When was the last time Rhaegar talked to Jamie?

Ariane Martell

Oh no, I think I made myself misunderstood. Tywin had a bad opinion of Aerys. Aerys fired her after Tywin doing all his hard work for 20 years just because he was jealous, then Aerys not only rejected Cersei but offended her saying something like his son didn't marry someone so low born, and that affects a lot Tywin because he put a lot of afford to rewrite the Lannister name after his father who as "too soft". I think Tywin would probably support Rhaegar if he rebelled first, just to hurt Aerys. I don't think he cared much about the silver prince but he would had to pick a side, so he would be on Rhaegar's.

Aerys didn't fire Tywin; Tywin resigned because Aerys named Jaime to the Kingsguard, thus robbing Tywin of his heir. You're right in that Aerys was increasingly jealous and resentful of the credit Tywin got for his work as Hand, but their feud -- at least in my eyes -- was also fueled by Tywin's pride, ambition, and the fact that he could never bring himself to view Tyrion as his heir once Jaime was "lost." And as I recall, Aerys's exact words to Tywin when he rejected Cersei were along the lines of "the royal family doesn't marry its servants." I guess the low-born part could be inferred from that.

Tywin could very well have supported Rhaegar, but there's a chance his support might not have come until it was abundantly clear that Rhaegar could win. Tywin basically pulled a Walder Frey during Robert's Rebellion: he hung back while the fighting played out, then came in once it was obvious who was going to win.

Archived