TYRION IS AERYS' SON

Quiet Isle

ok this, is entering the realm of crackpot haha. Not everyone is a secret Targaryen. And it has been through great lengths to "prove" that Tyrion is Tywins son. IN fact, Tywins own sister tells Jaime that Tyrion is more of Tywins son than he is.

Interesting, just not plausible.

He is Tywin's son because he take after him so much. It doesn't matter if he is his biological son or not, he inherited his fathers traits.

He is Tywin's son because he take after him so much. It doesn't matter if he is his biological son or not, he inherited his fathers traits.

But it does matter. If he isn't his son, he's not a kinslayer. that's really important. and if he's a Targ, then we're about to see he and his potential sister Dany ride some dragons.

But it does matter. If he isn't his son, he's not a kinslayer. that's really important. and if he's a Targ, then we're about to see he and his potential sister Dany ride some dragons.

Which would make Tywin a tragic character, who got assassinated by the ungrateful bastard, whom he himself brought up to be a true Lannister.

See how the whole dynamic of their relationship goes down the toilet? And how Tywin turns out to be a martyr? Don't you consider that to be a problem with your theory?

Tyrion is so far from being taken back into the good graces of Westerosi society that it doesn't matter if he is a kinslayer or not. He was already CONVICTED of kinslaying and kingslaying by a trial by combat so whether he killed his biological father or adoptive father is really a moot point. By all the laws of Westeros he killed Joffrey until that can be proven otherwise.

Which would make Tywin a tragic character, who got assassinated by the ungrateful bastard, whom he himself brought up to be a true Lannister.

See how the whole dynamic of their relationship goes down the toilet? And how Tywin turns out to be a martyr? Don't you consider that to be a problem with your theory?

no i don't see it that way at all. i see it as a son who never asked to be born, who was treated horribly, who tried to fit in and couldn't. told time and time again you are no son of mine. no, i don't think of him as an ungrateful bastard. he tried. over and over again. the children tommen and myrcella loved him. jaime loves him, to the extent tywin will let him. no, i don't see it that way. every time he tries to make a life, to make it right in battle, to do everything his "father" would like, Tywin turns against him. how can you see him as ungrateful?

ultimately, when your whole family makes it very clear that you are not welcome, you cut ties and move on. There are lots of people who will accept you on your own terms. no. he is not ungrateful. unappreciated, oh yes.

no i don't see it that way at all. i see it as a son who never asked to be born, who was treated horribly, who tried to fit in and couldn't. told time and time again you are no son of mine. no, i don't think of him as an ungrateful bastard. he tried. over and over again. the children tommen and myrcella loved him. jaime loves him, to the extent tywin will let him. no, i don't see it that way. every time he tries to make a life, to make it right in battle, to do everything his "father" would like, Tywin turns against him. how can you see him as ungrateful?

ultimately, when your whole family makes it very clear that you are not welcome, you cut ties and move on. There are lots of people who will accept you on your own terms. no. he is not ungrateful. unappreciated, oh yes.

He said "you are no son of mine" to Jaime too, that doesn't prove anything.. Tywin sees him as a punishment of gods, and he even said that "I can't prove you aren't mine because your mother is dead"... He hates Tyrion because he doesn't look good like a Lannister, he married a whore, failed fighting skills and he never gave him a chance to prove his brain skills either.. He hates him, but none are proof that Tyrion is of royal blood..

He said "you are no son of mine" to Jaime too, that doesn't prove anything.. Tywin sees him as a punishment of gods, and he even said that "I can't prove you aren't mine because your mother is dead"... He hates Tyrion because he doesn't look good like a Lannister, he married a whore, failed fighting skills and he never gave him a chance to prove his brain skills either.. He hates him, but none are proof that Tyrion is of royal blood..

He didn't marry a whore! have you read the books? she was a crofter's daughter and loved him, did you read the chapter where jaime releases Tyrion and tells him the real story? failed fighting skills? have you read Blackwater? he held that castle until tywin came.

If any of the Lannister's were in fact the children of Aerys then it would be Jaime and Cersei rather than Tyrion; I believe this because King Jaehaerys once said to Barristan Selmy that it was a flip of a coin whether a Targaryen was mad or great, and I do believe that Jaime was great in terms of his mastery of sword-fighting and also his intelligence being shown more so since he lost his right hand. Cersei on the other hand continues to demonstrate herself being absolutely fucking bonkers and has made me hate her as I hated Viserys in the first book and also how I hate Aerys just from all the stories that have been told about him.

