Titancon Reports

Fragile Bird

Yes. For a few minutes, they were forever in my debt. After the post dinner glow had faded, I had lost another couple of loyal supporters. I have a much better understanding of Dany now...

You will never loose our support Pod :bowdown: .

As per my promise at TitanCon i shall attempt to found the Pod Protection Society (PPS) just as soon as i work out the complexities of this forum :dunno: :dunce:

You will never loose our support Pod :bowdown: .

As per my promise at TitanCon i shall attempt to found the Pod Protection Society (PPS) just as soon as i work out the complexities of this forum :dunno: :dunce:

Would you protect Hitler? Genghis Khan? I bet you would! :ack:

Friday – Landed at City airport early and tried to check in at the Days at 10:15am. Ok I knew they wouldn’t have my room ready but thought I could do the paperwork. I was able to drop the bag off and told to come back for 11.

So with time to kill I popped into the Europa wondering is anyone was around. Grabbed a cup of Tea at Nero’s before heading back to Days. No Room Available come back at 12. Purchased the Aluminium foil for the Pie base, then ran into (literary I did run) then Leapt and threw my arms around Pod to give him a mega hug as he was the first board member I saw. And I was kinda screaming/shouting “Pod, wow you’ve lost weight”. (This is me being polite; I’m worried Pod might suffer from anorexia). Only to slowly realise the person I’m hugging is actually shaking presumably with fear.

While still Hugging and squeezing him half to deaf I ask “You’re not Pod are you?”

The Impodster squeaks out this tiny “no”.

I relax my grip a bit “You’ve got no idea who Pod is do you?”

“no”

“Oh, Okay” I let go “have a nice day”

The Inpodster takes three wary steps backwards never taking his eyes off me. Before legging it into the shopping mall.

Less than 5 minutes later I meet up with the real Pod and Liz? This time I give a much more restrained hug and Promptly Blame him for me scaring the shite out of that poor man.

The three of us then go shopping for pretty boxes, silver sharpies (not found) various Bloody body parts, Cash Boxes, string and sellotape. When we got back my room at the days was still not available and I was told to come back at about 1:30pm. I did however meet up with Fragile bird and Eira who kindly let me store the costume parts in their room. And thank you Fragile for the replacement Not-hula-hoops, they worked wonderfully even if by then end of Saturday night there was an Art shaped dent in the pie. After grabbing some food at Robinsons and picking up our Con badges and trying to annoy the mountain goat. I left to demand a room and construct the Pie.

Well my room in days was still not available. They had kept giving it to other people, finally they moved me into a work zone room (which I think is a bigger and better room) and I started making the hoops. I don’t think I was there long before I got a call saying Mountain Goat is begging me to help him out.

Back to Europa, someone tells me Mchuges is near the clock tower just opposite the bus Station. Whoever this person was Lying. Its near (but a few streets away from) the Bus station and right by the clock tower. This is why whenever I gave directions and marked the map for people I put the X in the wrong place. Its ok, Just Blame Pod, I’m sure he was behind it.

After about an hour Kissed and I was relieved by JonPot and Targth who took over maning the desk. I hope they gave out better directions. Back at the hotel, Kissed helps me construct the Pie Frame and suspends it around me. Before draping the “pastry” and started sowing the various bloodly body parts. We are nearly finished when Eira knocks on the door and we leave to get some food.

We planned to eat in Mchuges (which for the reason mentioned above took a bit of finding) also there were no tables available. We did manage to find somewhere nearby to eat. By the time we joined in at Mchuges we had missed all the readings, but we did get there just before Art and Miltos arrived. Had a wonderful but too brief time in Mchuges, tried but failed to collect more random body parts, and joined in with the Soft kitty rendition before I needed to collapse and find my bed.

Early Saturday morning - it’s still dark, I woke up and screamed as the only thing I could see was this gruesome blob staring at me, as the crack of light from the gap in the curtains illuminated the Pie.

I’ll tell you about the rest of Saturday and Sunday in another post to come.

Just wanted to thank all the people responsible for titancon. This was my second time attending and again it was superb.

Everyone was so friendly and coming from belfast myself i was so proud to see something like this take place in my home town.

To all the very friendly people i met over the weekend may we meet again.

I also will never forget meeting and spending most of sunday with dave lally a true gentleman very entertaining and just to funny who has convinced me to come to london in 2014 for worldcon (i just can't say no to him)

Thank you one and all for making my first Titancon a truly awesome experience. It was really great to meet so many new people and of course to catch up with so many old friends from past events.

