About the last Sansa/Alayne chapter

clydas

If I understood it, Littlefinger bethroted 'Alayne' to Harry the Heir, planning to turn Alayne into Sansa in the moment of the marriage.

How to keep Sansa safe after revealing her? And how can she marry wiith Tyrion still alive?

Speaking of Tyrion, how could he have married Sansa if he was already married to Tysha? I thought marriages in Westeros could only be broken by death.

No ADwD spoilers, please , I've read only 3 chapters so far (by the way, best prologue till now).

My understanding is that she is betrothed to him but the wedding won't happen until littlefinger makes sure Tyrian is dead. Then when she is revealed as Sansa she will be safe because Harry will be lord of the vale(once they kill Robert or he dies) and have their army for protection plus she is still the heir to winterfell.

Tyrion was not still married to tysha because I believe tywin paid off the septon to undo it.

I think Littlefinger has it in his mind that once Harry meets Alayne he will fall in love with her and protect her even from the Iron Throne. Plus he specifically said that when the lords of the Vale will come to the wedding, they will pledge their life to win you your birthright, and I think he's sure of that because he's also sure that the lords of the Vale will love Harry.

As for the matter of Tyrion, he also seems sure that Tyrion is dead, or will be dead by the time they get married. Keep in mind that Sansa and Harry will not get married until Robert is dead.

No ADwD spoilers, please , I've read only 3 chapters so far (by the way, best prologue till now).

I agree. ADwD prologue IS the best prologue!

If I understood it, Littlefinger bethroted 'Alayne' to Harry the Heir, planning to turn Alayne into Sansa in the moment of the marriage.

How to keep Sansa safe after revealing her? And how can she marry wiith Tyrion still alive?

Speaking of Tyrion, how could he have married Sansa if he was already married to Tysha? I thought marriages in Westeros could only be broken by death...

Well, no ADWD spoilers, I would encourage you to remember Littlefinger. Is he a man who tells the truth or who tells lies to win advantage to himself? Can you remember a time prior to this scene when he was entirely honest and helpful to a Stark? If this man wants to help the starks so much then why did he arrange to have Ned Stark's head chopped off in the first place?

Do you remember the scene in the Eyrie when Littlefinger confronts the Lords declarent? And afterwards Sansa confronts him about Lyn Corbray whose loyalty as Littlefinger admits is bought with boys and promises? There is a parallel here as Littlefinger is trying to buy Sansa with a boy (harry the heir) and promises (of winterfell). Littlefinger is also telling Sansa that she is going to have to work at seducing Harry, it might be worth thinking about what Littlefinger stands to gain from tying Harry to him rather than what Sansa might gain...

As you say there are two big problems - the existing marriage and the Sansa/Alayne and Littlefinger's answers are a bit wishful and don't seem to reflect what we know about the rest of Westeros at the end of AFFC.

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to trust what Littlefinger promises ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived