'The Winds Of Winter' Death Predictions

Queen of Whores

this is cool prediction thread!

who i think could die, but hopefully won't:

Ser Barristan

Jojen

Tormund

Brienne

Jon Snow (i want him alive, not as a white walker, resurrected by Mel, undead, or whatever, but that is not likely to happen, so if he can't be alive like a normal person, i'd rather have him dead :(( )

Arya (i know it's out of a blue, but i think she's in very strange position in the story...she's obviously struggeling with her identity, i guess she'll betray FM, leave braavos and FM will get her godfather style, noone betrays us without paying,...)

who i hope will finally die:

Daario (if not, i'm gonna kill him myself)

Roose Bolton (i'd bet on this one, i think ramsay is the "escaper")

Hizdahr

Ser Meryn and/or Ser Boros (fuck the kingsguard)

Queen Selyse (and shave her the bloody mustache!)

Robert Arryn (that little piece of titty-sucker!)

who is most likely going to die, but i don't have any perticular feeling about it:

Theon (i'd be willing to bet that he will commit suicide if stannis won't behead him for killing Bran and Rickon...death would be mercy for him, really)

Victarion

Tommen

Myrcella

Jon Connington

Doran Martell

Mace Tyrell

there are too many people, GRRM knows it as much as we do, so he's going to do the cleaning maintenance, but he can't kill Tormund, unacceptable!! har!

If I were to venture a guess or two....

LF and Sweetrobin, the former because sansa puts him killing latter

Daario

Victarion

Roose, but not Ramsey

A decent chunk of Freys

So many people in Mereen. Except for Tyrion, anyone who wasn't with Dany when she first got there is toast.

I don’t think that Randyll Tarly will die. He’s the general of that army, and comes from an important house – he’s worth more as a prisoner/hostage. Furthermore, I don’t think that any commander has died in battle since Rhaegar – and his death was the exception, rather than the rule.

Also, I disagree about killing all the Freys. IIRC some of them actually became close with the Northerners and were for that reason sent out of Lord Walder's hall some time before the RW began. I think that in the end, one of them should become the Lord of the house.

Also, I disagree about killing all the Freys. IIRC some of them actually became close with the Northerners and were for that reason sent out of Lord Walder's hall some time before the RW began. I think that in the end, one of them should become the Lord of the house.

I prefer the phrasing that the person before you took- "a decent chunk of Freys." There are a few good ones in there, but a nice chunk of them need to be taken out! And I think most Frey slaughtering will take place during TWoW. The gods know there's too many as is...

And while I'm almost positive Arya's gonna die, I think it'll be in the second half of the last book. GRRM has mentioned a "bittersweet" ending, and I think her death will be the bitter part of it.

Ahhhh so much to respond too. Alright well i guess i KINDA see why everyone thinks Vic Greyjoys going to die, but i just dont see it happening( Not to say hes going to marry dany) but i just dont think hes done yet. Theons definatly going to die in book 6 maybe not right away be hes already dead. JonC will probably die, but again hes still got stuff too do so i dont think hes going anywhere too soon. Cersei is a goner, yeah robert strong will win the fight, but shit prophicies say shes going to be killed by tyrion( which i refuse to believe anything else ). House Lannister is going to be exstinct.( I love jamie but im sorry i just dont see him surviving that in any way) maybe tyrion will pull it through but im thinking thats G.R.R's Bitter ending. Jojens dead. I like the thing said about Mel, G.R.R. has been hinting at how much her magic drains her, and beric had given his life to Catelyn who i also hope dies in this book but probably wont. Euron is dead. So many more thats all i want to put out there atm though haha.

I don't know why everyone thinks Theon is going to die.

The author has set it up too likely for his death.... will it really be that enjoyable seeing Theon die at this point? I think its TOO likely to happen, and that the author is going to torture him even more xD

As someone else said, he at least needs to see another Stark before his demise... I can't see him dieing by the hands of anyone else but a Stark if he dies at all at this point. I really think that for Theon to still be alive at this point that the author will leave him around for the long haul (unless he plans on killing EVERYONE by the end of the series).

We also know Cercei isn't going to die for a while. Maggi told her she'd outlive all her children, so its safe to assume that till her two babies are dead she will be alive and kicking and going crazy xD

Alot of people are saying Brienne will die as well... but she has revenge, the shadow, Stannis, Jaime, UnCat, and an oath to at least try and resolve before her death. It would be pointless for their author to kill her off at this point. If she were to die it really wouldn't even affect the story that much... maybe Jaime, but thats pushing it. Her death would be insignificant ,and she's accomplished nothing. She will stay alive a bit longer.

I think one of the Reed siblings will die, but perhaps it will more likely be Meera. It seems more obvious out of the two that Jojen could possibly die, but possibly if the sister died he would be knocked out of the funk he's gotten himself in. Also, they've made it out so Bran has some feelings for her, so I think it would affect him fundamentally more. It would also be a shame for Jojen to die since he has Green Dreams, and is trying to help train Bran.

I think there is a high possibility of Stannis dying in this book, but I don't think he'll die too early in the book. He'll make it back to the wall somehow to reconvene with Millasandre... and perhaps even Jon =3

I will have more to say on deaths when I have more time.

I don't know why everyone thinks Theon is going to die.

The author has set it up too likely for his death.... will it really be that enjoyable seeing Theon die at this point? I think its TOO likely to happen, and that the author is going to torture him even more xD

okay, that does make sense more than to just simply kill him off XD GRRM is such a sweetheart :))

I think Brienne will kill Stannis as the ultimate fulfillment of her original quest after Renly died. unCat will reDie. Jojen, sadly. Daario will betray Dany and die a horrible death as a result. Jon will die and be resurrected. It would be nice if Davos could make it back to Cape Wrath, but I don't see a happy ending for him. Connington will survive this book to die in the next.