I thoroughly enjoyed the con itself, especially bossing people around as a volunteer, but my fondest memories are of the excellent coach tour. Every short hop was made all the more interesting by the people around me, and the singing for our last (too) short hop was legendary... The front of the coach definitely sang better than the back... Well, maybe not better but louder :)

It was also really nice to get an unexpected but enthusiastic farewell from Pebble, Sam, Pod and Mr and Mrs McGeek as Targh and I headed for the station.

Thanks again everyone. Mr Lord Mountain Goat and the rest of the committee you are all legends!

A few pics from the weekend :)

Let me know if you want a pic removed. I have not named anyone or commented anything. You know who you are and what you are called right?

I like the ones from the tourney ground, and the Frey Pie meet Art collision especially :lol:

And Targh, yes that was an awesome pic of you, just as I said it was. A special thanks to Pebble, Kissd, Pod, JonpoT and Targh for putting up with me and my paparazzi tendencies, you are the best! :grouphug:

ETA: I put a few descriptions up for the pics now.

Hello all, just to join the thanks to the organisers and fellow BwBs for an excellent con & coachtour! A truly memorable cultural experience - Pebble as Frey pie was magnificent; not to mention JonpoT's one-page tragedy for the charity comic book, the awesome beards of the extras, the generous person who shared his mead with us, and of course the superb rendering of Bohemian Rhapsody on Coach 1 ...

Sorry I had to sneak out early on Sun; hope to see many of you soon in London!

(Still undecided on the PPS.)

To echo what others have said in this thread, I thought Titancon was great fun, and I think it equalled last year's convention. It was great to meet up again with those of you I've met before as well as the people I hadn't met before, hopefully I'll see you all again before too long. The coach tour was probably the highlight, the Giant's Causeway and Ballintoy Harbour were both great locations to visit and the feast and evening entertainment were very good as well. Thanks to all the organisers and the people involved in making it all happen.

Probably what truly blessed this year's event was the fact that there wasn't a single drop of rain. We first-timers read about last year's downpour and we all made sure we had umbrellas and macs, but thank heavens they weren't needed. I can't imagine having the same kind of pleasure at the Giant's Causeway, scrambling up those rocks, if we were subject to the downpour they had a year ago. And making the one mile walk down to the harbour where the Pyke scenes were filmed would have been chilly indeed, and the quarry where Renly's encampment scenes were done.

I think the Monday emphasised how lucky we were, since there was torrential rain all day and it would have been horrendous walking along the coast in that weather.

Trying to work out why the embedded pics weren't working... they were fine in the preview...

Having to leave them as links for now, too tired to keep mucking about with the post.

I think only administrators can embed pics on the board.

Speaking of that owner (ok, I only know real name here. How did this not come up???) the two of us did a great job getting things together for the party. Silver felt pen bedamned. :P

I think the quest for the silver pen was an epic in itself covering multiple countries - the pens were eventually purchased in Dundee.

So... everyone left and williamjm, Eira and myself were left here in Belfast all alone and and missing our Brothers. We had heard there was to be a GoT pub quiz, and decided to go. We're happy Bruce decided to come too.

The quiz was great fun, despite it being so popular that we couldn't find anywhere to sit (I think there were about 20 teams in total in a relatively small pub). I think something similar could be a good addition to the TitanCon program in future.

:lmao: It sounded much better in person!

I think something must be wrong with JacMac's camera, that's the only explanation for it...

A few pics from the weekend :)

I particularly like the picture of us all looking happy crossing that bridge, with no idea of the long walk that awaits us.

now I think my legs have recovered and I've had enough sleep I'd like to echo all the thanks to the committee for a wonderful weekend! I'm very much enjoying my Doorways book won in the raffle, and am looking for an opportunity to wear my dothraki-style leather beaded armband thinger that I made :) the tour was fantastic good fun and it was wonderful to see Giant's Causeway & Ballintoy. Can't wait for the next one, and hoping to try make some more of the London meets throughout the year if possible!

I thin blaming LMG or i think he many now be Prinemountaingoat??? PMG? i dunno... whatever. but they were his instructions that he received wrongly.... Mabye we should just curse the gods and be done with it. I think the drowned god was unhappy that his new converts were so far from the sea ;)

Archived