Robert Arryn grinds my gears.

Rantz

Robert Arryn is not faking any of it, he has been brought up all twisted by an all twisted-up mother - and he's a creepy kid and I thoroughly dislike him. I do not consider kids to be a race apart, so that any and every kid by being a kid would be intrinsically good. I have met intrinsically nasty kids with perfectly normal (which does not mean perfect and without faults) parents. And I know adult people who come of families you would not believe existed, that have fought and developed into awesome persons that care for others and are true friends. And since for me kids are humans, nasty kids for me are nasty humans. I honor and deeply, people who dedicate their lives to turn nasty kids into tolerable human beings. I for one would not shed a tear to see Robet Arryn gone with the wind.

To me it all seems a bit sad to be honest. The worst part is knowing that any serious improvement on Robin's part is likely to result in his being killed by Littlefinger. He needs Robin to stay completely within his power and unable to produce any heirs of his own in order to solidify his own position. I think that it's heavily implied that the way that Lysa treats Robin is due in large part to the way in which Littlefinger has built up and played upon her sense of paranoia about losing Robin either to natural causes or outside forces. That said, Little Robin is definately a very hard person to like, due for the most part to his personality rather than his illnesses.

Before we met Robert I'm sure we were meant to think he should have gone to Dragonstone. But after seeing him in feast I get the feeling he'd have died at dragonstone. It's hardly the most hospitable castle, with all the rain and wind. And Stannis (part of the reason I love him) simply wouldn't have the patience for him. Although on second thought maybe not... proud/weakwing?

I'm haven't re-read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned Munchausen syndrome by proxy? This is starting to get too psychiatric/medical, I imagine, but considering her experience with Jon Arryn, who doesn't ever have seemed to be that loving, and her past with LF, and his fabricated "affair" with her...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchausen_syndrome_by_proxy

The evil feminazis, of course. Who else :-)

Not possible that it's the undefined "they" who are out to get me? Actually it's those who are the self-appointed consciences of humanity, scolding us insensitive beasts for not being bleeding hearts.

Now give Dany her rabbit ears back.

I think Sweet Robin isn't faking. Most of the time. I agree with most folks, he does fake I'm sure, but I also think he's got something wrong with him. Medically. His being leeched isn't helping. His being pampered isn't helping. His living cconditions isnt helping. His nutrition, or lack of, isn't helping. It's kind of Joffrey all over again.

I think Sweet Robin isn't faking. Most of the time. I agree with most folks, he does fake I'm sure, but I also think he's got something wrong with him. Medically. His being leeched isn't helping. His being pampered isn't helping. His living cconditions isnt helping. His nutrition, or lack of, isn't helping.

I like some of these conclusions. A change in most aspects of his lifestyle might turn him around. Teddy Roosevelt was sickly as a child but grew up to be a vigorous adult.

It's hard to work up sympathy for the character that we are presented with originally, but George is presenting other characters in a different light than first impressions gave. Jaime and Sandor are examples.

As much as I hate the little shit it's really not his fault. He was born with a difficult condition and then spoiled his entire life by a psychotic mother who told him he was never wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he learned to exaggerate his symptoms a little bit to get attention and sympathy.

This. And the problem is that there's no way to tell how much of his symptoms are real, how much is faked and how aware Robert is about his faking, or whether he would have grown out of it. At this point it's honestly too late to push the boundaries. He's fucked.

The whole things a great tangled mess. On the one hand I want Sansa and Harry to meet up and just see what happens. But if this all happens it's very likely LF will kill Robert. And whilst he's a little shit, I inherantly dislike LF and would feel bloody awful if a sickly child had to die for Sansa to move on with her arc. Which then leads me to think someone should look after Robert, unfortunately at this time it can only be Sansa, but she doesn't deserve to be stuck with him... :bang:

Either way looking forward to see what happens in the Vale itself, we've seen nowhere near enough of it.

I do not know why but I sometimes wish someone would bring this boy to Bear Island. I can see the Mormont ladies being the ideal guardians for him: A loving environment on the one hand, but also a certain amount of limits and discipline. Plus children around his own age. Of course this will never happen but I really would wish it to happen because I believe at this point there might still be a little hope for Sweetrobin to become a functional, if also a bit sickly*, adult

* If treated right I can see him having a good and productive life despite of his illness. I mean people like Roosevelt, Kennedy or Caesar have also suffered from grave illnesse but that did not stop them..

Btw, does someone know why this thread has been locked?

Is it really all that bad to wish Robert Arryn's death? He enjoys watching people being thrown from a mountain top to their deaths, innocent or no. If he survives to be a Great Lord that can make his own decisions, imagine how many people he's going to ruin/kill/torture.

He's still a child though, and not even a Joffrey. It seems a bit cruel/in poor taste to wish for his death. Also, mods locked a thread the other day when this sentiment was brought up, so I'd suggest that it be dropped.

He's still a child though, and not even a Joffrey. It seems a bit cruel/in poor taste to wish for his death. Also, mods locked a thread the other day when this sentiment was brought up, so I'd suggest that it be dropped.

Eh, his death would likely be of greater good to practically everyone than his life ever would, so there's that. But yeah, dropping subject.

:leaving:

Not possible that it's the undefined "they" who are out to get me? Actually it's those who are the self-appointed consciences of humanity, scolding us insensitive beasts for not being bleeding hearts.

Now give Dany her rabbit ears back.

It might have struck you that some posters-myself for instance-actually do live with a disability and continue to come across and combat misinformed idiots like you.

Archived