Varys will survive the whole damn thing. "The waves break overhead, the big fish eat the little fish and I keep paddling"

Varys will survive the whole damn thing. "The waves break overhead, the big fish eat the little fish and I keep paddling"

Varys will die to magic; this is my prediction.

He stated explicitly that he would personally make sure Stannis would die a terrible death if he heard he was using magic (Stated to Tyrion in the second book)... because Varys lost his manhood to a magic user. Perhaps this is the reason the Targs fell in the first place... they seemed to be trying some pretty crazy experiments in their last generation. Varys is good at what he does... but if he involves personal vendettas in it... I think it will come back to bite him in the butt.

With that said though... I don't think Varys will die in this book xD

Varys will die to magic; this is my prediction.

He stated explicitly that he would personally make sure Stannis would die a terrible death if he heard he was using magic (Stated to Tyrion in the second book)... because Varys lost his manhood to a magic user.

I think you are probably right. Stannis has only had the victories he's had because of the killing of Ser Lyn Corbray and Renly by shadow magic. He's cheated. And if there is one thing we know about the world of Westeros, there are no easy victories, or victories without sacrifice. I think in the end, he will pay for his dishonorable assassinations with his life. Taken by Varys, as redemption for his lost manhood.

I think you are probably right. Stannis has only had the victories he's had because of the killing of Ser Lyn Corbray and Renly by shadow magic. He's cheated. And if there is one thing we know about the world of Westeros, there are no easy victories, or victories without sacrifice. I think in the end, he will pay for his dishonorable assassinations with his life. Taken by Varys, as redemption for his lost manhood.

i think you've mistaken lyn corbray for the guy who held storm's end in renly's name http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lyn_Corbray

who i think could die:

Ser Barristan

Daario

Khals ( i hope Dany will kill or slave them and reunion all Dohtraki)

Victarion

Brown Plum

Hidzahr

Arya ( i really hope not, but I have bad felling)

Asha

Wanderly

Stannis ( at the end maybe :( )

Roose Bolton

Ramsay ( I hope, but i have bad feeling he could somehow survive?

Queen Selyse/ her daughter

Mellisandra ( if R+L=J --> AAR--> he fall in love for short time with her and then kill her... to get a sword)

half of NW

Tommen

Myrcella

Jon Connington

Doran Martell

Mace Tyrell

Robert Arryn

unCat

A lot of Freys :D

I wonder why there are so many death predictions. It's not like this is the last book. Hell, with the way the pacing has been going, aDoS may not even be the last book, and if it is, it'll be very long. I'm guessing around 1500 pages. Unless TWoW is where the climax happens, and ADoS is just falling action and resolution. I suppose I do have a few people that may die...

People I WANT to die

-Ramsay Snow. That's right, Snow. How DARE you do all that to Theon, you sick, twisted BASTARD!

-Margaery Tyrell. I hate Margaery FAR more then Cersei. In fact, the only Tyrell I like is Loras.

People who I think will die

-Petyr Baelish. I can totally see Sansa accidently killing him, then going insane. That would be awesome.

-Stannis Baratheon. I just have a scary feeling in my gut...

-UnCat(For good this time!) I can't help this feeling that Jaime will kill UnCat. It's not backed up at all, but I feel it.

I really don't want Theon or Davos to die, and I don't think GRRM will kill Theon at least. For all the Character Development Theon went through in ADwD, I don't think GRRM would give him a death in TWoW.

I think too many people are naming off the people they wish to be dead. didn't once see a stark mentioned. you are fools if you think the starks are safe just because they have been shat on in the past five books.

I think one of the stark girls has death coming for her. not sure which one. i've heard theories about arya killing sansa but i don't know about that. Tommen will definitely die, maybe myrcella too(fulfilling the cersei prophecy). also regarding her prophecies, i think that jaime will live through whatever experience he is facing regarding briene and Lady stoneheart so that he can eventually kill cersei. for some reason i feel like briene will not survive however. i think that victarion will die, but not until later in the book. he needs to fuck some shit up in mereen first. RAMSAY WILL DIE THE MOST GRUESOME AND PAINFUL DEATH YET DESCRIBED IN THE BOOKS(my reasoning for this is that the other two most evil characters, joffery and gregor, died very painful deaths and ramsay is icing on the cake when it comes to evil). Also roose. if the gods are good, lots of freys will die. a decent amount of watchmen will die because that fucking wall is coming down. jojen and robin will die because they are sickly and doomed in the winter weather. Davos or osha might die saving Rickon. I think Stannis will die but idk if it will be this book. i can't remember if loras is dead or not, but surely it is upon him. Littlefinger has death coming to him, he has made too many enemies in the Vale. Selmy might die so jorah can take his place, again.

and Others are going to die because he never felt fourth knife. only the cold...

who i think could die:

Arya ( i really hope not, but I have bad felling)

arya is wearing armour even better than plot armour - parris-armour (GRRM's wife)

i've read it on several occasions that she told GRRM that he'd be sleeping on the couch if he killed arya :D

I think too many people are naming off the people they wish to be dead. didn't once see a stark mentioned. you are fools if you think the starks are safe just because they have been shat on in the past five books.

If more are going to die it will be closer to the end.

Sure GRRM is one to kill off main characters... but at this point there's more side characters than main characters left. The story will start to get stale if too many more Starks die off.

Archived