A question about Stannis

SimonSez

Stannis is mel's puppet and she is doomed, so therefore i believe stannis will either die with mel or give up his claim to Dany. Robert got the throne through schemes and plots not conquering on the battlefield.

Ahem bullshit.

No. the kingslayer and Tywins betrayal won him the crown and murdering children furthered his 15 mins of fame. Not honorably winning a war.

I think the war and Jamies role were equal in the usurping. Imagine the bloodshed of the undeployed 7 kingdoms army in kings landing and all the lords in the land have their banners at ready. Every person with an army would try to put a stake in the claim. it would be chaos. They had to subdue the realm before the could take the kingdom. Killing the king although a huge statement is by far the least significant part of what happened.

I think the war and Jamies role were equal in the usurping. Imagine the bloodshed of the undeployed 7 kingdoms army in kings landing and all the lords in the land have their banners at ready. Every person with an army would try to put a stake in the claim. it would be chaos. They had to subdue the realm before the could take the kingdom. Killing the king although a huge statement is by far the least significant part of what happened.

True, but all of these so called shortcuts is whats causing all of the current bloodshed. Lannister betrays targ, frey betrays stark...it just keeps going. I dont believe traitors should be recognized as royalty me myself, but to each his own.

Traitor is a word winners can use. outside of that it has no reference. every now and then a revolution is good for a society, it shakes things up and helps it evolve. but sometimes whores and liars like the lannisters take the reins and drive the world into chaos through a swollen ego

Stannis is mel's puppet and she is doomed, so therefore i believe stannis will either die with mel or give up his claim to Dany. Robert got the throne through schemes and plots not conquering on the battlefield.

I'm not sure... from what we have seen, Mel seems to be settling in at the Wall while Stannis, although still believing that he has to protect the realm in the north, seems to be moving away from Mel. We seem to be seeing more of the Stannis that Davos rememberes rather than the one who was about to burn Edric Storm. That's only my opinion but that is the impression he got. I don't know whether he'll survive or not- he might be just that grey mix who gets to survive to the end- but I don't think his fate is tied to Mel's. They may both die, or one or the other might die, but I can't see them dying together.

I'm not sure... from what we have seen, Mel seems to be settling in at the Wall while Stannis, although still believing that he has to protect the realm in the north, seems to be moving away from Mel. We seem to be seeing more of the Stannis that Davos rememberes rather than the one who was about to burn Edric Storm. That's only my opinion but that is the impression he got. I don't know whether he'll survive or not- he might be just that grey mix who gets to survive to the end- but I don't think his fate is tied to Mel's. They may both die, or one or the other might die, but I can't see them dying together.

i cant see mel surviving honestly. Between burning people and killing renly karmas bound to catch up with her..always does in stories like this. thats why i feel stannis putting too much faith in her will lead to his death.

I agree with the sentiments that Stannis will not take kindly to yet another claimant entering the war. His attitude will remain "Bend a knee or be destroyed". Dany and Stannis can not co-exist. Dany hates the Baratheons as usurpers, Stannis feels he is the rightful King. It will be war.

Traitor is a word winners can use. outside of that it has no reference. every now and then a revolution is good for a society, it shakes things up and helps it evolve. but sometimes whores and liars like the lannisters take the reins and drive the world into chaos through a swollen ego

Sure it does.

Noun: A person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.

Robert got the throne more through the help of traitors than conquering is all im saying.

Overthrowing the mad king wasnt a bad thing, but killing children to hold a crown is a whole different can of worms.

I agree with the sentiments that Stannis will not take kindly to yet another claimant entering the war. His attitude will remain "Bend a knee or be destroyed". Dany and Stannis can not co-exist. Dany hates the Baratheons as usurpers, Stannis feels he is the rightful King. It will be war.

I'm developing a suspicion that whether or not it is connected to Ice vs. Fire as has been suggested, Stannis and Dany could become involved in a massive and destructive war. He will not be moved and she (with her dragons) will not be stopped. The fallout could be immense.

I understand the meaning of the word. But they stood up for what they believed in. its more like a revolutionary.

definition ~ In politics, a revolutionary is someone who supports abrupt, rapid, and drastic change

Mel has a different role to play. she has been misinterpreting her visions. I think she will contribute in a whole new way

After the overthrone of her family and the fact that the alive Targs fled from Westeros, Dany lost any claim she could ever had (she herself said so). So if she ever come to Westeros she would be another pretender.Mel's Shadow baby fits her.

Dany is also a woman, and I believe that it has been established that a woman cannot rule Westeros, even if she can inherit other lands or titles.

I understand the meaning of the word. But they stood up for what they believed in. its more like a revolutionary.

definition ~ In politics, a revolutionary is someone who supports abrupt, rapid, and drastic change

Mel has a different role to play. she has been misinterpreting her visions. I think she will contribute in a whole new way

If killing children is what they believed is right, there will be no happy ending for baratheon. I wouldnt call killing the badguy to become the badguy revolution. Mel misinterpreting her visions doesnt change the fact that she is bad company, nobody "good" likes her..davos, Jon, sam etc. Theres a reason for that.

If/when Dany shows up in Westeros with her dragons and her claim, how will (King) Stannis react?

Thoughts?

I was thinking about this and how everyone would react to Dany.

Personally Stannis would be taken aback, but I imagine he would be fairly pragmatic much like Kevin was. He certainly wouldn't go "I'am dead." He will probably use Mels shadow babies to attempt to kill Daenerys. However, I'am not sure what Mels reaction will be once she discovers Danys existence. Every fire worshipperso far aware of Dany is certain shes AA. However Mel hasn't been the best fire prophet and she doesn't seem any more powerful than Moqorro. So Dany will possibly have some protection against such an attack.

ps. I'am gettin little tired of the assasination routine. I mean how many times has an assasian tried to kill her? But it'll probably be shadow babies and faceless men next book.

If killing children is what they believed is right, there will be no happy ending for baratheon. I wouldnt call killing the badguy to become the badguy isn't revolution. Mel misinterpreting her visions doesnt change the fact that she is bad company, nobody "good" likes her..davos, Jon, sam etc. Theres a reason for that.

Good or bad is subjective.

And in Aristocracies, killing heirs is a way to maintain peace when the kingdom switches hands

True. But I think that the fact that Targs were overthrone delete any claim.

Yeah, I agree, all I meant is that even if she wanted to press her claim, she can't rule anyway; not alone, at least, and even if she were married, technically her husband would be king, and in charge if I am not mistaken.

Archived