Most overrated house

Elaena_Dragon_Queen

Overrated: House Lannister

"Overrated" is a matter of reputation, and the Lannister reputation was that they are A) rich, B ) feared, C) militarily very dangerous, and D) competent leaders. In reality A is true enough; B is thanks to the very same atrocities and utter lack of honour that makes other lords despise them; C was disproved by the Young Wolf; and for D just look to Joffrey, Cersei, and even 2 handed Jaime. Tywin was 90 % of their reputation, and he was going to lose the war if not for the golden horseshoe up his ass fact that he benefitted from several very unlikely kinds of unintentional outside help.

Not saying the Lannisters were actually pushovers, just that the "Lannisters are not the supremely powerful and fearsome house their reputation suggested.

Targaryens, for the reasons Apple Martini has mentioned (brilliantly, I must say) on this thread :laugh: 300 years, dragons, yeah, you tried... not even impressed.

I'd say the Tyrell's are also superoverrated, they are nothing but the biggest ass- kissers of Westeros for me.

The Targaryens in a walk.

"Oooh look at us, we held power for 300 years!"

Call me when they can survive and hang onto power in Westeros for 3,000, 5,000, 8,000 or 10,000 years like the Starks, Arryns, Martells, Lannisters, Daynes, etc.

I'm also not buying this magical dragon blood bullshit — it's a house of unchecked inbred nutcases, peppered with the occasional sane person, who managed to piss away the main basis for their power in less than 150 years.

I love the way you write :bowdown:

Not necessarily true. The Starks have held on to at least 1/3 of a continent for 8,000 years almost unopposed, occasional Bolton rebellion aside.

The Storm Kings once had an empire that at least stretched from Storm's End to the Neck. This is the Stormlands, a relatively poor and unpopulated region. That is very impressive in it's own right. They did this all without dragons. Targaryens without dragons are nothing. Other houses have something to show.

http://gameofthrones.net/resources/50-maps-of-westeros/537-map-of-westeros.html

Oh you poor sweet summer child what do you know of winter , look at the map of westeros and compare The North with all the rest of the kingdoms .

8,000 years almost unopposed :stillsick: the Starks have been opposed for thousands of years by The Others , Wildlings , Boltons , Greyoys , Skaogos , Andals , Arryns and they have defeated all of them

Overrated:

At the beginning of AGOT, Martell, even Doran confess the other houses give them more power then they really have. By now, Lannister, they're screw, but unlike the Stark, I don't see a way for them to get back on their feets.

And of course Targaryen, Apple Martini couldn't say it better :bowdown:

Underrated.

I disagree with a lot of people here, I think Tyrell are highly underrated, they control the largest army and fleet, the richest region, and thanks to the Citadel, they control the knowledge of Westeros, yet everyone inside Westeros see them as a glorify steward, one of the few great houses that never were Kings on their own.

they still ruled over the entirety of Westeros for 300 more years than any of those Houses. Everyone else ruled over small kingdoms at most one-seventh the size the Targs did.

although i would say they might be overrated in that the were only a middle of the pack House in Ancient Valyria, they have so much arrogance i wonder what they had to say about the noble families that ruled above them...

The North is almost the size of half the continent, and they controlled this land mass without dragons.

IMO the Targaryens are the most overrated house, they took a continent hundreds of years ago with the help of dragons, actually, the Targaryens didn't take Westeros with the dragon's help. The dragon's took Westeros with the Targaryen's help, however small it was. The Targaryens had some good leaders but many of them were just terrible. They stuck to believing that because they came from somewhere they were vastly superior. They were so arrogant that when their claim to Westeros died, the dragons, they just assumed people loved them and would never rebel. They were supposed to be these larger than life characters, equal to the gods and who everyone should worship. But the bottom line is they were beaten by supposedly 'lesser' me.

The Targaryens were stupid. Rather than cementing themselves by marrying into other great houses, they married each other.

Overrated:

At the beginning of AGOT, Martell, even Doran confess the other houses give them more power then they really have. By now, Lannister, they're screw, but unlike the Stark, I don't see a way for them to get back on their feets.

And of course Targaryen, Apple Martini couldn't say it better :bowdown:

Underrated.

I disagree with a lot of people here, I think Tyrell are highly underrated, they control the largest army and fleet, the richest region, and thanks to the Citadel, they control the knowledge of Westeros, yet everyone inside Westeros see them as a glorify steward, one of the few great houses that never were Kings on their own.

Ah finaly, someone who raes house Tyrell, people say that the lanisters are more powerful but the Tyrells would walk all over them, not to mention they also have some kick ass generals, and no I'm not talking about you Mace!

Ah finaly, someone who raes house Tyrell, people say that the lanisters are more powerful but the Tyrells would walk all over them, not to mention they also have some kick ass generals, and no I'm not talking about you Mace!

The Tyrells are the most powerful Great House by far.

The Tyrells are the most powerful Great House by far.

especialy now considering their political influence. Also their armies are suprisingly untouched by all the fighting, I don't see them having lost that many men at BW or dukesdale. I suspect Aegon may change this tho

Archived