If any of the Lannister's were in fact the children of Aerys then it would be Jaime and Cersei rather than Tyrion; I believe this because King Jaehaerys once said to Barristan Selmy that it was a flip of a coin whether a Targaryen was mad or great, and I do believe that Jaime was great in terms of his mastery of sword-fighting and also his intelligence being shown more so since he lost his right hand. Cersei on the other hand continues to demonstrate herself being absolutely fucking bonkers and has made me hate her as I hated Viserys in the first book and also how I hate Aerys just from all the stories that have been told about him.

disagree. but we shall see. and btw, aerys was not insane until duskendale - two years after tyrion's birth. before that, it was fine. go ahead, research the history. his insanity started after tyrion's twisted dragon birth, and joanna's death. i think it was his guilt that drove him insane.

I don't see him that way as well, but my point was that if your theory is correct and Tyrion turns out to be Aerys' son, then Tywin's death becomes a martyr's death.

well. i wouldn't exactly call it a martyr's death. he took tyrion's beloved wife, had her raped by countless men, threw her aside. i think tyrion is righteous. wouldn't you do the same?

He didn't marry a whore! have you read the books? she was a crofter's daughter and loved him, did you read the chapter where jaime releases Tyrion and tells him the real story? failed fighting skills? have you read Blackwater? he held that castle until tywin came.

By Tywin's opinion, he married a whore.. He kept calling her a whore.. He took Shae to his bed to make the same point he gave Tysha to soldiers..

He held city but he was losing it, to a group of riders who weren't even fit for a siege, with only a number of 1 to 3.. Tywin saved him, he started saying things like "you have a certain cunning Tyrion" but his plain despise remains.. He lost a wife to Tyrion.. That is enough for the hate... And for many fans, Martin spent all his credit in "making dragons"... He is like Littlefinger, except Martin doesn't make golden dragons, but human dragons... All points of twists are to make you shocked, not turn this into a Brazilian TV show... Or Days of our Lives..

disagree. but we shall see. and btw, aerys was not insane until duskendale - two years after tyrion's birth. before that, it was fine. go ahead, research the history. his insanity started after tyrion's twisted dragon birth, and joanna's death. i think it was his guilt that drove him insane.

No, sorry, but that just makes no sense. He was paranoid, he wasn't guilt ridden. We're talking about the guy who was ready to burn King's Landing just so he could deny Robert the capital. And for quite a while before that, he enjoyed burning people and raping his wife. Does that sound like the actions of someone, burning with grief?

Barristan was part of the Kingsguard during all the reign of Aerys, and he says he was always prone to acts of madness, but during his early years he wasn't as bad, and they were always shadowed by things he did that were nicer. You can't say that he wasn't always insane, it was just that he hid it well, and he also wasn't as prone to acts of insanity before Duskendale

Im sorry, i really hate Lannisters are Targs theories. Cuz it just doesnt make sense to me. :(

Where Barristan tells Dany of Aerys taking liberties on Joanna and Tywin's wedding night, then trails off because he doesn't want Dany to know what his father was really like... You can't say it doesn't make some sense!!

By Tywin's opinion, he married a whore.. He kept calling her a whore.. He took Shae to his bed to make the same point he gave Tysha to soldiers..

He held city but he was losing it, to a group of riders who weren't even fit for a siege, with only a number of 1 to 3.. Tywin saved him, he started saying things like "you have a certain cunning Tyrion" but his plain despise remains.. He lost a wife to Tyrion.. That is enough for the hate... And for many fans, Martin spent all his credit in "making dragons"... He is like Littlefinger, except Martin doesn't make golden dragons, but human dragons... All points of twists are to make you shocked, not turn this into a Brazilian TV show... Or Days of our Lives..

tywin was a freak. he bedded whores and still maintained a "public image". he humiliated all his children, and still made it look like he was father of the year. imho. great strategist. horrible human being.

I'm not sold on this at all. Especially since there is no hints to this given in the book, if anything there is evidence showing that Tyrion was more Tywin's son than Jamie.

i still hold to tyrion not being tywin's son. but dig this: Where Barristan tells Dany of Aerys taking liberties on Joanna and Tywin's wedding night, then trails off because he doesn't want Dany to know what his father was really like... You can't say it doesn't make some sense!!

Barristan was part of the Kingsguard during all the reign of Aerys, and he says he was always prone to acts of madness, but during his early years he wasn't as bad, and they were always shadowed by things he did that were nicer. You can't say that he wasn't always insane, it was just that he hid it well, and he also wasn't as prone to acts of insanity before Duskendale

agreed. folks don't usually change their stripes. but as one psychologist told me years ago, pathology can be there early, but it doesn't really become PATHOLOGICAL until later.

Archived