(R+L=J) + 3xKG at ToJ = TPTWP?

Gorubahn

Maybe this is a crackpot idea and maybe it's been brought up before, but I thought it was worth bringing up...

Why would the Targaryens send three KG, including the illustrious Ser Arthur Dayne, to protect Lyanna Stark with only one protecting King Aerys II himself at the capital which they knew could and would soon be under siege? Not to mention Rhaegar's other children, which would be much closer to legitimacy than the bastard he sired on Lyanna Stark.

What if Prince Rhaegar had some sort of foreknowledge that his newborn son would be TPTWP and that's why he sent the three of them? I mean, why else?

It also seems to make some plot sense in the grander sense of the story. I know that Dany is the popular choice (and I am somewhat biased because I don't care for her), but it seems like Jon's half-Stark, half-Targaryen heridity would have a much better chance of uniting north and south peacefully as opposed to Dany and a Pax Dragonica.

Thoughts?

Wow, all I was asking is whether Rhaegar himself may have thought it was true and I haven't seen any other threads about that going through the last fifty pages or so. Admittedly, I am new here. But thanks for the rudeness and sarcasm anyway.

Archived