Most overrated house

Elaena_Dragon_Queen

Right now it's House Lannister, sad to say.

I guess now this is true. With Kevan gone not only are their forces relatively weak, they have no clear leadership. Jaime doesn't want it, Cersei can't have it, and the rest are too young. It'll probably fall on Genna or Davens laps, if they live that long. That being said, if anyone says the Lannisters are still a force to be reckoned with, I'd say they're lying or don't understand to what level the Lannisters have fallen.

I guess now this is true. With Kevan gone not only are their forces relatively weak, they have no clear leadership. Jaime doesn't want it, Cersei can't have it, and the rest are too young. It'll probably fall on Genna or Davens laps, if they live that long. That being said, if anyone says the Lannisters are still a force to be reckoned with, I'd say they're lying or don't understand to what level the Lannisters have fallen.

That's exactly what I was getting at.. If we're talking at the beginning of A Game of Thrones House Arryn gets my vote. Thanks for elucidating my point Mr. Motte!

ETA: this is not snark. I am genuinely thanking you. :)

Redwyne.. Not as in the novels though, but amongst fans.. Some actually spoke of 20.000 men from Arbor...

In novels, always the bad one.. Vale and Westerlands are almost the same, with shape, size, a city, some towns, but Lannisters can call like 30k (not including the sellswords they got with money) but Vale, 20.000....

And Tyrells are overrated so much that I don't get why they never conquered Westeros on their own.. Renly rallied 90k men and something like 20k of it were Stormmen, and the rest 70k was without Redwyne force, so all together, 80k Tyrell bannermen, they can conquer the Westeros on their own... or at least south...

While I think the Starks are a bit overrated I don't think that they are the worst example. For me the worst example would be Martells and the most underrated is most certainly the Arryns, although the Arryns are in position almost as bad as the Lannisters at the moment so I may well be wrong on that one.

It depends what you mean by 'overrated'. I don't think when you look at the whole of Lannister or Targaryen history, they could be considered overrated, since they are the richest and most powerful houses over the expense of Westerosi history. However, they are, in their current state, bruised and battered. That isn't to say they can't rise again. I see Tyrion becoming Lord of Casterly Rock - and maybe Aegon or Danaerys for Targ (though I don't want either sitting the IT).

Most overrated for me? The Tyrells. They haven't any real history as a powerful house and I am yet to see them do anything majorly amazing or powerful thus far.

The Ironborn would come as a close second. They're great at ruling the Iron Isles but shit at conquering anywhere else, thus far.

Archived