Rhaegar's final words

Danelle

When I read just the title of this thread, I had a sudden realization it might have been Visenya. I click on it and my thoughts from a second ago are in the OP :) Yes, it could have been Visenya, but we need more evidence on whether he truly loved Lyanna. Was he more obsessed with the prophecy or with her? For now, the more likely of the two is Lyanna, if only to add dramatism because the fight was between Rhaegar and Robert.

Ι like the way you think! :cool4:

Although I believe that Rhaegar and Lyanna fell in love and eloped together, I think that Rhaegar was a lot like his sister. He focused on the prophecy exactly like Dany focused on taking the Iron Throne. Perhaps his relationship to Elia was similar to Dany/Drogo. In any case Rhaegar was a Targaryen and even the best and finest of his family tend to be fascinated with magic and prophecies, including Maester Aemon. This is why I like to believe that the name was Visenya, his unborn daughter mayhaps. If it was Lyanna wouldn't Robert have mentioned it?

We know Viserys had been Dany stories about their family and what happened to them which were skewed in the Targ's favor and aren't always very true. That's why she thinks of "Her brother Rhaegar battling the Usurper in the bloody waters of the Trident and dying for the woman he loved." If he had said Lyanna, then that would have confirmed her brother's lies about Rhaegar being some romantic hero and the name would have been noted rather then just categorized as "a woman's name." Because there were no living Visenya's at the time, she had no person he might have known to connect it to.

Exactly, plus Viserys was a lot like his great uncle Aerion, lot of smoke but no true fire. Not to mention that we still don't know Rhaegar and Lyanna's whereabout between her abduction and the battle at the Trident. Where were they when Jon Con fought against Robert and lost?

The most reasonable answer is Lyanna I guess. But then Daenerys would know about Lyanna and the story of their elopement and how it triggered the war that ended her family.

So maybe the name she heard in the HotU vision was a name she didn't know it's owner.

I had almost forgotten about the name she heard in HotU, can someone post the exact sentence?

3, He was actually having prophetic vision and it was some female that will be important in the fight against the Others

Could it be Daenerys? But then Daenerys would have recognised her own name. Or Nissa Nissa? This is almost crackpot though, but does Dany know about AA? Old Nan told the Stark kids stories but Dany she had to rely on Viserys. Did her brother ever explained the prophecy to her?

Maybe during her vision Rhaegar was seeing a grow version of his sister?

I think that in that scene in HotU Rhaegar in past was actually seeing Daenerys and thought that she must be his second daughter. But if he had one vision he could have more.

I think that in that scene in HotU Rhaegar in past was actually seeing Daenerys and thought that she must be his second daughter. But if he had one vision he could have more.

When Dany saw Rhaegar, Elia and Aegon I think that at some point he gazed back at Dany, are you referring to that? Are you suggesting that Rhaegar got a glimpse of a silver haired, purple eyed girl and thought that it was his daughter? Then again Rhaenys took after Elia and she was a brunette and after giving birth to Aegon, his wife was weak but the dragon has three heads and Rhaegar will have another daughter. And then he is invited to a tourney at Harrenhal. This is interesting.

When Dany saw Rhaegar, Elia and Aegon I think that at some point he gazed back at Dany, are you referring to that? Are you suggesting that Rhaegar got a glimpse of a silver haired, purple eyed girl and thought that it was his daughter? Then again Rhaenys took after Elia and she was a brunette and after giving birth to Aegon, his wife was weak but the dragon has three heads and Rhaegar will have another daughter. And then he is invited to a tourney at Harrenhal. This is interesting.

Yes and yes. Besides Aegon had a Targ look.

Yes and yes. Besides Aegon had a Targ look.

Actually, this sounds quite plausible. It explains a lot of things and makes Rhaegar's motives more tragic. Also makes me wonder that if Daenerys had not been at HotU then Robert's rebellion would have never taken place. In From Hell, at the end of the story, Sir William Whitey Gull slips in time and has a vision of London in past, present and future and it reminded me of what Dany experienced at HotU.

Same concept but i was suggesting when Dany had the vison of Rhaegar dying on the trident maybe he looked up and saw her while she was seeing him in the same way....and called her name.

Archived