Titancon Reports

Fragile Bird

Just starting this up so people can report on the fa-bu-lous time we have all had at Titancon! Kudoos have to go out to Lord Mountain Goat and all the volunteers who made it such a wonderful event.

Probably what truly blessed this year's event was the fact that there wasn't a single drop of rain. We first-timers read about last year's downpour and we all made sure we had umbrellas and macs, but thank heavens they weren't needed. I can't imagine having the same kind of pleasure at the Giant's Causeway, scrambling up those rocks, if we were subject to the downpour they had a year ago. And making the one mile walk down to the harbour where the Pyke scenes were filmed would have been chilly indeed, and the quarry where Renly's encampment scenes were done.

While at Pyke a suggestion was made that Theon-style christenings be performed on the beach, so Targh performed the role of Damphair on Jonpot and Pod, among others. And not only are there pictures, but Little Miss Sunshine video taped all the ceremonies and they will be posted on You Tube and linked!

And at the site of the first season's Hand's tournament, Lord Mountain Goat called for a re-enactment of the infamous jousting scene, performed by Targh as horse with Peadar on his shoulders as jouster on one side, against another horse and rider performed by a couple whose names I hope someone can provide. I have some pictures to post of that monumental clash, but I think someone also has video.

I hope everyone with pictures will post and stories will be told about how neat it was to get up close and personal with various GOT actors and behind the scenes personnel. Charm and graciousness were shown by all.

We've just come back from a very full day's tour of GOT season two filming sights, ending with a marvellous pig roast. Jo and her band performed for us at the end with the exciting news flash that she and the band will be recording the songs of ASOIAF for a CD, and bigger news, videos will be made for the songs and a call is going out for extras to volunteer in San Antonio! Lannister zombies, among others, will be needed!

The bus ride home was very merry, with songs breaking out in boistrous fashion. I can assure you the view of Hedgerow popping up three rows in front of me and belting out "Galileo! Galileo!" as an awesome version of Bohemian Rhapsody was being performed was worth the price of attending Titancon. Damn, I should have taken a picture, but it happened too fast.

The after party is going on at Robinson's across the street from the Europa, so I need to go, but lots of people should be posting news over the next week or so.

And once again, thanks to Lord Mountain Goat for a fantastic con!

"Hodor Jousting", as it was called in the sense that no actual horses were present, made its first BwB appearance at Torcon, over nine years ago. It is as Archmaester Rigney said...

Hodor jousting? Are you telling me that when I cut the head from my horse that it wasn't an actual horse???

Oops.

I have a non-BwB write-up on my blog here.

By non-BwB, I mean, it doesn't contain important events such as the awarding of the exclusive "Hugged by Pebble" badges or the fact that Pod made us go the wrong way to the tourney field or the ceremonial drownings etc...

A few pics - none from the actual con day as I was volunteering all day and didn't even think about it!

We now have several drowned men... I was chosen as priest as I had the longest beard of those present at the time. I was even 'drowned' while going out onto the rocks to fill my coke bottle with seawater, as a wave got me. Authentic drowned priest or what? I think I was named the Nohair.

I wonder if we can get a custom board title for this? ;)

I didn't catch everyone's board names though... help me out!

http://img.photobuck...0BDCDA8CBB5.jpg

http://img.photobuck...0BDD8512CB8.jpg - Hornblower

http://img.photobuck...0BDE2A6F951.jpg - Pod

http://img.photobuck...0BDF6E7397D.jpg

http://img.photobuck...0BDECDB28F7.jpg - I was re-drowned by JonpoT - who was himself drowned but no one got a picture of that on my phone.

http://img.photobuck...0BE00FAEA3F.jpg - SamofTarth.

And me on top of the old lime cooker or whatever it was at Renly's carpark.

http://img.photobuck...0BE0C278F05.jpg

And Miltos at the Giant's Causeway.

http://img.photobuck...0BDC2C06CF6.jpg

Trying to work out why the embedded pics weren't working... they were fine in the preview...

Having to leave them as links for now, too tired to keep mucking about with the post.

More detailed report to come, but I just want to take this opotunity to call coach 2 lightweight splitters, Having to leave for the airport is no excuse to miss the fun.

and of course the front of coach 1 could not sing half as well as the back of the coach.

As to coach three? well you barely deserved the hugs I gave you. ;)

We now have several drowned men... I was chosen as priest as I had the longest beard of those present at the time. I was even 'drowned' while going out onto the rocks to fill my coke bottle with seawater, as a wave got me. Authentic drowned priest or what? I think I was named the Nohair.

I wonder if we can get a custom board title for this? ;)

I didn't catch everyone's board names though... help me out!

http://img.photobuck...0BDD8512CB8.jpg

That's my mate, he signed up today as Hornblower. As he promised he would do :lol: Such awesome photos, I have loads on my Facebook, will have to work out how to share them on here when I've actually had some sleep.

