Will the Greatjon ever make it out of the Frey dungeon?

Jaime told the Freys that they had to surrender their RW hostages to the throne. The Greatjon should be on his way to King's Landing by now.

That is noly ever going to go badly for Cersei....

'King in the North! he shouted as Cersei's face disapeared inbetween his palms and her body flopped like a fish two feet off the ground'

Jaime told the Freys that they had to surrender their RW hostages to the throne. The Greatjon should be on his way to King's Landing by now.

Actually lannister host is all scattered now so there is a slim possibility that that they will free all the north men they are holding.

If the Northerner prisoners were taken to KL, it just backs my fears that Greatjon was killed and his head was delivered to Dorne instead of Gregor Clegane's.. who in that case would be very-much ''alive'' and wearing a white cloak.

Long time lurker, first post. That said- Isn't there a theory that the head that was sent to Dorne is one of the heads of the dwarves that were brought before Cersei? I thought the box the head was presented in in Dorne matched the description of the box presented to Cersei in KL.

I don't think Great Jon is down for the count yet.

If the Northerner prisoners were taken to KL, it just backs my fears that Greatjon was killed and his head was delivered to Dorne instead of Gregor Clegane's.. who in that case would be very-much ''alive'' and wearing a white cloak.

Great jon also cannot match the mountain that rides.

I really hope he comes back, but yeah, as Bong pointed out, it's likely that they wrote him out since they now know/assume that he's not going to be important anymore.

Although I do feel that, another part of the reason for him not being in Season 2 is because they chose to give his part (as Robb's second in command out West) to Bolton so that the betrayal will have that much more of an effect on the viewers.

The actor who played the Greatjon in season 1, Clive Mantle, was unable to do the second season of the show as a result of other commitments.

It is highly possible that the Greatjon busts out by himself. Maybe the BWB will bust him out, but a guy like that... no dungeon can hold him. I hope this is the case. Of all the northern lords, he's my third favorite, right behind Roose Bolton and Wyman Manderly.

Brienne is handing Jaime over to the BWB, perhaps he will tell them of that (if the BWB doesn't already know) and they exchange Jaime for the noble captives.

Since Lady Stoneheart's been described as emotioneless lunatic on a Kill Bill-style roadtrip against the Freys, I never came to think that she'd actually care about the ongoing war. When she shows up in WoW, we'll see.. but I doubt she'd let Jaime go now since he's pretty much broken his oaths to free Cat's daughters. A lunatic she may be, but she sure as hell is not a trusting fool who makes same mistakes twice.

Brienne is handing Jaime over to the BWB, perhaps he will tell them of that (if the BWB doesn't already know) and they exchange Jaime for the noble captives.

I'm pretty sure the BWB are going to lead a slaughter in Riverrun. Why else would Tom be looking to get in with them? Seeing how Stonehearts all about revenge I don't really see her freeing bannermen, too busy hanging people.

I think (Hope the greatjon is still alive) as "Robert Strong" is helmeted we have yet to see his skull... The man is clearly gregor but what head he wears hmmm only Qyburn knows that. I doubt anyone would have thought to cut Greatjons head off for the good ol' switchero, they'd lose all peace with the Umbers.

He does have more sons, I believe on the wiki it says "The smallJon is the Greatjons oldest son and heir". I don't understand why the killed him and not the father, makes little sense to me.

Greatjon is easily one of the greatest side characters, he'll certainly go on some sort of killing spree or amazing breakout, I can't wait <3

He does have more sons, I believe on the wiki it says "The smallJon is the Greatjons oldest son and heir". I don't understand why the killed him and not the father, makes little sense to me.

SJ was sober and presumably as formidable a fighter, if not more so, (he's bigger) than GJ. He was also serving as Robbs guard. It was probably easier to grab the GJ and the others when they went off to the bedding, and just kill the bodyguards and witnesses to the great hall massacre.

I mostly just love the fact he out drank three Freys, killed one, wounded two and bit Haigh's (I think this is the one Sandor snuck past) ear off.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/6/68/Nacho_Molina_Smalljon.jpg < I like this picture, but he looks a hell of a lot more 'giantish' than I figured they should look.

SJ was sober and presumably as formidable a fighter, if not more so, (he's bigger) than GJ. He was also serving as Robbs guard. It was probably easier to grab the GJ and the others when they went off to the bedding, and just kill the bodyguards and witnesses to the great hall massacre.

I mostly just love the fact he out drank three Freys, killed one, wounded two and bit Haigh's (I think this is the one Sandor snuck past) ear off.

http://awoiaf.wester...na_Smalljon.jpg < I like this picture, but he looks a hell of a lot more 'giantish' than I figured they should look.

RIP SmallJon a character we could never truly appreciate :P No I mean for ransom value and stuff like that surely the heir is as important, if not more than the current I understand they may not be able to just capture him. I enjoyed readying that part too hahaha no petty southron out drinks a northman!

Archived