Doesn't really sound like Joramun's horn.

Dany knows that the Valyrians used horns to control the dragons, which allowed flying on them. She hopped on the back of Drogon already, but found it.. quite hard to control it. Why? Because she did not have a Valyrian horn. The one Victarion has with him is known to burn the insides of the men who blow it. Daenerys on the other hand can not be hurt by fire.. It's quite clear and I do not think it has anything to do with the Horn of Joramun. Some secret plot forged between Euron and the Others seems to be out of the question, so I am sticking with the obvious theory.

Dany can be hurt by fire, example she is burnt by pulling out the spear that punctured Drogon. I have many possibilities for how her spell could have worked when she hatched the dragons, ex the fact that she killed drrogo, the fact that the dragon eggs were hers, the fact that she ordered mari daz mur killed, the fact that she killed drago's horse, the fact that she combined the ritual, there are many ways in which the dragon awakening worked.

He said the Targaryens are not fireproof, but did not mention anything about Dany. The birth of her dragons was unique, yes, but it was not the only time fire could not hurt her(f.e the scene at the fighting pits).

there you go. Also prescribes to Harland Flint.

Except for the "can't be burned by fire" I agree with you and other posters completely. Sam has the horh of jorramund, and victarions horn binds dragons to the owner of the horn, perhaps the owner has to kill whoever's blood is on the horn, meaning perhaps moqorro killed victarion?

I'm sorry, this annoys me to no end. Dany and Targaryens are NOT immune to fire. They dramaticize this in the HBO series unfortunately. The Birth of dragons was one-time occasion, not to be repeated. They are slightly heat-resistant however.

HOWEVER, I do believe the Horns were specifically enchanted and designed to be blown only by Targaryens, so only Targaryens can control dragons. The mere possesion of the horn after the horn is blown by anyone in the presence of dragons, that Victarion and Euron has been brought to believe, is utter bullshit.

I'm sorry, this annoys me to no end. Dany and Targaryens are NOT immune to fire. They dramaticize this in the HBO series unfortunately. The Birth of dragons was one-time occasion, not to be repeated. They are slightly heat-resistant however.

Dany can be hurt by fire, example she is burnt by pulling out the spear that punctured Drogon.

Slightly heat-resistant? As I earlier mentioned, people saw her hair burning when she left Meereen's arena, mounted on Drogon. It was Drogon who set her hair alight as far as I understood, and Dragonbreath is supposed to be way hotter than just normal fire; remember how the Iron Throne was made? I do not recall the spear aryagonnakill mentioned, but after a quick google search it is said that the spear had melted.There was no mention of Dany being hurt by the fire when pulling the spear out(except by Meereen's people), and just like during the birth of her dragons; she wasn't hurt by the fire even though her hair burned. Correct me if I am wrong.

The Horn of Winter is the horn that Ghost found while sniffing around the Fist of the First Men. It was wrapped up with a bunch of obsidian weapons within a black cloak. The horn was split, but looked very old IIRC. I think that horn is of huge significance, but no one in The Watch has figured it out yet.

Archived