I've been back in Dublin for a couple hours now. I can just echo people with the good tidings (and if I don't post now, i'll never get round to it...which is my usual fashion). It was a lot of fun. I don't know the board names of most people (and those that I do know, I may have mixed up or they may not even have board names). But it was great to see people where ever they came from. People have already touched upon some of the highlights but more anon...

and of course the front of coach 1 could not sing half as well as the back of the coach.

Mayhaps but given the amazing performance from Hedgegrow, agent, Jonpot and Targh...I think we have you beat. I couldn't judge the quality of the singing but it certainly kicked ass. :thumbsup:

Jousting was great. And we'll hear more about the epic walk. After 10 minutes of "I wonder are we going in the wrong direction", we were told that we were indeed going in the wrong direction.

A great performance from Jo/Sorcha and band. Jo was a legend all weekend of course. Except for certain events which shall go unmentioned!

Been drowned was a lot better than I expected, although I shouldn't have shouted lets go reaping after that. Reaving is something completely different. And walking across the rocking rocks of doom. How I thought that was a good idea I don't know...but I didn't amazingly fall facedown into the water...

I give LittleMissSunshine credit for her valiant attempts to get me to sing. And she definitely should have joined the Masquerade! A few of us did make an attempt of Rains of Castamere but well...we are no Trebla. Special kudos to Targh, SamanthaofTarth and Big T for taking the long way round the Giants Causeway. And thanks to Peadar for shouting at us to jump. :P jonPot and Targh killed me all week but it was a lot of fun to hang out with them.

Great work from Silverjaime (I may not have been the best runner ever!), Speculator (always there to stop us going amok) and all the Belfast crew for their work. They kept in great cheer through the whole weekend after a huge amount of work.

I also ended up with a camera. Late one night it seemed a good idea to give me a camera. I did keep it safe but its going to take a long road back to its owner! Speaking of that owner (ok, I only know real name here. How did this not come up???) the two of us did a great job getting things together for the party. Silver felt pen bedamned. :P

It was brilliant to meet a lot of people from Eastercon again. Targh, jonpot, Kissed by Fire (be proud of the red hair and apologies again for the water accident) and Eira (the Irish name will ever confuse me but very cool) and HamsterofDoom(our expert in all things bloody in medieval times). And there was people from other Belfast events. Rabbit (tireless), JacMac (more great organising). And FragileBird from Chicago. She is going to enjoy an 11 day cruise in the Med...so way too jealous of that. :)

Qthulhu is the man. And brings us food!

I have known others for years. Williamjm helped me not lose the run of myself. McGeek and Eloisa hosted a great spoilers review...even if I can't agree with some of their views. :P And Pebble...what to say about Pebble. :P I think we need to keep her under lock and key!

And I am missing many more and don't know board names for others. But as I started off...was great to see you all. :)

Last but not least...congrats again to MountainGoat. Amazing work on this.

So... everyone left and williamjm, Eira and myself were left here in Belfast all alone and and missing our Brothers. We had heard there was to be a GoT pub quiz, and decided to go. We're happy Bruce decided to come too.

Before the quiz started we had a chat about what should be our strategy. We were feeling fairly confident we'd have a good performance, but was it going to be good enough? And what should we tell the world (you guys) afterwards?

Our decision was to share and celebrate if we won. And if we didn't, we'd just blame Pod.

And now, after all's been said and done, I'm happy to give Pod the news that he isn't to blame for anything - well, not tonight anyways.

Yes, we did win; beautifully, I might add.

After a totally awesome and amazing con (Phil, Lis, and everyone else  involved: :bowdown: you guys rule!); when we're just starting to get the post-con blues (as Peadar so aptly described it), it was great to win this and end the weekend on such a high note.

We really, really wish you'd all been physically present - but you were all on our minds, and this was a Brotherhood Without Banners win.

Oh, one last thing... Our team's name? "The Brotherhood Without Banners".

:)

I give LittleMissSunshine credit for her valiant attempts to get me to sing. And she definitely should have joined the Masquerade! A few of us did make an attempt of Rains of Castamere but well...we are no Trebla. Special kudos to Targh, SamanthaofTarth and Big T for taking the long way round the Giants Causeway. And thanks to Peadar for shouting at us to jump. :P jonPot and Targh killed me all week but it was a lot of fun to hang out with them.

Soon, Pod, soon... :devil:

I just wanna thank everyone once again for the awesome time I had during these last 3 days! It was a pleasure to meet all of you face-to-face, and to get some of you to sing "Soft Kitty" (I'll upload that aswell)! :lol:

I'll try to upload the baptism videos and the jousting one (yes, I do have it :smug: ) as soon as possible :)

gutted sundays coach tour was sold out... although the hangover i had was pretty extreme from saturday night, cant remember leaving the europa. Was a fun event though and appoligies to anybody i may have drunkenly offended... my bad! :D

I'm not sure where to start... So many great events and awesome people to mention, I'm bound to forget some. I'm probably also getting a few board names wrong, and for that I blame Pod.

