TYRION IS AERYS' SON

Quiet Isle

There is some school of thought that Tyrion is not Tywin's son. That Tywin was gone for a bit doing his job, and that the Mad King forced Lady Lannister into having relations. If you will recall, it was said that the previous dragons gradually died out after hatching some grotesque and small and unhealthy baby dragons. and i assume they cracked open the shell. If you use that both literally and metaphorically, then if indeed Tyrion is a Targaryen, and one of a mad corrupted king, this could well be a legacy of that line. and the dragon cracking open the dragon shell would be a metaphor of having split open his mother upon birth and causing her death. Just something to ponder. it also makes him NOT a KINSLAYER. Thoughts?

ok this, is entering the realm of crackpot haha. Not everyone is a secret Targaryen. And it has been through great lengths to "prove" that Tyrion is Tywins son. IN fact, Tywins own sister tells Jaime that Tyrion is more of Tywins son than he is.

Interesting, just not plausible.

Can you please not title your threads in all caps? It's annoying. Not common courtesy. Also it (at least for me) gives the impression that you're trolling, or not serious. But hey, I'm not anything near important on this forum, so ignore me if you want.

I don't think Tyrion is a bastard of Aerys'. Solely because there's not much to it that can't be explained in another way, If everyone was a bastard of a Targaryen, the story would start to get stale, imo. Also it would ruin Tyrions character for me. His whole personality is one giant daddy issue, and if you take that away Tyrion really doesn't have any substance or personality/character at all. .

ETA: This has been discussed before on a couple of threads into detail, iirc. I think the talks ended in a plausible, but not likely. :dunno:

I'd like this, I've heard the theory before. I don't think Tyrion would give a shit, however. Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot about the quote of Genna Lannister.. :V

Now, it would be more fun if Jaime and Cersei were the children of the Mad King.. :cool4:

thats what i was thinking as well. Jaime and Cersei would almost certainly fit the bill..

Making Jaime a kinslayer. Cursed by gods and men.

But I like Jaime. xO A bit.

Kingslayer negative the "g" haha. I like Jaime too, and I think in the next two books his story is going to continue to grow....so I just hope there are no more secret Targs

Which is funny, because the "Every time a Targ is born, the Gods flip a coin" comment would make even more sense, since Cersei is mad and Jaime isn't.

yep it would!! haha But she isn't mad in the sense of madness that the Targs were....she just became that way because of her own vanity and narcissism.

Yes, Tyrion is Aerys's son.

No, it is not becoming stale, because Aegon is a fake, and Cersei and Jaime are of course not Targs. That's a ridiculous theory based in its entirety on Cersei madly burning the Tower of the Hand. So Jon and Tyrion are the only 2 unknown Targs.

It does not invalidate Genna's comments, instead, it adds great irony to her words, because it shows that the son that is the closest to Tywin in character, is actually not his son, and implies that Tywin is not all that different from old Mad Aerys, whom he hated.

And lastly, it adds the great irony that the two Lannister brothers - Jaime and Tyrion - ended up killing each other's fathers.

Not to mention all the other hints like Tyrion casting the shadow of a king in Jon's words in book 1, or Tyrion having pale blond hair compared to the Lannister gold, or Tyrion being obsessed with dragons, or the whole story about Aerys lusting after Joanna, or the fact that Tyrion being a Targ will make the dragons like him a heck of a lot once he joins up with Daenerys.

Oh yes, Tyrion is a Targ. There is little doubt about it, in my view.

Yes, Tyrion is Aerys's son.

No, it is not becoming stale, because Aegon is a fake, and Cersei and Jaime are of course not Targs. That's a ridiculous theory based in its entirety on Cersei madly burning the Tower of the Hand. So Jon and Tyrion are the only 2 unknown Targs.

It does not invalidate Genna's comments, instead, it adds great irony to her words, because it shows that the son that is the closest to Tywin in character, is actually not his son, and implies that Tywin is not all that different from old Mad Aerys, whom he hated.

And lastly, it adds the great irony that the two Lannister brothers - Jaime and Tyrion - ended up killing each other's fathers.

Not to mention all the other hints like Tyrion casting the shadow of a king in Jon's words in book 1, or Tyrion having pale blond hair compared to the Lannister gold, or Tyrion being obsessed with dragons, or the whole story about Aerys lusting after Joanna, or the fact that Tyrion being a Targ will make the dragons like him a heck of a lot once he joins up with Daenerys.

Oh yes, Tyrion is a Targ. There is little doubt about it, in my view.

the only reason I'm even entertaining this is because I recall something about a Targ having two different colored eyes....??

The reason I'm entertaining it is because it's blindingly obvious thanks to all the hints Martin has provided for us.

Tyrion somehow ending up meeting Jon and counseling him as a friend in Book 1, unlikely as it is, given the enmity between their families? That contrived situation will turn out to have been Jon receiving counsel from his yet to be revealed uncle Tyrion.

This is golden oldie amongst theories

Tyrion as a targaryen

tyrion is aerys' son

i personally think tyrion is a targaryen

what's with the theory about tyrion being a targaryen

& no doubt many more.

Not really any evidence though and it would be a pity considering how intense the Tywin-Tyrion relationship was.

Archived