TYRION IS AERYS' SON

Quiet Isle

thats what i was thinking as well. Jaime and Cersei would almost certainly fit the bill..

And then Jaime would be AA (considering the flaming sword in his fever dream) and he would have to stab Cersei to pull out Lightbringer (and that would fulfill the "valonqar" prophecy). Also, that would make their incest much less disgusting (in Westerosi customs) and would mean Jaime killed his father.

I really hope not as well, I'd rather there were no secret Targs, and if any of the Lannister children are it's more likely that Jaime and Cersei are. Tyrion is way more like Tywin than Jaime was. There was a reason Tywin named his firstborn son Jaime and saved the Ty- name for his next son. He just didn't realize Tyrion would be a dwarf, but you make due with what you have. Tywin was a piece of crap anyways, I'm glad Tyrion killed him, but I think he was already dying from poison that Oberyn had given him.

Very interesting theory, but I'd personally be very disappointed if Tyrion turned out to be a Targaryen. It would detract from the relationship between him and Tywin and make Genna's statement to Jaime about Tyrion being Tywin's true son irrelevant.

Th twins are actually Aerys kids, leaving Tyrion as the true son.

I think thats a better theory.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this, is entering the realm of crackpot haha. Not everyone is a secret Targaryen. And it has been through great lengths to "prove" that Tyrion is Tywins son. IN fact, Tywins own sister tells Jaime that Tyrion is more of Tywins son than he is.

Interesting, just not plausible.

Ok, using your OWN quote, Jaime may NOT be Tywin's son.

Ok, using your OWN quote, Jaime may NOT be Tywin's son.

Doesn't Ned at one point say that Bran isn't his son, that he was fathered by a squirrel because of all the climbing he does?

According to logic that Genna's quote means Aerys is J&C's father, Ned's quote means Bran must be an abomination born of bestiality.

Also, I'm a little fuzzy on the timeline, but wasn't Aerys a captive in Duskendale around the time of Tyrion's conception?

I really hope not as well, I'd rather there were no secret Targs, and if any of the Lannister children are it's more likely that Jaime and Cersei are. Tyrion is way more like Tywin than Jaime was. There was a reason Tywin named his firstborn son Jaime and saved the Ty- name for his next son. He just didn't realize Tyrion would be a dwarf, but you make due with what you have. Tywin was a piece of crap anyways, I'm glad Tyrion killed him, but I think he was already dying from poison that Oberyn had given him.

This is an interesting point. Ive always wondered why Tywin would name a son jaime instead of the usual Ty names. Wasnt there a quote from Aerys about him wishing the first night thing was still around in regards to joanna? Im not sure but im assuming he said it before jaime and cersei were born.

the only reason I'm even entertaining this is because I recall something about a Targ having two different colored eyes....??

Are you referring to Sierra Seastar, one blue eye and one green? She was Aegon's bastard, I think...

As for whether Tyrion is Tywin's or not, in GOT, Tyrion tells Jon about dwarfs and bastards and then recalls his dreams of dragons and his fascination with fire. As a child he dreamed of setting Tywin and Cersei on fire. KL was saved from Stannis' fleet thanks to Tyrion's wildfire plan. Much later, in DWD Tyrion remembers when Tygett and Gerion asked him when he was little what he wanted for a gift and Tyrion answered a dragon. In DWD, Barristan, perhaps one of the few honourable men in the series, tells Dany that Aerys lusted after Joanna Lannister and that there was gossip in the court. Now, when the Tower of the Hand was burned, Jaime noticed that Cersei reminded him of Aerys. If the twins are Aerys' bastards then that would be quite the irony, since the golden twins are not Tywin's and deformed Tyrion is the true Lannister.

I like to believe that Tyrion is Aerys'. I also like to believe that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's child. And then of course, there is the following conversation from CoK between Varys and Tyrion:

Men are such faithless creatures."

Tyrion sighed. "Who's the traitor today?"

The eunuch handed him a scroll. "So much villainy, it sings a sad song for our age. Did honor die with our fathers?" "My father is not dead yet."

Perhaps Varys was referring to his own father, I also believe that Varys is descended from Aerion or a blackfyre. Varys was also Aerys' most trusted advisor. He should have known whether Joanna and Aerys had an affair or, given the fact that there was true love between Joanna and Tywin, whether Aerys raped Joanna.

So, in that case Varys was not referring to tywin but rather to Aerys, who died in a dishonourable way, slain by Jaime.

But even if Tyrion is trully Aerys's son, I think he would be still a Kinslayer. Joanna was still his mother and Tywin was her first cousin. Robb killed Karstark, a distant relative and was accused of kinslaying.

. Wasnt there a quote from Aerys about him wishing the first night thing was still around in regards to joanna? Im not sure but im assuming he said it before jaime and cersei were born.

I think you are referring to Barristan Selmy who told Dany that on Tywin's wedding day Aerys complained about Queen Alyssanne who abolished the First Night, otherwise Aerys would be allowed to sleep with Joanna. Also, according to Barristan, Aerys took some liberties during the bedding.

I used to be in this camp ( I vacillated between Aerys and Rhaegar ) because I thought it might fit the bill of one of the prophecies (AA tempering lightbringer through the heart of a lion resulting in a broken sword). I've since come up with another alternate reading of the prophecy and I've somewhat moved away from the Tyrion is a secret Targ. I still think it's a possibility, but the biggest problem I see with this is theory is the issue Aegon the worthy brought up, namely how is this theory ever revealed to the reader? Even if it comes out that Aerys did rape Joanna, how do you prove that Tyrion is Aerys' son and not Tywin's?

I used to be in this camp ( I vacillated between Aerys and Rhaegar ) because I thought it might fit the bill of one of the prophecies (AA tempering lightbringer through the heart of a lion resulting in a broken sword). I've since come up with another alternate reading of the prophecy and I've somewhat moved away from the Tyrion is a secret Targ. I still think it's a possibility, but the biggest problem I see with this is theory is the issue Aegon the worthy brought up, namely how is this theory ever revealed to the reader? Even if it comes out that Aerys did rape Joanna, how do you prove that Tyrion is Aerys' son and not Tywin's?

His relationship with a Dragon, perhaps? Perhaps he is immune to fire/heat in a similar way to Dany? I don't think its impossible to prove -- I wonder if Tyrion's dreams about Dragons are his secret Targ blood?

Archived