LMG, Silverjaime, Lis, Bruce, Ian, and everyone on the committee and all the volunteers, you guys were brilliant, I had such a great time. You totally rocked, and I can't wait for TitanCon 2013!

Targh, JonPot, Pod, you guys made me laugh pretty much the whole time i was near you - the coach trip was excellent, it was a pleasure to be seated near you.

Peadar, , I'm so happy I have my copy of "The Deserter", thank you! Also, you are the best MC!

Jo & co: you guys were fabulous, as always! Thank you, thank you thank you!

Pebble, you kept at least two traditions alive: fantastic costumes, and of course the most hilarious stories with the random hugs to and from random people! :lol:

FB, Little Miss Sunshine, Dracarya and friends: so great to meet you in person, you're all lovely and it was a privilege to have spent time with you all. I'm also happy Drac's friends won the dinner  with Miltos - a great prize, and it stayed 'in the family'. And you found the Stark badge I had lost, I'm forever in your debt, and I still owe you that beer! :grouphug:

It was also great to have the opportunity to say 'hi' to a few more lovely people I haven't really had the chance to talk to at EasterCon, like Eloisa, MCGeek, SamanthaofTarth, and many more.

williammj, I couldn't have wished for a better team mate for the pub quiz! The speed in which you answered the second picture round (name the characters and the actors) was blindingly fast, awesome! Monday evening was great fun, thank you for that!

Adz, i wish you'd been there, you were missed! :(

I'm sure I'm forgetting loads of people... :(

I have some pics that I'll upload and link at some point this week (hopefully).

And lastly, what about that weather, ye of little faith? Ok, so it wasn't really a tropical sunshine, but I got to use the sunscreen I brought! :P

:cheers:

ps: Eira, I didn't mention you before... But you know you're the best roomie ever, right? And we too have our little room-sharing tradition now, I'm really looking forward to next time! :kiss:

Quick note here as I hope to blog a longer report later (with pics).

Firstly it was (as always) a pleasure to work TitanCon as the attendees all seem to enjoy themselves and take any knock backs (slight detour to the tourney grounds) with good humour. Everyone behaved brilliantly and were there for a good time which makes the organising and running so much easier. So thanks to you all and glad it went smoothly.

Hope to see the talks on video since I never caught any this year but if I don't it doesn't matter as I still had a brilliant time.

Jackie - ps. here's Coach 1 rocking it out ;)

Jackie - ps. here's Coach 1 rocking it out ;)

:lmao: It sounded much better in person!

FB, Little Miss Sunshine, Dracarya and friends: so great to meet you in person, you're all lovely and it was a privilege to have spent time with you all. I'm also happy Drac's friends won the dinner  with Miltos - a great prize, and it stayed 'in the family'. And you found the Stark badge I had lost, I'm forever in your debt, and I still owe you that beer! :grouphug:

That was so weird, finding that badge! It was so lovely to meet you, can't wait to see you again in October!

I'm still jealous of those guys winning that dinner, that was some major luck! They really can blame Pod for that, seeing as they only got it because of him! :lol:

I'll watch youtube stuff later on. In semi-dread! Its good that I don't know the words for most songs though. :)

And now, after all's been said and done, I'm happy to give Pod the news that he isn't to blame for anything - well, not tonight anyways.

Yes, we did win; beautifully, I might add.

Congrats! I'm impressed. Although williamjm has been known to be amazing in quizes.

They really can blame Pod for that, seeing as they only got it because of him! :lol:

Yes. For a few minutes, they were forever in my debt. After the post dinner glow had faded, I had lost another couple of loyal supporters. I have a much better understanding of Dany now...

It was a pleasure to meet all of you face-to-face, and to get some of you to sing "Soft Kitty" (I'll upload that aswell)! :lol:

I did wonder Is Fields of Athenry that associated with Ireland. Outside Ireland (and maybe people that really know their rugby), I would have thought nobody would have ever heard of it.

After signing up yesterday evening I have had to wait until now to become validated. But the wait has been worth it, and with my very first post may i congratulate all of the team who organised such a fantastic weekend (i'm afraid i don't know anybodies forum names!! :dunce: ) Thanks to all the new friends that i have made for a fantastic weekend.

If anyone is reading this and struggling to put a face to my tales, you can know me as: "One of Dracarya's friends" "That guy whose Girlfriend won dinner with Miltos and he just kinda tagged along" or "one of the guys who was baptised to the drowned god"

Any of you still struggling Targh posted this photo of me: http://img.photobuck...0BDD8512CB8.jpg

As I mentioned before i cannot convey my thanks to everyone who made my weekend the best weekend of my life (so far).

Now to learn how to use this forum....

Archived